Type Private
Rocky Bayou Country Club

Year Built 1973
Fairways No
Greens Tif Eagle Bermuda
Architect Bill Amick (1973) Earl Stone (2003)

Clubs No
Pull-carts No

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #20)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2015 #19)

Very good

Course was in good shape. There is 1 green that you can tell they had some trouble with but it is almost back. Nice layout, unexpectedly has some eelevation changes! Had a great time would definitely play again.

This course needs staff work.

The course itself was very nice, but it is one of the most understaffed places in Florida. There was no water on the course and no cart persons. One cook in the kitchen and one server- hardly enough people to cut it, especially on a weekend.

Love the Layout

Great layout super friendly staff. Play was a little slow due to a twosome! But overall it was a great day. Love the course layout.

Pro not very friendly.

Very nice course but greens are very slow. Had a tee time for 1pm. Checked in and found out they was having a scramble go off at 1pm in front of us. Asked if would could go off the back and told absolutely not. There was only 8 teams but we got to follow them around the whole time. Would I play it again, yes. Talked to a member and he said the course was in bad shape.

Recovering Nice From Punching, Etiquettes Gone

The course is decent and green punch holes are barely visible, all grassy areas very dry though and pretty slow rolling greens compared to Destin courses. Very laid back semi-private club that lets in public too. Decent but not that challenging layout, only 2-3 holes front & back have carry hazards or risk reward decisions. Most just are, can I keep the ball straight and get to the green from here aka boring and similar, price is low so worth it.

Except, no starter, course marshals (much less one) or bev cart service like ever! BYOE (everything). Usually they have nicely stocked coolers brimming with clean ice and bottled water every 3-4 holes. This Sat at 1:30 start, first Igloo empty, second no ice, four cool bottles left(I took two sorry). Good thing, all the rest empty except one with 5 warm bottles and unidentifiable live swimming objects in the cooler that gave me some sort of protrusion (finger?) for disrupting their pool party trying to quench my thirst. Thang goodness there are some bathrooms scattered with running sink water, no fountains, unless you count that China bow.

The worst was slows play and big gaps, no consideration. Pair of ladies gossiping by cart path only moved along to Redbox as my ball hits approach. Rather than let me play through, they hurriedly hit as I’m standing two tees behind them, this lag, here he comes, go, went on four holes or more, no one to call, they’re just being rude it seems. A twosome ahead slowed slows all, the ladies are MIA, as slow2 let me through witnessed by ladies, I’m teeing off and they go right past me, go hit in line with LZ, after taking about 15 min break, I was appalled how rude that was. I just got the go ahead from someone in front of them as a single. This place is typically full of members who are polite and play golf not I don’t give a _____. Apparently there was a rude Tourney as those ladies played through a 5-some who blocked me fo 6 more holes. Try playing legally as a single 4:45 mins?

Rocky Bye You!

Like the layout, conditions are poor!

Greens were bad, a lot of large dirt spots, some fungus, very rough. Had recently been airified and there was no notice of any sort nor did anyone in the shop say anything. I hope punching them helps, they are bad. Most of the rough was cut down to playable and the fairways were okay with some spots here and there. Tee boxes were as bad or worse than the greens, don't know if they weren't maintained or just what has happened. I have played here a few times and there never is a marshal, normally see 2 or 3 fivesomes rolling around taking their sweet time, more of a social event than a golf game with socializing! Lastly where the cart pick up and drop off is located is ridiculous, it must be 150 yards or more from the parking lot to sign in and get a cart, and the same way with drop off another 150 yard walk to the car on a roasting hot day. I like the layout and the course is close to home and work but it has to get better for me to continue to play there, even at a GN price of $20 plus their fee!

got in 9 holes b4 weather came through

Greens recently aeriated only issue but other than that nice course. Long with some shots over water on front 9. not sure of back 9 as did not finish due to storm.. Not crowded so I did not feel rushed. Staff was friendly and it's so nice to have cold bottled waters on about every 3 or 4 holes, especially being so hot out there. Definitely will come again next time I vacation here.

Great course and Great value

Course was a great value and overall a very nice course. The rate for a morning tee time was a great value. This was a great course to play and avoid those expensive morning rates at other courses. Typically country club atmosphere, has a nice laid back easy going feel. The greens overall where in great shape. Little slower than I like to play but besides a few of them having some bad spots they rolled great and were very receptive. The fairways were little fluffier than most Florida fairways but were in good condition. Some areas around the course have grown up a little bit but it was very playable. Layout was easy to get around and didn’t have too many blind shots. Not a very long course but could be narrow on some homes with trees lining all the fairways. Bunkers in great condition. Water was stashed around the course on serval holes so you could get hydrated. Some of the tee boxes where little rough but most in good shape. Range had mats to hit on, nice putting area and chipping area though it was actually away from range across parking lot. Overall it was a great value and would probably give it another try next time i am visiting Destin.

Great condition and super valve.

I’ve vacationed in Destin for over 20 and had never heard of this course until this year. It has always been a private club until the last couple years. This course is a treat to play and a super value. The greens had a few spots here and there around the edges but they rolled so good, possibly the best greens we played on this week. Most of the big name courses around Destin are priced out of line until late afternoon. This course is a must play when an early tee time is called for, it’s a third of the price as some in the area. I really enjoyed the layout and the greens.

fun gold

the layout thelayout is great the course in in fine shape the edges of the greens were rough but the greens near the pins were fine not much of a club house but destin is not far.

TheBoot

always enjoy playing this course, laid out well, playability very good, staff couldn't be any nicer.

Magnificent layout

Course was in excellent condition. Fairways are plush and full. Greens are excellent and smooth, except for a few greens that had some bare spots but only on the outer edges. They have addressed the issue. It in no way affected your putts though. Difficult to read the subtle breaks in them. No weeds on the greens or fairways. Very hot play in the afternoon, but it is July in Florida.

Golf Course Etiquette

We really enjoyed the this course and the staff but the people that play this course was very rude. First off their was a group of two in front of us that didn’t have a care in the world for pace of play or keeping people waiting behind them. They probably spent 10-15 minutes a hole looking for the balls they hit all over the course. When we made the turn they decided to go inside sit down and chill and when we left the green on 9, they were just driving to hole 10. So we decided to go in and cool off and get a drink and when we got to number 10 they were just now in the fairway. We decided to skip them when we got to hole 11 because they obviously were not going to let us play through and they didn’t like that to much. When we hit our drives on number 12 we could hear them yell at us from the middle of the fairway. Then before we could pull off they drove up to the green and told us that we were rude for passing them. We got all the way to the green on the next hole and they still hadn’t tees off the previous hole. Then we got to hole 13 and their were two groups of women that were playing in front of us and we sat on the tee box and watched them tee off and they were obviously not going to let us play through so we decided not to wait another two hours at this pace to just play 6 more holes so we quit our round. We are not from this area but read really good reviews about this course and were disappointed when this happened. When we told the clubhouse what had happened their response was “yeah those ladies play 6 hour rounds.” To me they don’t need to let them play during the peak time or have Marshall’s on the course that can help with pace of play especially on a Friday. The next time we are down here on vacation we will probably not play this course again.

Niceville, Florida
Niceville, Florida
4.6219235294

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.