Eagle Dunes Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Mike Dasher (2003)

Dress code Proper golf attire such as collared shirts; no denim

Getting better....

This used to be a great course in great condition, but it is not back yet to its glory days. The greens were good, the fairways had some bare spots and were a little rough in spots.
It was in a lot better shape than it was several months back, and I will continue to play there.
The pace of play was really slow today.

Commented on 04/12/2019

Thank you for leaving us four stars!

Nice day

Arrived to the course and was greeted by a friendly staff in the pro shop. The starter paired me up with another single player who I actually had played with before so that’ was nice. Noticed they are working on the bunkers with new sand throughout the course. The rest of the course was not bad being early in the spring. The greens roll nice. Pace of play was good. Will come back to play again.

Commented on 04/12/2019

It's wonderful to hear that you had a great round with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Excellent track

This was my first time playing and I would play again as well as recommend to others. Great value for the money, friendly staff, great course layout and conditions and nice golf carts. The greens were excellent, fairways good, and tee boxes fair. Was told they had to deal with a bacteria in the soil last year so it looks like they are trending back to excellent 5-star conditions.

Commented on 04/12/2019

It's wonderful to hear that your experience with us was a great one! We hope you'll be back again soon.

Ohio Advisor

Rain & Drizzle didn't detract from Fun Course

Eagle Dunes is not your typical Central Florida track ---from the first elevated tee box #1 & 10, the rolling fairways are just fun to play. The course is in pretty good shape; this day really wet due to rain/drizzle, so no roll-out of T-balls or short approach shots. Played on Hot Deals special in afternoon, and there must have been a few groups ahead in an outing/scramble format, so play was rather slow for a rainy Monday afternoon. I played the front9 really well, but ballooned on the back9. I got paired with a couple of nice guys, and it was all good!

Commented on 04/12/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a terrific five-star review! We're so pleased that you had a good time despite some rain and slower play.

Slow play

Just should not take 4.5 hours to play a round of golf

Great value

I play this course often in the winter. Layout good. Greens tricky, fast. Staff here is fabulous. They pair me with good groups, are friendly, helpful, efficient. Call this my southern course

Commented on 03/27/2019

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 03/25/2019

Mittworch at Wähle Dunes

A lot of sand especially on par 5s, it even feels like runway lights. Elevation changes near the club house are more pronounced than elsewhere on the course. Greens sloping can be underestimated on the back nine due to their sloping scheme, thus take the time to make a proper assessment or you risk to see your golf ball rollback. New pin rule will not help here! Beside the greens are a bit faster on the back nine.

Commented on 03/22/2019

Commented on 03/22/2019

Poorly maintained

This course has potential but clearly needs help. Very few rakes in bunkers despite very high number of sand traps. Most bunkers full of footprints and divots. Fairways and tee boxes with some bare areas. Greens were ok but slow. Pace of play very slow despite a nice ranger going by telling us he spoke with the slow groups to speed up. Nothing changed. Not sure why it has a 4 star rating but clearly not more than a 3 at this time.

Commented on 03/20/2019

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Our staff is working hard on getting the course conditions back up to par and we hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Please come back and give us another try in the near future.

Play here often

I play Eagle Dunes often in the winter time when I’m in Florida. The course layout is nice and you were never in a shooting gallery. The tee boxes are generally in good shape, the greens are fast. What I like most about Eagle Dunes is that the staff is fabulous. There is a starter available most of the time and keeps things moving right off the first tee. Frequently there is a Ranger that will come around on the course to make sure things are moving and there are no issues. I often play as a solo player and get signed up with other groups and the starter makes sure that I am in a group that is amiable and that I feel safe with being a woman playing with a group of men.

10:40 Tee

Course was overall very good. Fairways were spotty. Greens were nice, normal speed. Very good value. A little out of the way, northwest corner of metropolitan Orlando. If you've been to Orlando it takes an hour to cross town.

Commented on 03/18/2019

Great day

The course was in great shape, very fast greens all in all had a good time.

Commented on 03/15/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.

Commented on 03/19/2019

Course is great!

Greens are in great shape and quick! Fairways always need a little work but overall in great shape. It was a little slow but that is too be expected this time of year. Ranger was out making sure things kept moving.

Commented on 03/20/2019

Thank you for the fantastic 5-star review of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon for more of the best golf in town.

Commented on 03/05/2019

Highly recommended, generous fairways

Had a very enjoyable day of pick-up golf. Played with some local golfers who helped with course k knowledge. As a Canadian, was my first round of the year and found course very fair with generous fairways. Greens in excellent shape an ran pretty true.

Commented on 02/28/2019

Commented on 02/28/2019

Much improved

The course has made some good improvements since it experienced a rough summer 2018 and seems to be bouncing back with more attention to maintenance.
The greens are pretty good and rolled true. There still are some rough spots around several holes but the fairways are looking much better.

Commented on 02/25/2019

Commented on 02/22/2019

Thanks carlster21 as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Eagle Dunes Golf Club.

Eustis, Florida
Grand Island, Florida
Apopka, Florida
Longwood, Florida

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.