Meadowbrook Farms Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Fairways GN-1 (Hybrid Bermudagrass)
Architect Greg Norman (1999) Tad Burnett

Golf School Academy Yes - "Meadowbrook Farms Golf Academy"

Dress code Collared shirts are required. No denim.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge

Entertaining Clients 9

Awesome course

Great, fun course, that is worth the play. Greens are some of the best I’ve played this summer, if you’re in the area, you should play.

Course is in excellent condition. Loved playing there.

Amazing Course

Course was just as enjoying on a normal weekend as it was when we played on July4th, with the summer heat already here in Texas they made sure to have cold water readily available, while still complying with guidelines pertaining to COVID I’m sure. Pace of play was right on and everything moved smooth as can be. I will be enjoying this course over and over again and will gladly recommend this course if headed to the Katy/Houston area!!

Overpriced

This course is a nice course but it’s way overpriced these people are way too proud of it who charges $75 for a teatime at 12o’clock when it’s 200° these people are ridiculous get a life

July 4th

Recently played this course with my father-in-law and brother-in-law. Despite it being July 4th the pace of play was excellent. Teeing off on #1 just set the stage for the entire round. Such a beautiful course with a beautiful scenery. The Gm was even riding around asking how everyone was doing and playing. The fairways were excellent and the greens well maintained. I will absolutely be referring my buddies to head out and play this course in beautiful Katy!!

Worst Customer Service I’ve ever experienced

I played this course in a tournament this past weekend. A few guys brought coolers knowing the temperature and that the water coolers had been removed due to the pandemic. While we were putting and waiting to tee off, the GM, started opening people’s coolers without asking who they belonged to or permission. This GM wasn’t wearing gloves or a mask. He went through touching multiple coolers in multiple carts. I find this absolutely inappropriate and dangerous!! He actually went so far as to remove someone’s cooler and told them they could get it back after the round. Ironically this same guy never once saw the cart girl the entire round. He actually was close to dehydration after his round. I actually left after 9 holes because I was so distraught by the whole situation and it ruined my day as well as my golf game! I will never go back and will do any and everything I can so that people think twice about patronizing such a establishment!

Commented on 07/16/2020

Should of got a 1 star based on your review. Thanks for saving me from wasting my time. I had a bunch of friends coming to town and was gonna book here. Not anymore. That GM would of got punched in the face going through my stuff without asking. I’m taking my business to Cinco then.

The course is getting better. The greens are fair, bunkers have been re-done (most of them), and the course all in all shape considering the devastation Houston has gotten is good. Management and staff haven’t changed. Still rude and unfriendly. Played on a Saturday for $100. A bit pricey but is what it is. Oh and make sure you bring your own drinks because you won’t know if they run a bev cart out there till it’s to late.
Also I’ve been a resident here for 17 years.

Carts

Do not provide individual carts for social distancing.

Horrible staff

I’ve played this course for years and was happy to see they were able to adapt to COVID-19 and allow golfers on. However, I did not expect to have the worst golf experience of my entire life. After checking in we were notified that there wouldn’t be any water on the course (makes sense with the pandemic), but after finding out there would be no cart girls, I wanted to use my cooler for some waters, beers and some snacks (Apples to be exact) since I had a diabetic with me. I guess they didn’t like that very much but only waited to tell us after getting to the starter box and being rude as if this was so disrespectful even though they are offering no amenities. Did I mention the bathrooms were even closed? The worst part is they made sure to follow me back to my car like a child to make sure I dropped everything from the cooler. Way to go guys with the whole six feet apart and not touching thing. You can’t offer guests anything as simple as water, were going to charge me $20 for a bag of ice and then never let me get on the course with it. Step it up and try not to harass ladies at their car, humiliate them and go through their bag next time.

Hole Remodel and Closures

I have been to this course about a month before today. There were some hole remodels going on during play. I understand that and it wasn’t that big of an issue. Today was a little worse as there were still upgrades going of but there we’re actually hole closures. You pay to play 18 but there were about three holes that were closed and others that you could not tee off from. There was actually a drop area for you to hit a second shot like being at a tournament. As hot as it was there was no cart attendant and you couldn’t get any refills of water or drinks and there no outside drinks allowed. That’s was little hard as golfers need to rehydrate at some point due to the heat. The course was I. Good shape and the layout was good. I just didn’t agree with paying full price as some holes
We’re actually closed. There should be some what to get golfers some drinks while playing.

Not worth $95 by a long shot.

Every once in a while, I decide to give this course a chance. The course has a nice layout; the carts have GPS. The fairways are nice. The rough is challenging. The greens are not good. They just aren’t and haven’t been in the last 5 years. It takes away from the experience. Very grainy. Often punched/sanded. Always have patches.

Rude people and way overpriced

The people working in the pro shop are some of the rudest people I have ever encountered at a golf course. Then they have nerve enough to charge 97 dollars when the course is under repair. All of the bunkers are unplayable and on the front 9 all of the par 4 tee boxes were closed and we had to hit our 2nd shot from a spot in the fairway. It wouldn't have been so bad if they would have told us the course conditions and discounted accordingly.

under repair

this is a very nice course but the sand traps are under repair and some new sod around the course and some tee box were not in use so it was a little difficult to pay the full price for repair conditions -- right now I would probably play at different courses

Not worth the price until holes reopened

We have played this course a number of times. Normally in very good condition, especially the greens. Today we paid 65 and then during the course of the round the marshal appeared and said that holes 3 and 5 were only available for putting. When we got to hole 9 we discovered that the tee boxes were closed and you were only permitted to hit a 130 yard approach shot. None of this was mentioned by the pro shop when they took our money. Very dissatisfied.

Nice course, friendly staff (especially the starter and marshalls). Bunkers are under repair.

Course under construction

Bunkers are all being redone.
3 temp holes. Putting only.
Lots of new sod to avoid.
Price is too high for a course under renovation.
Greens are best in the area so far.

Golf at its finest

The improvements being done are going to make all the patrons very happy. Though this layout is under some construction. It in excellent shape. Great day of golf.