TPC Harding Park Golf Club

Year Built 1925
Architect Willie Watson (1925) Sam Whiting (1925) Chris Gray (2003) Jack Fleming (1934)

Carts Yes - $25

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

• Golf Advisor: Ginella's Top 50 U.S. Courses You Can Play (2016 #25) (2015 #25)

Plays Long 13

Spectacular Day for Golf

My first time playing here and it was a great day! They are obviously prepping for the PGA and narrowing the fairways and the conditions were average at best but I had a fantastic time! The layout and the views were great, staff were friendly and the pace of play was excellent. I walked and was very happy to do so, very easy for anyone to do it.

We got bashed up

Wow...what a great track....the index is probably a bit low at 126.....if you hit every fairway probably....other than that we played off the Blues and had a great day...good luck with the PGA guys...awesome.

Terrible Service

Besides the “TPC” name this course has nothing going for it. Staff was rude. Course was not great, I am avid golfer and there many lower price courses that are better. This was for my buddy’s birthday golf outing. Started out with a rude club house associate. OK course but not worth the money. DO NOT PLAY HERE if you are expecting a true TPC caliber course.

Too expensive and not worth it

The rate is there already, higher than most other public course. This is okay. But, the pull cart costs $14, and e-cart costs $25. Way too much comparing to other courses. For dining, it is okay for the food is a little more expensive than most other restaurants, and tips of more than 18% are already put in the bill. But how come the tax is on top of that? Shall I pay tax for tipping? More ridiculously, they still ask you for tips (this time it is after tax) before you signature. Obviously they want to be double tipped. Greedy. Greedy. Greedy.

Aeration

The course (greens and fairway) was aerated few days ago. The wind also created lot of tree debris on the greens. Needless to say, I had much better conditions at Harding in the past. Today was an exception. I recommend waiting until early September to get your money’s worth.

Beautiful and excellent condition all around! This is definitely a must play!
It’s my favorite public golf course in the Bay Area! Compliments to course staff!

Worst TPC Course in America

It should come as a surprise that this course is in such terrible condition, they pump 90,000 rounds with little to know upkeep. It's groundskeepers are San Francisco Recreation Dept, and they literally could care less. All Greens are full of Ball Marks, not one or two, but dozens & dozens and NO ONE fixes their mark. All Fairways are full of Divots, NO ONE replaces their Divots, the setting is beautiful, but the Course is in TERRIBLE Shape! The "Sand" bunkers are like Concrete, I used my 8 iron to get out of a Greenside Bunker, it was better to chip than pretend it was a resting on SandNot My opinion, take a look at the pictures. When I went into the Pro Shop and said that we should be warned before paying Astronomical fees, how TERRIBLE the condition is.
It is shocking that this is a TPC Course, it is worse that they are trading off this moniker and charging outrageous prices.

Horrible customer service

The guy at the pro shop, think his name was Evan, was very rude. Won’t be coming back.

Good course

Very beautiful course, rough is tough, we played from blue tee and it’s difficult for me, green is slow today, overall it’s a very nice course and will play again if I have another chance to visit San Francisco!

Harding Park 6.19.19

Punched greens
Driving range closed
Tree manicure piles all over
Par 3 green destroyed by crows
Full price

Idaho Advisor

Straight foward course, interesting watching it transform for next years PGA Championship

TPC Harding Park was the third leg of my six round rodie to Pebble in advance of the US Open and the home of next year’s PGA Championship provided a solid test. They’ve begun narrowing the fairways for the Championship and it is still very clear where the old borders are compared to the new… it’s quite a difference. Still, my playing partners and I often wondered how certain holes were going to be toughened up for major golf competition. The “tips” only go 7169 74.3/129, that 129 slope is really eye catching (although, to be fair, it’ll probably be a bit longer next year).

I wanted to play Harding because of it being a major venue next year, but I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a good straightforward round of golf. It’s not cheap by any stretch, with a cart, yardage book, and a little swag I was set back over $300. It’s also worth noting that while riders are allowed on the course, they are not allowed to leave the cart at any time. This came as a surprise to my wife and I, but it worked out okay.

I didn’t play that far back and felt the blue tees at 6845/72.9/126 were rated just about right. I found the course to be very recoverable and didn’t think it really did a lot to overly punish wayward shots, something I view as a positive. My tee shot on 1 wound up on the 9th fairway (not impressive I know), but I was still able to play smart and only cost myself a single stroke. With a little luck I could have salvaged par.

There is not a ton of bunkering on the course, which offers a pretty straight forward golf experience. The fairways are a bit narrow now, but as they usually play seem very findable and I feel a good score is out there to be had by anyone going station to station hole after hole. I shot three over my handicap while adjusting to playing 2700 feet below my usual altitude (about a full club difference).

Harding was in terrific condition tee to green and I thought the routing was solid, especially the last 4 or 5 holes sharing opposite sides of lake Merced with the Olympic Club (another major venue). I really enjoyed the finishing hole (although I believe they are routing the course differently for the Championship and it will actually be #9 for that event) which was equal parts attractive and challenging.

Despite there being relatively few traps, I managed to find two of them and it was nice to play right and proper bunkers, they played exactly as they should. My experience in the pro-shop was a little brisk as there was a good line of people getting checked in even with our very early tee time (we were the third group out). However, I found the staff as friendly and helpful as time allowed.

The practice facility (range) is closed, perhaps for upgrades for the championship and if you want to hit balls you can, but it’s just into a net about 20 yards in front of you. The nets aren’t that high and my gap wedge was enough loft to send balls over. Given that I don’t imagine many people are at Harding to work on flighting their clubs, but rather are on the range to just get warmed up for their round, I think this is fine (I did find it a little ironic that I’d never had to play into a net before and this was the second time in three rounds it happened on this trip).

Overall, I enjoyed my experience at TPC Harding Park and would probably play again although it is a bit pricey for my budget and taste.

Greens roll true and overall course is in great shape. Sand is relatively thin but playable and can easily score on this course. My only recommendation would be to remove the entire practice range or to a different area because it takes away from part of the beauty of the course.

One of the best

This is a course you must play at least once. Among the many courses in the Bay Area, the layout and quality of this course are premium. The fare is high. So be careful when you book the T time.

Great round of golf

Harding Park is absolutely a great round of golf and a must play. I play there 2/3 times a year and it is always a marvelous experience. I walk my round which is an extra benefit. It is like a 4.5 hour walk in a beautiful park. Staff is great and the bar and restaurant is super.

My expectation was high

This course is for 2020 PGA championship open. The course is simple and easy. Layout is not fun. Not much management required. Hit far and straight. Green is slow. This course seems one of your neighborhood course or county course. GolfNow deal would be the best to play. Still pay for a cart of $25. Not worthy to pay almost $200 as a non resident. My GHIN is 14.9. But anyway honored to play at 2020 PGA championship course.

Very good experience

I've driven by TPC HP many times over the years but had never played the course. I very much enjoyed the experience. The course is playing tough at the moment as they are growing in fairways for play at the 2019 PGA Championship, which made for a fun experience. The course is such a great walk, greens and tees are all close to one another.

The layout is very good, amongst the best in the Bay Area. Challenging but fair and really beautiful with the Cypress Trees lining the fairways.

The staff was great when we interacted with them. We had such a nice morning and were lucky to be paired with two similar level golfers who played quick and kept good attitudes! I highly recommend a round here.

Cart Path Only??

I love Harding. The layout is awesome, the challenge varies depending on the weather or any upcoming tournaments, and the scenery is beautiful. But cartpath only golf is slower than just mandatory walking. Not a fan of cartpath only at all. If you're playing with a partner who's a bit up there in years, has a bad back, etc.. It makes the round pretty tedious.

Request A Vacation Quote From TPC
Please provide your information below and a staff member at TPC will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Daly City, California
South San Francisco, California
Pacifica, California

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.