Fairfax Golf Club

Scorecard for The Golf Club of Edmond
Gold M: 73.6/131 330 519 182 362 400 516 175 423 654 3561 212 395 376 412 148 345 435 169 521 3013 6574
Blue M: 70.6/126 325 488 160 305 374 451 160 400 608 3271 194 371 345 393 138 318 387 148 483 2777 6048
White M: 67.8/120 W: 70.2/123 272 445 134 270 344 431 155 380 533 2964 175 335 320 356 127 310 366 125 422 2536 5500
Red W: 69.6/120 241 356 107 226 294 379 125 314 472 2514 131 302 266 287 118 260 277 100 340 2081 4595

Year Built 1998
Fairways R419 Sport Tiff
Greens Bent

Dress code Shirts must be worn at all time.

Entertaining Clients 8

A gem

I agree with post from "millerdc."

Renamed Golf Club Of Edmond.

A perfect gem⛳️. Greens were perfect. I wish course was longer, but it is a gem. Perfectly clean carts.

New Name And Ownership

Had not played this course in several years. It is under new ownership and the course is now named The Golf Club of Edmond.

The new owners have made the course probably the best value in the area. Great fairways, greens and staff.

Too much money for rude staff

Way over priced, fairways are rock hard. Greens were OK but not anything to brag about. Staff was very rude and arrogant and did not like questions about pricing. Lincoln Park, Hefner and other local courses are better value.

Overpriced

Way overpriced for a course that wasn't challenging or very exciting. The unfriendly and impolite staff did not help their cause either. We've played many golf courses that are much cheaper and way more fun, like Hefner Lake and Lincoln Park to name a few.. Pick a place that you are allowed to bring your own beer. A 6-pack from the "beer cart girl" was $20.

Very Challenging & Enjoyable

This was my first time to play here. I loved it! The course is very challenging and well kept. I liked the layout of the entire course, it wasn't crammed together but instead laid out end to end with quite a bit of length to several holes. I think the only real complaint I might have might be that it doesn't come back to the club house until hole 18 but they make sure the refreshments cart comes around frequently so that makes it a very weak complaint.

All in all, enjoyable round of golf

A GEM

I have been golfing since my late teens and I'm 43 now, I have played a lot of courses around the city and I am amazed that I have never played here. The course was beautiful and well kept. I will definitely be playing this course again soon for revenge, lol.

Green and fairways were in really good shape!

Loved the corse. Challenging but fair. Greens were running at a good speed. The fairways were cut just right. The course is surrounded by really big homes with nicely manicured yards and landscape.

One of the best public layouts in Okc....

Played here many times, and I think it is the best value public course in the Okc area. Only thing lacking is a big clubhouse. Fun course with a bit of everything and the greens are rolling nice right now. Not just a wide open muni, will challenge you off the tee.

Very well taken care of

It is a very challenging course

Enjoyed it

In edmond to visit a friend and decided to get a round in.The course was fun and in good shape. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Pace of play was a bit slow. If I had the opportunity, I would definitely play it again.

I just played Fairfax this last weekend and it was a great course for the money. The course was in excellent shape and the staff was great. I will definitely being going back soon.

PA e

Great course. Some challenging joles. The only problem we had was a 6 some playing in front of us. Made it a 5 hour round. I fully believe a Marshall would have fixed this. Again, great course and I will most def. be back.

P. Miner

Amazing

This course has changed in the last few years it is lush and green. The greens are fast and smooth the fairways are plush t boxes perfect. Enjoy this course it is a steal.

Nice for the Price

Nice course surrounded by really nice houses.... front 9 is pretty tough with water and tight fairways, back 9 is a little short but fun and scenic...

I recommend not playing from white tees if your a decent golfer but other than that it was a very nice course with nice scenery and good customer service. ...

The Titanic of Edmond

I paid for myself and 2 friends to play on the 4th of April 2016. I purchased tickets through the Golf Now app. The course had recently been aerated. I played Hefner's south course the day after it was aerated the week before. This was explained when we arrived.

What was not explained was that the person who aerated the greens on the front nine left the sand several inches deep in places. Unlike the greens at Hefner, Fairfax were entirely unplayable. Many of the tee boxes were more hard packed sand than grass, the fairways were either mostly bone dry or sopping wet mud holes. It's like the the course maintenance crew were too lazy to actually water the course so they left the hoses out to drain in certain areas and never moved them. The course is in dreadful shape.

When we finished our game I went to the pro shop to talk to the pro on staff about the problems we had.

I asked if he'd played the course recently and he said no. I showed him some pictures of the greens to demonstrate what I was talking about. He pulled out the courses normal rate card and told me that the condition of the course is why they were charging so little per person to play. I felt ashamed at the lack of pride he exhibited for his employer. Mind you I got the Golf Now rate so if I'd walked in off the street I'd have been charged the full rate, and that I could have played a different course for more money and had a better time. He then gave me Mike Stewart's card (Fairfax's head golf pro) and said when I come in next Mike will give me a free cart rental to make up for it. This was insulting. I didn't ask for money, I came to speak with him that he needs to look into getting the course maintained. I visited Fairfax at a friend's recommendation that it was a great course. I found that it's no better than the well maligned Brookside golf course in south Moore, OK.

I don't expect to return regardless of free cart fees; both due to the course conditions, and the customer service. This was a terrible experience and I hope to have to never repeat it.

Edmond's Titanic

Gotta get back

I have to play this course again, staff was outstanding and the course layout is definitely to my liking. My friend JP took me with him and I will be paying for his next round as I truly enjoyed our round here. We even discussed getting in as many tourneys as we could out there this summer. Come play Fairfax you will not be disappointed.

What a gem

I am a geologist that just moved to the area and live not too far from the course. So I decided to stop in, and check it out (what a gem). Will definitely play over 30 or 40 rounds there this year as well as looking at getting a company tourney there. Took a couple friends of mine out we knew they had aerated their greens but Mike was beyond friendly and went out of his way to make sure all of us had a great time. The course layout is outstanding, good shot making will allow you to score well on this course. Not just a wide open course cut in a field, this course winds through a beautiful neighborhood with a challenging but fair layout. See ya again gents, sincerely JP and friends.

I always enjoy playing Fairfax in Edmond. The course is fun and challenging. Fairfax has also been very generous with their time and use of their course to the Edmond Public Schools golf programs. Be sure to visit and support this course!

Valid dates: Feb 11, 2019 - Mar 31, 2019