Coyote Springs Golf Club (previously known as Coyote Springs - The Chase Course) is located less than one hour from the Las Vegas Strip and just 45 minutes from Mesquite, Nevada. This Jack Nicklaus Signature Course is highly regarded as a must-play by Vegas golf aficionados. The course's stunning setting is sometimes referred to as "nature's cradle" since it's situated in a verdant valley completely surrounded by majestic mountains and peaks. While the scenery may be beautiful, don't let it distract you from the golf course's many challenges. Water and bunkers await you at almost every turn. One of the most memorable holes is the par-5 second, whose bunkers at the second landing area will force you to think carefully about how to approach the Augusta-like green. In addition to the golf course, Coyote Springs offers one of the largest practice facilities in the country. This 19-acre facility includes 13 target greens and a short game area for pitching, chipping, and bunker practice.

Coyote Springs Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2008) Chet Williams (2008)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

Beautifully tough

It's a beautiful course but plays too hard for the average golfer. The greens are particularly difficult. It plays longer than measured. I probably won't play it again unless I come with friends and get a super deal.

Divots

It is sad that golfers of every level don’t fix there divots on the greens or fairways !!! Your course is in beautiful condition and all it takes is a little effort for all golfers to be responsible !!

Loved the course

Great course. Hope to play it again when not cold and windy. Tough but playable greens.

Beautiful Course

Great course. It was in super condition. Pace of play was very slow....almost 6 hours for 18 holes. I understand that there were a lot of players, however, I feel that better and more timely pace management could have solved the slow play.

Thank you.

Worst golf experience

We drove an hour and a half from Las Vegas to the club. The carts are gas. Every time you let off the gas it backfires loudly. The exhaust smell was terrible. They were very loud. It took three hours to play the front nine. Although we teed off at 11:30 AM we were unable to finish 18 holes. Would never go back there again.

Remote but nice

This was a challenging, but very welcoming course. It was off the beaten track, but a wonderful surprise in the desert. The course itself is very well taken care of, but the pace of play was terrible.If I’m down in Mesquite or Vegas again I would play here.

Excellent

Course is fantastic. Well worth the hour drive from the strip. Greens are fast and soft. Fairways were in great shape. Plenty of sand in the traps. Helpful, friendly staff.

picturesque, but a bit unfair

First, the course itself. is GORGEOUS. The conditions were perfect. Interesting layout, friendly staff.

Negatives; no real clubhouse, a trailer, the pin placements on lightning fast greens were simply unfair (8 foot from the edge, placed on peaks where stopping the ball without being in hole is not possible).

All in all an enjoyable experience even if I shot 20 over my normal score and 4 putt on several.holes.

It's an hour north of Vegas in the middle of nowhere.

Buddies Trip visit. Course was one of the best conditioned I've played. Greens were outstanding. Several outstanding holes, truly a great experience.

Very friendly staff, both inside and out. Will definitely be back.

Beautiful course in the desert.

What a cool golf course in the middle of nowhere. Jack Nic. built and is well worth the short trip from Vegas. Starts out kind of easy and gets harder from there. The undulating fairways where tough to get use to. Never a flat lie. Great greens in perfect shape. Just hit twice the break you expect. The nicest driving range I have ever seen. I play 120+ rounds a year. 10-12 handicap. Go play it and enjoy the amazing space your in!!

pristine. Fairways speedy greens

I found that all conditions of the golf course was pristine. The only issue I have with the golf course was no yardage markers to get your distance. The greens were super fast and roll true, but you have to always be below the flag when approaching. Without yard is markers it’s a nightmare because how fast the greens are. I am in advanced golfer, and I found it very Difficult to score on this course considering I could not figure out the yardage to his shots. Being a nine handicap, that reason alone at a 20 strokes to my score. It is very crucial that you’re able to figure out the yardage to the greens. Placement is crucial. The fairways were pristine, but at no point do you ever have a level lie and hitting a shot. For that reason overall only gave it four stars.

A desert oasis in the middle of nowhere Nevada.

Today was my first time playing this Niklaus designed course and it quite different than other layouts I have played designed by Golf's distinguished icon. I found this track to be more forgiving, more enjoyable, and set in breathtaking views of the Nevada mountain ranges about an hour outside of Vegas. This is an absolute must play for any serious golfer. The practice facilities are just awesome. The only thing I would suggest is electric carts with a good GPS system. That was the only drawback to not knowing the layout. I have T Mobile service and I could not get a signal to bring up an app either. Great time, and value for the money.

Great Views even better greens

I have played Bethpage, Kiawah Ocean course and some other really nice golf courses. This is the best course I have played so far. The amenities weren’t much to brag about but the course made up for it.

Desert golf at it best

We started at noon so shouldn’t complain about the heat but it was HOT! Not an easy course at all but fair and fun. Well groomed, greens are tough but nice

15-20 handicappers

The course was in great condition. Fairways and greens well kept. Rough was a penalty but still playable. Bunkers nice and soft. Three of us played from the tips and one first timer played from the front tees. We all had a great round and will be back again soon.

amazing

I am a 3 handicap and I just happened to stumble across this course while planning a trip to Las Vegas and am I glad I did what an amazing track. It is perfectly kept fairways all in great shape as well as the greens which were fair and rolled true but they can really get you if you are in the wrong spot. I could go on and on about this place but the best review I can give is that I will definitely be back again!!! Thanks to the staff the ground crew and to Jack for putting this jewel together.

Friendly off the tee, fiendly on the approach

If you can hit the ball decently you will get off the tee just fine. Deep bunkers, topsy turvy greens, some not at all deep will give you fits on approaches, then if the wind blows.... oh baby! Fun course, worth playing for sure.

Course layout

Fantastic course worth playing. Only drawback is the location.

Valid dates: Sep 01, 2020 - Feb 28, 2021