Kilmarlic Golf Club

Scorecard for Kilmarlic
Tournament M: 72.2/144 395 169 374 478 163 525 445 309 545 3403 358 151 495 158 308 385 565 213 514 3147 6550
Black M: 71.1/142 385 165 329 450 155 490 405 301 525 3205 344 148 490 150 295 372 532 190 510 3031 6236
Gold M: 69.9/134 376 145 324 443 140 485 380 279 512 3084 330 137 467 141 288 362 525 181 486 2917 6001
White M: 67.9/124 370 125 304 418 118 443 356 242 482 2858 272 106 446 121 273 317 507 135 446 2623 5481
Red W: 69.2/122 294 101 250 413 103 371 328 192 419 2471 246 80 334 100 254 288 419 115 369 2205 4676

Year Built 2002
Architect Tom Steele (2002)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf School Academy Yes - "Kilmarlic Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Major credit cards accepted
Dress code Shorts are allowed (No cut-offs). Shirts with collars are mandatory. No jeans, no denim. No tank-tops or sleeveless tee shirts

Great course, terrible amenities

Beautiful course, terrible amenities. No water on the course in 90 degree/100% humidity...without telling us in the clubhouse before we teed off. No food available, told us the kitchen was closed when we tried to order at the turn. No drink cart. Paid almost $100 to get heat stroke in the Outer Banks. Go to another course that cares if you play there

Perfect Golf Experience

All the details with this course made it for a perfect weekend in the OBX.

The staff was friendly, courteous, and kind. Did not hesitate to assist in making this one of the best golfing experiences of my life.

The amenities were world class and being less than a 100 yards from the clubhouse, practice facility, and 1st tee created a "one of a kind" experience.

The food and drinks exceeded my expectations and always had someone at the bar or riding around in the beverage cart making sure we were not hungry or thirsty. Pro tip: The Kilmarlic lemonade was a perfect mid round treat.

Thank you to the Kilmarlic family!

Worth the trip from the island

We arrived 10 minutes before our time but all the staff were welcoming and friendly. My father and I played and they had tees that made it enjoyable for both of our skill levels. Greens were in immaculate shape but fairways and tees had been aerrated recently but it didn’t take away from our enjoyment of the round. We played in 3 and a half hours. It isn’t a bang your driver course and the starter will remind you of that but if you are ok with that it’s a fun layout that can challenge everyone regardless of skill level... oh btw they had some tunes playing on the range which I wish we could’ve gotten there earlier and enjoyed! Must play for an OBX golfer!

Was On Top.

Played this course twice the week of Memorial Day for the last 6 years. Was always our favorite course. Must of had a harsh winter because the conditions were less than they have been in the past. Feel that Nags Head was a little bit better this year condition wise.

Still my favorite courses to play when in OBX.

GREAT COURSE AND FRIENDLY STAFF

Played this course while in OBX this week. Definitely worth the drive from Corolla.

The staff is friendly and accommodating, getting our foursome in even though tee times were filled. And it didn't affect pace of play as they sent us off the back nine first. Course conditions were nice even though it was a little wet in some spots from the storm the day before. The Currituck Club which is closer is nice too but Kilmarlic is less money and in better condition right now. Can't wait to get back to Kilmarlic.

One of the best courses I've played

Kilmarlic was certainly one of the best golf experiences I've had in a while. The pro shop employees were very friendly and were very accommodating to changing our tee time. The practice area was in great shape and even had music playing while you were warming up. The course was phenomenal. It was a great challenge that forced you to hit driver on some holes, while others made you think about what to hit off the tee. The greens were quick, but rolled very true. Make sure you get the Kilmarlic Dog at the turn, delicious!

Must play

80 degrees in February is hard to beat and when you spend part of your day on a course like this it just doesn't get much better. Even though the Bermuda is dormant you still get great lies and the greens are in great shape. I will return here many more times and I recommend it for anyone who enjoys the game.

Gonna be a go to in the area

Played this for the first time this year, family vacations always in the OBX and have played all the ones on the beach but had not tried any before coming across the bridge. It was well worth the extra few minutes of driving and probably my favorite course in the area. Excellent course conditions, a little short if you are a long hitter (all par 5s are reachable in 2 with decent drives) but I wasn't complaining as well as I scored on the back 9. Caught a little rain at 8,9, and 10 but the course drained exceptionally and you couldn't even tell it had rained within 20 minutes. Pace was great, at 9:30 on a Thursday only a few other groups out.

Would play here again!

Enjoyed the challenge at Kilmarlic. There are some really interesting holes at this course, set on the sound nearing the Outer Banks. We traveled back to the mainland to play and we were not disappointed. The course was in great shape, the staff was friendly and helpful, and I would recommend playing this course if you are in the area.

Interesting Design

Course was in excellent condition. The staff was friendly but in a forced and robotic way. Good practice facilities. The layout was a little too Mickey Mouse for me but land constraints likely contributed to said design flaws. It was strange to play a par-3 that was longer than one of the par-4's. There is no course on the OBX that is worth a $100+ green fee (including The Currituck Club) and Kilmarlic is no exception. But, overall, Kilmarlic is a fun-albeit tight-course.

Course knowledge is a welcome necessity!

4 couples played here after a day at Currituck on the OBX. It was an enjoyable round but take note of three things - 1st, choose your tees carefully and don't just go by the yardage - 2nd, know that quite a few holes are cart path only (curbs prevent you from getting to the fairway to get your ball) - and 3rd, be aware that some of the sight lines on the holes can mess with your mind. You almost have to play it more than once to get a feel for where to place shots. The greens are fairly undulating but were in great shape and putted true. I would definitely play here again although it was a little pricey.

Nice golf experience on the Outer Banks

This is an excellent, though expensive, choice for golf on the Outer Banks. The driving range and practice green are adequate though not particularly large. The practice green was slower than the course greens on the day we played. The starter placed us as the third group out, starting on the back 9. We did not have to wait when we came around to the first hole for our second 9. This is a course that one could benefit from knowledge. The sight lines and knowing which holes have trouble on the back of the hole is critical. There are some very simple holes here (#1 and #10 are good chances for birdies) but then some ridiculously long par 4s on the front nine (Driver followed by 3 wood to green, Driver followed by 4 hybrid to sand trap. The course generally plays narrower than it appears because the scrub off the fairway, though not tall, is thick and muddy on the day we played. I did like that from a strategic standpoint, the golf course usually gives the player a preferred side of the fairway and also a side of the green to miss. For the daring player, there are also some tempting looks that are not usually advisable (first par 5 on the back nine, #11, over the swamp to the green suckered me into an 8 instead of an attempt at birdie or an easy par by laying up short and to the left. Ditto on #18 for a 7) It took me about 9 holes to figure this out, but I lowered my score by 8 shots on the back 9 by playing smarter. The wind was deceptive and not easily discernible from the ground, particularly on the par 3s, so pay attention to the tall trees before hitting The greens were slow, but in good shape. The bunkers have relatively soft sand, so the ball can plug in the walls. I played from the black tees and felt very challenged (11 index). My partner ( index 24) played from the white tees and had one of his most enjoyable rounds ever. Choose your tee box carefully.

Powells Point, North Carolina