Scorecard for Chapel Hill
Blue M: 70.1/122 410 431 435 225 302 365 351 171 480 3170 135 345 353 235 354 280 322 703 216 2943 6113
White M: 68.0/117 386 416 413 202 277 349 344 161 470 3018 135 335 343 228 327 268 317 562 193 2708 5726
Red W: 71.0/122 376 402 401 190 255 339 333 145 403 2844 116 324 336 220 307 253 299 482 178 2515 5359

Year Built 1920
Fairways Rye
Greens Bent

This course is a lot of fun but it is very long. One if pat 5’s is over 600 yards. Overall a very good course.

Great time.

Played a couple's game, best ball. Had a great time.
Good challenging course.

Great Hotdogs!

When you let golfers on your course with gym shorts and tee shirts you know the course is a cow pasture. I only played it because of my friends . Pace of play due to to many 2 sums was horrible, courses should team up 2 sums as 4 sums to speed up play. Only nice thing I will add is there greens are in very good shape. Some holes have giant trees by the greens making it difficult to pitch into the greens. Best hot dog though I ever had at golf course. Worth the price!

Nice course for the price

Gotta play this course.it a challenge with all the trees.fair way is a must to hit or you are in tree city.fun course

Commented On 06/14/2019

Hi u1171690! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Illinois Advisor

Decent shape for early in the year

Read my reviews from 2015 and 2014 for more comments. Chapel Hill is a 1920 old schooler that's a real nice alternative to play - a course that has enough hills and dales to interest you. The starting stretch of 3 long par 4's and a long par 3 get your attention right away. But then less difficulty until you get to the finishers. Some very small green pads...many with significant slope especially on the back nine. They cut down quite a few trees that were dead but still have a ways to go. The original clubhouse was finally condemned and burnt down - they operate out of "shack" but it has a decent grill and beer....just wish they'd update the restroom facillities.....but all in all the operation workable and this course always has had a really nice vibe to it - at least for me. I'm a value player that appreciates old school design and it's just as fun to play this course as it is to play Stonewall Orchard and pay $100 for my day. We had a nice well paced early season round and all in all was maintained better than my last play in 2017. A solid old school 3 star - $30 value at most all times.

Commented On 06/14/2019

Hello HOTSPOTTS. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented On 06/14/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Chapel Hill Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Greens were poorly kept. Every green had a gouge from the blades. We arrived at 7:30 to be told we need to be done by 10:30 because they have a tournament, so after booking/paying full price to be told we need to hurry was kinda irritating. Why even take bookings if you have an event going and tell people you're gonna cut them short?The foursome in front of us was playing incredibly slow. 2 holes in an hour slow and when we picked up our balls to pass them they started yelling at us even though we were going around and they never once came close to catching up. Not a fan on how all the holes are stacked on top of each other. People are constantly constantly coming fromn 3-5 holes over because they had a bad shot. It's so hilly that you will almost never see your ball land. I understand these of difficulties of the course, and I'm not counting that against the course itself, just not my playstyle. Hate making a good drive over a hill. Expecting the ball to be in the fairway to only find out that someone else is playing your ball thinking its theirs... second time playing this course and I still hate it.

Fun course

The course is fun and challenging. A lot of trees to contend with but the course layout is nice. Only thing is some of the greens need to be repaired in areas. Other than that the course is very nice.

Crush in it

Fanratic, great value first time there and we will be returning

Cheap

It's a challenging course.the greens are pretty run down.not a well kept place

Below average

Course was in rough shape already for being only May. Course wasn’t blown off for debris and leaves, grass hasn’t been cut. Just poorly taken care

Very nice course. The 2 par 5 holes are very long and challenging. Overall the course is great and a lot of fun

Disappointed

Course was run down. Walked up to what I thought would be a club house to discover a condemmed building. Looked to the right of it to discover another structure that was to be the club house. Staff was nice but the carts were very dirty and the key was on a block of make shift wood? Staff informed me that golf vision had sold the place to the city of Johnsburg and that it would be changes in the future. The course was beat up but playable and not enough markers to guide yourself to next hole etc. I played but was disappointed throughout the day with the shape of course. I would return if reassured improvments would be made. Hopefully new owners make a commitment to this as it has potential.

Chapel Hill Review

This was the first time I played this course. The hilly nature of some of the holes made it challenging as the green could not be seen from the fairway approach. The pace on the front 9 was rather slow but it picked up on the back 9. We did finish the round in 4 1/2 hours. There was no drinking water available or any beverage cart so be prepared to have water with you.

needs a lot of work not very well groomed will not return

The rain has part of the curse closed bud there was a 2 some that took 2 and 1/2 to play 9 holes which slowed everyone done

A good neighborhood course. Lots of hills and trees, very little water. Grass a little thin and ground a little hard but in good shape otherwise.

Volo, Illinois