Chisel Creek Golf Club

2.2
2.4

The popularity of Chisel Creek Golf Club in Landenberg can be partly attributed to the fact that it's easily accessible from Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. The natural features of the terrain were incorporated as much as possible, resulting in a layout that is more challenging than the scorecard would lead you to believe. It's seemingly short at just over 6,200 yards but you can expect a variety of elevation changes. The rough can be punishing and there are also numerous strategically placed bunkers as well as a meandering creek that comes into play throughout. Chisel Creek Golf Club's 14th is an especially tough hole that plays uphill and requires navigating your tee shot down a narrow chute. You'll be faced with a few blind shots and a few water holes, including one with an island green.
Scorecard for Chisel Creek Golf Club
Black M: 69.8/133 324 315 159 381 428 336 510 205 430 3088 503 134 376 317 178 454 145 425 523 3055 6143
White M: 66.5/125 315 287 140 356 385 307 477 192 408 2867 486 123 366 315 161 404 131 412 515 2913 5780
Gold M: 63.6/108 283 263 129 338 312 286 457 133 386 2587 385 116 321 294 148 381 116 334 464 2559 5146
Red W: 66.0/112 265 235 105 261 256 241 375 125 330 2193 375 101 318 235 129 351 86 275 437 2307 4500

Year Built 2000
Fairways Blue
Greens Bent

Dress code Proper golf attire is required for the golf course and practice facilities. No jeans or t-shirts.

Junior Golfers 10
9-Hole Rounds 8

Weird in a few ways

A strange round in a few ways. My intention was to play the black tees because the course is only 6200yds from there. I get to the first tee and can't find the black tee markers. I ask the starter where they are and he says they removed them for the rest of the year to save on mowing and moved the whites back halfway between the white and black. I look at where the black tees usually are and the grass is mowed. OK so, maybe on "some of the holes" they didn't mow? I kept track of where they placed the white tees and I'd estimate it was probably 200 yards shorter than black instead of the normal 450-500 yards. But not once did I see a tee area that wasn't mowed to save $. Holes 2, 3 and 4 all play directly into the morning sun. On #10 I hit into the greenside bunker and there's no rake. I go to the other bunker and none in there either. There wasn't a single rake in any bunker on any hole or on the cart. Are they supposed to play as waste areas? I don't know, but the card says to rake sand traps. So after the round I asked the guy at the counter about the rakes and he says they took them all to repair them. ALL of them??? Just a weird round overall. Played well, but it was weird.

Still a fun and challenging course

This course isn’t in great shape. But it’s still good enough to enjoy, I think. And if you find a great deal, it’s totally worth it. Some challenging holes hidden in there, but mostly an easy layout.

Tough Course

The course is located in a beautiful area of Landenberg PA. It's well laid out and picturesque. Now the reason for my 3 stars, first there is no club house to speak off. They have a pro shop with basically nothing you can get tees and balls but that's basically it. The course condition was questionable the fairways were horrible on most of the holes. The greens on some looked like sand traps. All and all I had a good day tough course but will play again.

Going down hill, but can’t beat the price

This was probably my 4th time playing chisel creek. They whole course was burnt up from the recent heat, most greens were dying and bumpy, but almost all of the tee boxes were in good shape. This was the worst shape I’ve seen it, but it was fine cause I only paid 9$ through GolfNow. Would not be work playing for more than 12$. This course also has a good layout with some easy holes and challenging holes

much improved

Course conditions came a long way in a month. No issue with tees, fairways or greens. Much improved, i'll return but not on a Friday as Rt 95 north bound was a parking lot.

Disappointed

I read the mixed reviews of Chisel Creek prior to booking a round, but I always like to give the course the benefit of the doubt, so I went ahead with booking.

I’ve played quite a few courses over the last few years, and unfortunately, CC was among the worst I’ve ever played. Weeds in the fairways, poor bunker conditions, bumpy and in some cases dead grass greens.

The layout of the course would be enjoyable and probably was when the course was in better condition.

I was hoping CC could be a moderately priced gem of a course that I could add to my regular rotation of courses for the summer.

On a positive note, the staff was friendly and helpful and that counts for a lot. Upon arrival I was greeted and informed of layout of course.

I was told the course is for sale and I hope that someone sees the property and layout for the gem it could be and decides to put the money &’effort into restoring it.

A Hidden Gem

This course is on its last legs, and it is a shame. While the course is short, it is a terrific layout with some very interesting holes, particularly the par threes. The course is for sale, and is not being well maintained. Hopefully a new owner will be willing to invest money to restore the course.

Golf Digest says Wild Dunes Resort is among the "Best in State" for golf in South Carolina. Enjoy 36 holes of signature golf courses designed by Tom Fazio. The Links Course, takes the golfing experience to a new level with the rustling palms lining lush, rolling fairways to a finishing hole overlooking the glistening Atlantic Ocean. Bordered by the Intracoastal Waterway, the Harbor course will test all aspects of your golf game.

Long grass.

I’ve played this course plenty of times but I guess because of all the rain, the grass was so long it was hard to find your ball unless it was in the fairway.i will say I was very impressed with the staff. I misplaced my wallet and they did not give up trying to help me find it. Someone had found it it the parking lot, took the cash and threw my wallet out on Appleton Road. On a hunch from one of the staff, they checked Appleton Road and found my wallet. Again I say Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Response from Chisel Creek Golf Club on 05/29/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Chisel Creek Golf Club in the Landenberg, Pennsylvania area, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a good value for your round and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Wow

Nice layout BUT, it was in bad shape not a $40 course

Response from Chisel Creek Golf Club on 05/15/2018:
Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Chisel Creek Golf Club, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

I'm gonna need a longer drive

Got thru the first 3 holes just fine, then all heck broke loose on the 4th tee. Partner put drive into the woods on the right, seeing this i yanked my drive left almost but not quite carrying the water. we did this 3 more times, and it got worst as the round proceeded.But enough about me back to the course, It seems the place is on it;s last legs, hope I am wrong but one only has to gander at the traps to see something is in the air. On some of the longer par 4's and 5's it was hard to zero in off the tee because it was difficult to recognize where the fairways were. That being said I do think playing here helped my game and I intend to return soon,. after I go purchase another 2 dozen golf balls.

Response from Chisel Creek Golf Club on 05/09/2018:
Hello Mike, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Chisel Creek Golf Club, in the Pennsylvania area. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018