Type Private
Woodlands Country Club East

Year Built 1969
Architect Bruce Devlin (1969) Robert von Hagge (1969)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Playing Multiple Courses 13

Course on the Mend

Played the west course at Woodlands. Tee boxes have started to grow grass and become playable again. Greens were in good shape, rolling a little slow (About 9) but true. Fairways have some bald spots and are the weak link in the course. I played in the afternoon and pace of play was unstopped. Finished in 2 hours as a solo.

Sunday round at an OK course

First time playing this course as I’m from Boston. Staff was very friendly and nice guys. We got stuck behind 2 very slow groups which caused frustrations and overall the course wasn’t that nice. The tee boxes were in good condition but all of the ball washing tools at each tee box were in very poor condition. No towels soap and sometimes even water. The greens were like putting on glass and extremely fast. You’d have bette luck playing on a frozen pond. The fairways were in good condition but if I were to come back in the are, I wouldn’t play here again. Not a bad course, but not a really good one either.

Woodlands

Hard to find parking lot in the dark for early tee off. Once there no one to direct you unless you have been before. Once you tee off everything was great. Coming from front 9 to back very little signage. All in all a good course

Great Day!

We played this coarse last year with the same friends from Canada and they asked to go back.
We enjoyed our day, no slow downs ,good condition, staff very nice . Will go back soon.

East course

Good track for all levels. 4 of us playing 3 different tees.: ladies, seniors, regular men’s tees, god challenge for all.
Greens were tricky some fast some slower, good layout, worth playing. Course was a bit wet because of all the rain recently. Would play it again

Pleasant experience

We were met in parking lot by nice staff member who took our clubs. Check in was quick and easy with friendly bilingual staff. Nice driving range and putting area. Busy course. Pace of play was good. Greens a little slow. Layout challenging but fair. Not many lost balls.

Ran out of riding carts. Yes, you read that correctly

This would have been my 2nd time playing at Woodlands however, they ran out of golf carts. I’ve never heard of this before. EVER. not toe mention they had quite a few tee times listed on golf now around that time.

The first time I played there. Pace was on the slow side but they had a tournament going on their West Course so I chalked it up to that (minus the 2-some they sent out in front of us on #10). The layout of great so my buddy wanted to give them another try. We were advised they were out of carts and it would be a 25 minute wait even though there was at least 50 people standing around waiting for carts. Someone at the pro-shop said, “you’d wait that long at a restaurant.” However, I worked 13 years in the restaurant business and someone who waits for a table when they had a reservation would get at least a free round of drinks or deserts. Nothing was offered for this.

We ended up leaving and playing a course nearby that had openings. Honestly, I would not recommend to a friend and will probably never play at Woodlands again. Hopefully I can at least get my convenience fee reimbursed from Golf Now. Not GN fault but the course dropped the ball big time on this.

Mixed Feelings

Overall, this course wasn’t bad. They had a tournament on their West Course so the East was packed. Pace was slow but picked up after the first par 3. At the turn, a 2-some was sent out ahead of us. Maybe they were members? Club house says they weren’t aware of 2 starting in #10 but no one came out to confront the pair. Either way, it slowed us down. Layout was nice. Challenging but forgiving on some holes. I would play again (in the spring/ summer hoping conditions are better) and I would recommend to a friend but warn them of the ocean ahead of time.

Currently In Terrible Shape

Definitely do not play if it's rained recently. The fairways are practically lakes on certain holes. The greens are in terrible shape, and the tee boxes are only slightly better. Spend your money elsewhere until they get the course back in shape.

Woodlands East

Course used to be excellent but it has been left with poor maintenance by Club Link. The greens wee OK but the tee boxes were a mess and the Sand? traps were awful...mostly mud

Pretty good for the weather that week.

Played this course last year as well. The course is in better condition now, and it rained all week here.
Pace was slow, but expected I guess for holiday week.
Greens putted very well, and held well too.
Reception and starter were not well trained, but shop staff were good, and clubhouse lady was exceptional.
Will probably play here again next time in town.

A Busy Sunday

Arrived on location, it was pretty busy and somewhat chaotic. I was by myself, so the starter informed me that if I played from Hole #1, I would be there all day. So he suggested that I jump to #10 and fall in. I got rather lucky and met up with a threesome that allowed me to tag along. Great bunch of guys!!!
When I reached #18, I could tell that the golfers were still arriving in droves, so I visited with the starter, who agreed to get me back on, but would take some finagling. I elected to forfeit the other 9.
Great course, greens were in great shape, the fairways had some wet spots, but overall a great layout.

No mojo anymore

Course vibe is tired, lonely let go .
Greens are lumpy beat-up and definitely not a priority.
Tee boxes are left to be almost same length as rough.
The country club clubhouse is being reclaimed by the earth. This course has totally lost its mojo, and it feels a little sad.

Course was very wet and not in good shape

Pace of play was excellent. We played the round as a twosome in 3.5 hours. However the course was very wet in many areas apparently due to over watering. Overall the course was decent, but I have seen it in better shape many times.

Great Value

Pace of play was great. Course was over watered. Friendly staff, always a good experience playing there.

Less watered and thicker fairways would help

Good layout with challenging approaches. It was too bad that the fairway grass was sparse and they were over watering. Hopefully the conditions will improve.

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.