Two stunning courses are the centerpiece at this full-facility luxury resort, which was one of Muskoka's earliest resorts, open in 1896. The Deerhurst Highlands championship course is from architects Robert Cupp and Thomas McBroom. Carved from the rugged hills and dense forest, it presents the golfer with challenges of all types.

Deerhurst Resort - Highlands Golf Course

Year Built 1990
Golf Season May 4th - Oct 21st
Architect Thomas McBroom (1990) Bob Cupp (1990)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf School Academy Yes - "Deerhurst Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Canada (2016 #4)

Breathtaking

Views were amazing and conditions were fantastic!!

group of friends

I have had the pleasure of playing Deerhurst Highlands on many occasions and I always find it to be a great deal of fun with lots of variety and lets one use all of the clubs.
I like the change of lay-out with a few holes being in a links style. It is still one of my favourite courses. Greens and fairways in really good conditions. I highly recommended it
The staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming.

Had higher expectations.

I regularly spend $80 -$100 per round, and would expect a "resort" charging $155 would be an even better golf experience. It wasn't. Almost like they decided to stop taking care of the grass once summer holidays were over. Thin fairways, bunkers hard as a rock with very little sand. Driving range all dirt and no yardages.

GTA courses at 100 bucks a round have all been way better than this. I would go back as it played well and was a challenge but value isn't there.

Scenic spectacular

Links style and very good challenge
Played while the fall colours were at their best.
Starter was super friendly and informative
No complaints

Nice course - not worth the inflated price

This is my 5th time playing the Highlands course. We are cottagers from the area. We take our friends to this course because we like the layout, views and terrain challenges. However I was a bit disappointed the last time we played.

The greens are in terrible shape. I have played all over Muskoka this summer and these greens are the worst.

The power carts are ridiculous. Considering the amount per round paid your carts should be upgraded at least every five years. The carts here are diesel and used and abused. Maybe some electric carts could be used to be more environmentally friendly.

Lastly, and this is just my personal observation. On the first and last holes the "flag" is the Canadian flag. Nice, very patriotic. However, I can't believe that it is thrown on the ground and probably walked on numerous times a day. If you are going to have the Canadian flag on the course, at least have some sort of stand to put it on so it's not on the ground.

The people there are great, facilities are nice and they have a nice selection of women's golf wear. We will certainly go back but it would be nice to have new carts.

Excellent course

The course is spectacular in scenery and layout. You could literally take pictures at tee box.
The course is challenging but also has large fairways that are forgiving for a slightly errand hit.
The course was in immaculate shape and was a pleasure to tee off, chip or putt.
The restaurant was cozy and the food was excellent.
We did the twilight deal with the meal and it was well worth the value.
The staff at the pro shop, restaurant and strayer were friendly and professional. They made us feel at ease and made the experience even more enjoyable.

Best in Class!

While Muskoka boasts some of the best championship courses in the country, Deerhurst Highlands is a 'wedge' above the rest. The course was in wonderful shape, the scenery spectacular, and because I had a 3pm tee time on a Thursday, the course was mine. I have golfed the great courses of Mt. Tremblant this summer, as well as Grandview, and The Rock. They were all spectacular, but The Highlands is special. Put it on your list. You won't be disappointed.

Course was in great shape

We will be back in the near future. Thanks.

Love it!

Played twilight - 4:00 PM Great deal $100.00 and was pleasantly surprised by getting a free shirt!.

Staff very friendly. Course was in great shape and I love the layout! Greens were rolling very true and have some crazy breaks on them, my only complaint was there were several pin positions that were completely unfair. I forget the hole number but, the pin was on the front on a hill that if your approach was short it would roll back down into a little collection area and if you didn't hit it well above the hole it would roll right back down, if you were above the hole you had to hit the hole and sink it or it was off the front into the collection area, it was impossible..We tried several times from above the hole to get the ball to stay on the green and couldn't, it's not right when you stick your approach ten feet and you take bogey while hitting a good putt.

All in all great evening, love the course even though we all played like garbage. Will play again next year!

Muskoka's Grandpa still excites

After all these years this excellent design still gets me excited to return to Huntsville. The day was very hot and the course was dry yet the greens were receptive. A huge thanks to Aaron in the proshop for moving up our tee time that extra 20 minutes as we avoided the torrential rain...just. Drinks are pricey, the view on the the first tee is still one of Ontario's best and the pace of play was very good. All in all my wife and I had a great time and we await for our chance to return in the fall. HIGHLY recommended.

Everything I hoped it would be.

Lots of fantastic elevations with great vistas. Very playable. The links style holes were so different from the wooded magoriery of holes. Felt like we were getting the best of both worlds. If it's your first time playing be sure to use the yardage books. Can't wait to play it again.

Up North from the City

Amazing golf experience. Picturesque views.
Challenging golf holes with elevation changes and blind tee shots

Poor weather

A retreat for world leaders, you and me

I've been lucky on many of my travels with the weather but not during my round on the Highlands course at Deerhurst Resort in fall, 2012. It came down so heavy I could only play about nine holes before being forced back into the comfy clubhouse for lunch. I did get a tour of the back nine later to see just why the Highlands was Muskoka's original star in the early 1990s. Just the cart ride revealed spectacular ridges in unspoiled country. Steamers in the clubhouse transforms into fine dining at night. Turns out, not even a rainout can ruin a day at Deerhurst, the host of the G8 Economic Summit for world leaders in 2010.

The views were great.

As with this time of year it was wet, but I still enjoyed my round. I wish something could be done about all the Canada geese as they were every where with that they leave there droppings every where also. Other than that it was great & I would recommend playing Deerhurst to anyone.

Awesome course a muskoka gem

This is a fantastic muskoka gem , pick your tee blocks carefully to enjoy this fantastic course

Still one of the best

This is the course that started the 'big" Muskoka courses and to my mind its still one of the best. The 3 Links stlye holes ( 4, 5 , 6) are unique to Deerhurst in the north. Play it - you'll love it. Might be a little bit tougher than some of the newer Musloka courses as when it was built they didn't give you a lot of bail out room like they give you on the newer courses.

Gotta play this track

Easily one of the best puplic tracks ive ever played> The views were awesome>Highly recommend

The twilight rates were great value

Our booking was paid 100% on the credit card. would have preferred to have foursome pay individually at the course, but I can live with this.

Best Course in Muskoka

Having played all the courses in Muskoka, Highlands is still my favorite.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020