Two stunning courses are the centerpiece at this full-facility luxury resort, which was one of Muskoka's earliest resorts, open in 1896. The Deerhurst Highlands championship course is from architects Robert Cupp and Thomas McBroom. Carved from the rugged hills and dense forest, it presents the golfer with challenges of all types.

Deerhurst Resort - Highlands Golf Course
Copper 72 6277 yards 70.0 129
Green (W) 72 5543 yards 72.9 131
Scorecard for Highlands
Gold M: 73.9/142 374 465 201 319 601 417 490 231 402 3500 484 450 212 355 523 411 375 195 553 3558 7058
Blue M: 71.3/134 351 438 177 299 571 390 464 200 378 3268 447 425 187 340 471 367 344 167 523 3271 6539
Copper M: 70.0/129 351 407 177 299 561 357 464 175 358 3149 386 399 167 340 458 367 344 167 500 3128 6277
White M: 68.7/126 W: 75.0/138 331 407 152 272 561 324 449 131 358 2985 386 399 167 317 458 337 322 141 500 3027 6012
Green M: 66.5/117 W: 72.9/131 331 317 152 272 414 324 449 131 298 2688 374 372 137 317 418 337 322 141 437 2855 5543
Red M: 64.0/108 W: 68.4/122 290 256 123 249 414 292 429 126 298 2477 237 283 137 300 418 314 272 115 374 2450 4927

Year Built 1990
Golf Season May 4th - Oct 21st
Architect Thomas McBroom (1990) Bob Cupp (1990)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf School Academy Yes - "Deerhurst Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Canada (2016 #4)

Had higher expectations.

I regularly spend $80 -$100 per round, and would expect a "resort" charging $155 would be an even better golf experience. It wasn't. Almost like they decided to stop taking care of the grass once summer holidays were over. Thin fairways, bunkers hard as a rock with very little sand. Driving range all dirt and no yardages.

GTA courses at 100 bucks a round have all been way better than this. I would go back as it played well and was a challenge but value isn't there.

Scenic spectacular

Links style and very good challenge
Played while the fall colours were at their best.
Starter was super friendly and informative
No complaints

Nice course - not worth the inflated price

This is my 5th time playing the Highlands course. We are cottagers from the area. We take our friends to this course because we like the layout, views and terrain challenges. However I was a bit disappointed the last time we played.

The greens are in terrible shape. I have played all over Muskoka this summer and these greens are the worst.

The power carts are ridiculous. Considering the amount per round paid your carts should be upgraded at least every five years. The carts here are diesel and used and abused. Maybe some electric carts could be used to be more environmentally friendly.

Lastly, and this is just my personal observation. On the first and last holes the "flag" is the Canadian flag. Nice, very patriotic. However, I can't believe that it is thrown on the ground and probably walked on numerous times a day. If you are going to have the Canadian flag on the course, at least have some sort of stand to put it on so it's not on the ground.

The people there are great, facilities are nice and they have a nice selection of women's golf wear. We will certainly go back but it would be nice to have new carts.

Excellent course

The course is spectacular in scenery and layout. You could literally take pictures at tee box.
The course is challenging but also has large fairways that are forgiving for a slightly errand hit.
The course was in immaculate shape and was a pleasure to tee off, chip or putt.
The restaurant was cozy and the food was excellent.
We did the twilight deal with the meal and it was well worth the value.
The staff at the pro shop, restaurant and strayer were friendly and professional. They made us feel at ease and made the experience even more enjoyable.

Best in Class!

While Muskoka boasts some of the best championship courses in the country, Deerhurst Highlands is a 'wedge' above the rest. The course was in wonderful shape, the scenery spectacular, and because I had a 3pm tee time on a Thursday, the course was mine. I have golfed the great courses of Mt. Tremblant this summer, as well as Grandview, and The Rock. They were all spectacular, but The Highlands is special. Put it on your list. You won't be disappointed.

Course was in great shape

We will be back in the near future. Thanks.

Love it!

Played twilight - 4:00 PM Great deal $100.00 and was pleasantly surprised by getting a free shirt!.

Staff very friendly. Course was in great shape and I love the layout! Greens were rolling very true and have some crazy breaks on them, my only complaint was there were several pin positions that were completely unfair. I forget the hole number but, the pin was on the front on a hill that if your approach was short it would roll back down into a little collection area and if you didn't hit it well above the hole it would roll right back down, if you were above the hole you had to hit the hole and sink it or it was off the front into the collection area, it was impossible..We tried several times from above the hole to get the ball to stay on the green and couldn't, it's not right when you stick your approach ten feet and you take bogey while hitting a good putt.

All in all great evening, love the course even though we all played like garbage. Will play again next year!

Muskoka's Grandpa still excites

After all these years this excellent design still gets me excited to return to Huntsville. The day was very hot and the course was dry yet the greens were receptive. A huge thanks to Aaron in the proshop for moving up our tee time that extra 20 minutes as we avoided the torrential rain...just. Drinks are pricey, the view on the the first tee is still one of Ontario's best and the pace of play was very good. All in all my wife and I had a great time and we await for our chance to return in the fall. HIGHLY recommended.

Everything I hoped it would be.

Lots of fantastic elevations with great vistas. Very playable. The links style holes were so different from the wooded magoriery of holes. Felt like we were getting the best of both worlds. If it's your first time playing be sure to use the yardage books. Can't wait to play it again.

Up North from the City

Amazing golf experience. Picturesque views.
Challenging golf holes with elevation changes and blind tee shots

Poor weather

A retreat for world leaders, you and me

I've been lucky on many of my travels with the weather but not during my round on the Highlands course at Deerhurst Resort in fall, 2012. It came down so heavy I could only play about nine holes before being forced back into the comfy clubhouse for lunch. I did get a tour of the back nine later to see just why the Highlands was Muskoka's original star in the early 1990s. Just the cart ride revealed spectacular ridges in unspoiled country. Steamers in the clubhouse transforms into fine dining at night. Turns out, not even a rainout can ruin a day at Deerhurst, the host of the G8 Economic Summit for world leaders in 2010.

The views were great.

As with this time of year it was wet, but I still enjoyed my round. I wish something could be done about all the Canada geese as they were every where with that they leave there droppings every where also. Other than that it was great & I would recommend playing Deerhurst to anyone.

Awesome course a muskoka gem

This is a fantastic muskoka gem , pick your tee blocks carefully to enjoy this fantastic course

Still one of the best

This is the course that started the 'big" Muskoka courses and to my mind its still one of the best. The 3 Links stlye holes ( 4, 5 , 6) are unique to Deerhurst in the north. Play it - you'll love it. Might be a little bit tougher than some of the newer Musloka courses as when it was built they didn't give you a lot of bail out room like they give you on the newer courses.

Gotta play this track

Easily one of the best puplic tracks ive ever played> The views were awesome>Highly recommend

The twilight rates were great value

Our booking was paid 100% on the credit card. would have preferred to have foursome pay individually at the course, but I can live with this.

Best Course in Muskoka

Having played all the courses in Muskoka, Highlands is still my favorite.

You will love this course

What an enjoyable day. You will not be disappointed if you select this course to play on. The course is challenging especially built for the long hitter.

Beautiful course, was in excellent condition despite the rain. Gorgeous track, well worthy of its reviews. Would play again in a heartbeat.

Huntsville, Ontario
Bracebridge, Ontario
Windermere, Ontario
Beaumaris, Ontario

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC