StoneCrest Golf Course

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge

Plays Long 10

Beautiful course

This is a beautiful course. Great condition, fantastic views. Many elevation changes, but no blind shots. It is worth the drive to play. I live 4 hours away, but fortunately have family that lives 30 minutes from course, so I will be going back in the future. DON'T MISS THIS COURSE!

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at StoneCrest Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Anonymous
Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello, we are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at StoneCrest Golf Course.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing StoneCrest Golf Course.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing StoneCrest Golf Course!

Very nice course, but

Last played here two years ago. Possibly because of Vivid 19 the course seems to have went downhill since then. Sand traps,
no sand, unplayable. Fairways long, no roll.
Cart path only, even though it wasn't wet.Greens were fast and smoothie. Not sure it was worth the 200 mile round trip this time.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello, we would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at StoneCrest Golf Course!

StoneCrest Labor Day Weekend

All in all, great course. I enjoy getting to play this course when I’m visiting my hometown. We had a 9:50 tee time. We were sent out just a few minutes late. We ended up waiting on every tee for the round. At times we had to wait on two groups. I enjoyed hanging out with three buddies so we had plenty of time to catch up while waiting. Still, maybe considering spreading out the tee times from 10 minutes to maybe 12 or 15 minutes.
It had rained two days prior to our round. The course was still a bit wet and soggy. I didn’t expect much run out in the fairways earlier in the round but once it reached 85 degrees and balls were still plugging in the fairway and not running, I thought that was a bit excessive. The bunkers were rock solid on the sides and filled with a couple inches of water in the bottom. The fairways weren’t exactly what I’d call short grass. They looked like they were somewhere between a fairway and a first cut of rough. There was crabgrass to deal with on some fairways. One tee box (#17) had no grass at all.
Beautiful course with awesome views of the surrounding area. We saw 6 deer while playing. As our group was waiting to hit approach shots on 9, there were 4 deer coming across #1 fairway toward us. That was cool to see.
Very friendly staff. The starter chatted with us for several minutes as we checked in and waited to be sent out. Nice putting green to warm up on. Maybe I should have spent more time there as I putted awful during the round. I’d run a putt by 10 feet on one hole and then overcompensate on the next and would end up leaving it 8 feet short.
The course is challenging but fun. I’d like to see some TLC on a couple tee boxes, some attention given to the bunkers and the crabgrass but overall it’s worth the drive and money to play. I’ll be back the next time my buddies and I decide to visit our hometown.

Commented on 09/29/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 4-star experience with us, Derek7883862. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Always fun at Stonecrest

I’m from out of town and enjoy this course whenever I’m in southeast KY. I don’t think I have ever played here in the heat of the summer. Consequently, I was a little surprised at some burned up areas. It was not terrible or anything - it has just been superlush the other times I have played here - in fall, spring, and especially winter. So I’m not worried, it’ll be lush again as soon as this heat breaks. GREAT LAYOUT !!! Great staff!! Always worth the trip!!!

Commented on 08/26/2020

Hello, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (606) 886-1006. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 07/27/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you for visiting us at StoneCrest Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

One of my favs

Course was in great shape. First time I've played this course that it wasn't cart path only! Always enjoy the fabulous scenery from top of the mountain. Very good layout, lots of variety. Bunkers were out of play and not sure if due to COVID or just too expensive to keep up. Only part of the course that wasn't in good shape for a daily fee course.

Not happy

Booked Stonecrest golf course for 9:50 am on 7/3.20.

Called ccourse on 7/2/20 to confirm.

Was told that they were having a scramble on 7/3/20 and could not get on the course until at least 3 pm.

Was told that GolfNow knew this.

Wasn’t happy but not as upset as arriving the next Day andbeing told my tee time was not available.

Called support at golf now for a refund. Could not reach a human being.

Have called the credit card company and disputed the charges.

Will NEVER, EVER BOOK THRU GOLF NOW AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for nothing

Commented on 09/14/2020

Great layout but

This course is sometimes the best and sometimes not.
Great layout.
Greens were very good.
Fairways are a little high because of recent rainy days but were in great condition.
Not a single bunker on the course was playable.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. StoneCrest Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course.

Commented on 06/04/2020

Hi, We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at StoneCrest Golf Course!

Commented on 06/04/2020

Its so nice to get outside again.

The course was well kept, the weather was great, the only thing wrong with my round was me! Everyone was friendly
and the landscape was outstanding with very nice scenery. Lord willing we'll be back soon. Thanks for giving us a few hours of break from the Coronavirus, God bless
and that's what we all need,
Barry Westcott

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi, We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at StoneCrest Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 05/11/2020

Commented on 03/19/2020

Commented on 09/14/2020

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at StoneCrest Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Prestonsburg, Kentucky
Public/Resort
Allen, Kentucky
Paintsville, Kentucky
Pikeville, Kentucky

Valid dates: Oct 01, 2019 - Sep 30, 2020
Stay and Play in trendy La Quinta California and play some of the best desert golf courses. View available packages and customize your free quote with Palm Springs Golf Vacation.
Partner Offers