StoneCrest Golf Course

StoneCrest Golf Course
Scorecard for StoneCrest
Black M: 73.3/129 409 570 412 402 140 417 551 208 439 3548 433 197 510 470 512 420 349 200 372 3463 7011
Blue M: 70.8/124 379 542 363 364 128 379 525 169 423 3272 407 154 484 452 480 384 329 184 329 3203 6475
White M: 68.6/120 346 501 342 347 116 355 496 148 375 3026 372 128 449 427 462 358 297 168 294 2955 5981
Red W: 69.6/117 311 415 315 292 86 315 439 118 289 2580 338 114 417 335 385 318 282 134 234 2557 5137

Year Built 2001
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent

Practice Hole Yes

Plays Long 10

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 11/01/2018:
Hello ref9178, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at StoneCrest Golf Course. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Absolute best course

Fairways were great. Greens rolling fast and true. Great day of golf

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 10/25/2018:
Hello Zemogross, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent experience. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Courtesy Says A Lot

The day was beautiful and the views are always awesome. The course was wet so it was cart path only which is understandable. We were only a twosome, and we got detained behind a foursome on the 6th hole. The foursome wasted so much time before making shots and moving so slow getting back to their carts that it was very frustrating and our patience was wore out, so we skipped the 15th hole and went and teed off on 16.

Courtesy has lost its place in some folks such as this foursome of older men who you would expect to know better, so how do we expect our kids to do any better. I love Stonecrest and the staff are very cordial to us all, if they need to penalize myself and my friend for passing to get ahead of this foursome, then I'm understanding of that, I just hope Courtesy can once again be a part of the Great Game of Golf.

Barry Westcott

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 10/10/2018:
Hello Zaneytimes, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we are sorry you had to skip a hole because of the pace of play. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Great course as always

Fairway was rough in some areas but, overall in good shape. Tee boxes had crab grass unusual for this course there usually on great shape

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 08/29/2018:
Hello Zemogross, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you had an enjoyable golf experience and we appreciate your feedback on the conditions of the tee boxes and fairways. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Neither rain, nor snow, but something else stopped me!

I hit my 3rd shot on the 2nd hole and was not only dumb enough to do a short chip and putt, but tried to tee off on hole #3. I watched my 2 friends play the last 16 holes. Sciatic Nerve difficulty stopped my game, but the views of trees, mountains, houses, and sky are worth your money, and my 18 hole score was the lowest I ever achieved to this day. Hope to be back out,

not sure when, but Lord willing I have plenty of

un-sub par rounds to look forward to. The staff are courteous, friendly, nice and enjoyable, so you need to get out and play StoneCrest..........me too!

God Bless, Barry

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 08/08/2018:
Hello Zaneytimes, thank you for the five-star review. We are sorry that could couldn't finish your round but we are glad you enjoyed our scenery and found our staff friendly. Thank you for visiting StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Near perfect shape

Course is almost perfect. Greens are spot on and the fairways are lush and carpet like. I never have a bad experience here. Hope the bunkers get fixed. This is the only thing keeping this from being championship caliber.

New carts this yr too. It just keeps getting better here. If you can play this course for under $45 you are getting a steal!

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 07/10/2018:
Hello Chris4373630, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and affordable rates. We also appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our bunkers. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Course is always in top shape. Bunkers were tuff after monsoon rains, I know the staff will be on top of this. Still a great course

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 07/10/2018:
Hello Zemogross, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and we appreciate your feedback on our bunkers. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Haven’t played this course in a couple of years, still a good challenge and fun course to play, need some tender loving care in the bunkers to get them back in shape. Love the views from some of the holes, shows that some reclaimed land can be very useful for the community.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 07/06/2018:
Hello runnergolf, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had a great golf experience. Thank you for the great review and we hope to see you at StoneCrest Golf Course again soon!

Fantastic course

Even in the rain this course is the best in a 100 mike radius.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 06/27/2018:
Hello Zemogross, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Value course

We arrived early and was permitted to go out early. Course is in excellent condition. Starter was helpful and friendly only negative thing to say was condition and lack of sand in the bunkers

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 06/19/2018:
Hello Midnight0982, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and found our staff friendly. We also appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our bunkers. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Great as always

This courses standards are above other courses goals. Always in top shape. Staff are excellent to help you with anything. Wish I lived closer

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 06/13/2018:
Hello Zemogross, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

No carts in fairway

The fairways on this course are excellent however the greens were somewhat pock marked. The only thing really bad are the bunkers and they are horrible terrible sand full of huge rocks . I didn’t think the fairways were that wet however they would not let the carts off the cart path so it required a lot of walking which at 60 years old I know longer look forward to however in my 20s are regularly walked courses like this as much as 36 holes a day .

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 06/01/2018:
Hello Gregb2458, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and we appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens and bunkers and on the cart path on cart rule. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

worth the drive

I lived in the Eastern Kentucky area a few years ago and always made a point to play Stonecrest multiple times a year. Now living 2 1/2 hours a way, I still make the trip at least once a year to play this course and it is well worth the drive. By far the nicest course in the eastern KY region including both layout and maintenance.The only area that needs work are the bunkers. With that being said, they are playable and in better shape than most public courses. Tees, fairways and greens always seem to be in great condition . The course layout offers some unique golf holes and requires you to play all the clubs in the bag. The rates you can get in the afternoon and on golf now are a great. Anything under $30 is an absolute bargain.I recommend this course to anyone who is in the area and look forward to hopefully playing again in the fall.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 05/31/2018:
Hello plzfixurballmarks77, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and affordable rates. We also appreciate your feedback on our bunkers. Thank you for driving a far distance to play our course and we hope to see you again soon!

Course is in great shap

Beautiful course. Excellent warm up areas. Lots of green grass. Course is always in great shape. The dont keep bunkers as well as they should, but other then that id pick this course over most in Ky. Def the best in East Ky. If you can play here for under $30 its a steal!

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 05/21/2018:
Hello Chris4373630, thank you for the five-star review and for the kind words. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and our affordable rates. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg and we hope to see you again soon!

Finally...what a day.

Love this course. So many different angles, shot selections, choices to make, greens to read

Shot an 83 today and my best score ever here and have been playing 2 1/2 years.

Can’t wait to come back. Challenging course for any level.

Numerous elevation changes for Par 3’s, 4’s, and 5’s.

Wide and narrow fairways.

Don’t expect to just come and slay this course but the views alone are worth the price.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 05/14/2018:
Hello RCP2, thank you for the five-star review. Thank you for the kind words and we are glad you shot your best score! Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg and we hope to see you again soon!

Thank God for Good Cigars!

My usual high scoring game wasn't with me on this trip, I scored even higher, but I had a wonderful Padron Cigar, so who's worried about some silly scorecard? This was the second time in a row the fairways were extremely nice, and I would have enjoyed using them,,,,,oh well, I had my cigar! The views and staff were better than up to par as usual and that makes this course well worth the money, so get your cigars and come on out!

Barry

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 05/07/2018:
Hello Zaneytimes, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg and we hope to see you again soon!

In great shape except for bunkers, still a must play

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 05/07/2018:
Hello Jeff3292850, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback on our bunkers. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 05/08/2018:
Hello Zemogross, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at StoneCrest Golf Course. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Prestonsburg!

Great course but bunkers

Great course but the bunkers are full of rocks no sand at all.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 04/30/2018:
Hello Chris2423827, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our bunkers. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course in Prestonsburg and we hope to see you again soon!

The fairways were more than fair.

Actually, the fairways were nicer than I've ever seen then, cut low, they held the ball up well and yet there was not any problem with mown grass getting all over the ball and such, very nice! I shot my best round at StoneCrest ever, and the Good Lord blessed me to keep from going into shock. Play was slow at times, but there was a scramble and just a lot of folks out playing and enjoying the day. There are always times the views from different holes just make you stop, look and thank the Lord for what you are fortunate enough to see of his handiwork at StoneCrest. I'll shut up now!

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 04/25/2018:
Hello Zaneytimes, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had your best round at StoneCrest Golf Course! We also appreciate your feedback on the pace of play. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!
Prestonsburg, Kentucky