Scorecard for StoneCrest
Black M: 73.3/129 409 570 412 402 140 417 551 208 439 3548 433 197 510 470 512 420 349 200 372 3463 7011
Blue M: 70.8/124 379 542 363 364 128 379 525 169 423 3272 407 154 484 452 480 384 329 184 329 3203 6475
White M: 68.6/120 346 501 342 347 116 355 496 148 375 3026 372 128 449 427 462 358 297 168 294 2955 5981
Red W: 69.6/117 311 415 315 292 86 315 439 118 289 2580 338 114 417 335 385 318 282 134 234 2557 5137

Year Built 2001
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent

Practice Hole Yes

Plays Long 10

Fantastic

First time playing this course and it is beautiful. And you can’t beat the price. Will absolutely play again when I’m in town.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing StoneCrest Golf Course.

Best scenic view

The course was in amazing shape. The greens were fast and challenging. The views were breathtaking on top of the mountain!

Commented On 05/21/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Managing pace of play

This is a high volume course. I’ve played it many times. Today there was a college tournament, along with paying patrons. There are no course marshalls. We had a 4some cut in front of a slower twosome at the turn on 10... it could have been prevented. MANAGE THE COURSE!

Commented On 04/08/2019

Hello, we are extremely sorry to hear that the pace of play was not up to your standards. Your feedback is very important to us and we will be taking this and passing it along to our staff members. We hope that you will come back soon.

First round of the year

Overall the course is in good shape for this time of year. Bunkers were in bad shape. A few of them could be considered a hazard. But overall had a good time. Made a few birdies so that always helps. Will be back.

Commented On 04/02/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you found our course in good shape for the most part. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented On 04/02/2019

Wow - Thank you for the four star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

In great shape for this time of year

Played today course was in great shape. A few more pars would have been great. Lol. Course is always in top condition

Commented On 04/01/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon, and maybe next time we can get some of the pars!

Commented On 06/20/2019

We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Commented On 05/21/2019

Hello, Mark. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Tough but gorgeous course

Amazing course spanning the crest of a mountain ridge apparently set on top of an old strip mine. Pain in the butt to travel there and it is in the middle of no where but it was worth the drive. Course was drenched when we went after a monsoon the day prior but still great condition considering. Can’t wait to see it in its peak. Warning to amateurs: this is a tough course - bring extra balls and consider the shorter tees. We had two with us that don't get out much and it was almost funny watching them attempt this course from the blues.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. StoneCrest Golf Course thanks you!

Commented On 04/15/2019

Hello, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Commented On 03/18/2019

Hi, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad that you had a good time at StoneCrest Golf Course the other day. We'll see you again soon.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 11/01/2018:
Hello ref9178, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at StoneCrest Golf Course. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Absolute best course

Fairways were great. Greens rolling fast and true. Great day of golf

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 10/25/2018:
Hello Zemogross, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent experience. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Courtesy Says A Lot

The day was beautiful and the views are always awesome. The course was wet so it was cart path only which is understandable. We were only a twosome, and we got detained behind a foursome on the 6th hole. The foursome wasted so much time before making shots and moving so slow getting back to their carts that it was very frustrating and our patience was wore out, so we skipped the 15th hole and went and teed off on 16.
Courtesy has lost its place in some folks such as this foursome of older men who you would expect to know better, so how do we expect our kids to do any better. I love Stonecrest and the staff are very cordial to us all, if they need to penalize myself and my friend for passing to get ahead of this foursome, then I'm understanding of that, I just hope Courtesy can once again be a part of the Great Game of Golf.
Barry Westcott

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 10/10/2018:
Hello Zaneytimes, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we are sorry you had to skip a hole because of the pace of play. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Favorite course in the area- Please keep the price affordable!

A really beautiful course. The fairway grass is amazing, and the greens are well-kept. I wouldn't say its a course for beginners, it has some very challenging holes. The views are beautiful and I didn't feel like I was going to be carried of by mosquitoes like many local courses.

The staff was professional. the carts have gps, and the course was in good shape. The only gripe is that it so good, everyone wants to play here, resulting in slow play.

Hopefully the new 2019 rules will help with pace as well.

I'm an hour and a half away, but I will be playing as much as possible there this summer.

Great course as always

Fairway was rough in some areas but, overall in good shape. Tee boxes had crab grass unusual for this course there usually on great shape

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 08/29/2018:
Hello Zemogross, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you had an enjoyable golf experience and we appreciate your feedback on the conditions of the tee boxes and fairways. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Neither rain, nor snow, but something else stopped me!

I hit my 3rd shot on the 2nd hole and was not only dumb enough to do a short chip and putt, but tried to tee off on hole #3. I watched my 2 friends play the last 16 holes. Sciatic Nerve difficulty stopped my game, but the views of trees, mountains, houses, and sky are worth your money, and my 18 hole score was the lowest I ever achieved to this day. Hope to be back out,
not sure when, but Lord willing I have plenty of
un-sub par rounds to look forward to. The staff are courteous, friendly, nice and enjoyable, so you need to get out and play StoneCrest..........me too!
God Bless, Barry

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 08/08/2018:
Hello Zaneytimes, thank you for the five-star review. We are sorry that could couldn't finish your round but we are glad you enjoyed our scenery and found our staff friendly. Thank you for visiting StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Near perfect shape

Course is almost perfect. Greens are spot on and the fairways are lush and carpet like. I never have a bad experience here. Hope the bunkers get fixed. This is the only thing keeping this from being championship caliber.
New carts this yr too. It just keeps getting better here. If you can play this course for under $45 you are getting a steal!

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 07/10/2018:
Hello Chris4373630, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and affordable rates. We also appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our bunkers. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Course is always in top shape. Bunkers were tuff after monsoon rains, I know the staff will be on top of this. Still a great course

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 07/10/2018:
Hello Zemogross, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and we appreciate your feedback on our bunkers. Thank you for playing StoneCrest Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Haven’t played this course in a couple of years, still a good challenge and fun course to play, need some tender loving care in the bunkers to get them back in shape. Love the views from some of the holes, shows that some reclaimed land can be very useful for the community.

Response from StoneCrest Golf Course on 07/06/2018:
Hello runnergolf, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had a great golf experience. Thank you for the great review and we hope to see you at StoneCrest Golf Course again soon!
Prestonsburg, Kentucky
Paintsville, Kentucky
Pikeville, Kentucky

Valid dates: Jul 11, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Stay and play our course, awarded Four Star “Best Places to Play” and Top 50 Service Facility by Golf Digest.