StoneCrest Golf Course

Greens Bent

Practice Hole Yes

Plays Long 10

Great Course!

Course was in awesome shape, especially for this time of year! Very challenging layout, but fun and enjoyable. We enjoyed it so much that we are planning to make the 1.5 hour trip more often just to play!

Commented on 11/12/2019

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back StoneCrest Golf Course!

Awesome course!

Very nice course that challenges your game! Tee boxes, fairways, and greens were in excellent condition on this day. Staff were very friendly.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Hi, your feedback is extremely important to us!. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing StoneCrest Golf Course.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Hello, thank you for your 5-star rating of us! Please book another round with us again soon at StoneCrest Golf Course! We look forward to having you back!

great course

We stopped to play this course on our way to Gatlinburg. It was a great course and the staff were very friendly and welcomed us. I would highly recommend this course.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hi, thank you for sharing your 5-star experience with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. We hope you get the chance to join us at the course again soon! Thanks for choosing StoneCrest Golf Course.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thank you for visiting us at StoneCrest Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Hello, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at StoneCrest Golf Course!

Labor Day Weekend

This course is about 20 miles from my hometown. I was visiting family for the holiday weekend and got a great deal on GolfNow. The course was wide open due to the fact that UK was playing their first game of the football season. I hadn’t played it in a decade. Overall, I really enjoyed the course.

To start, the gentleman in the clubhouse could not have been any friendlier. Super nice guy. My three buddies and I hit the range to warm up. The range isn’t anything special but it serves its purpose and let’s you warm up before your round.

As for the course, there were some burnt out spots throughout the course but it’s summer in Kentucky so that’s to be expected. The bunkers could use some work. Luckily I avoided all of them on Saturday.

The views are great and anyone visiting that didn’t grow up there would probably appreciate them even more than I did since I spent my first 18 years in the area and take them for granted. Living in the northern KY suburbs of Cincinnati, I play on rolling hills but nothing compared to Stonecrest.

There’s reachable par 5s and that’s coming from someone that doesn’t hit many long balls. I went driver and 6 iron and landed in the fringe of one of the par 5s.

All in all, it’s a great track to play. I enjoyed it so much that I found out two other buddies were visiting for the holiday weekend and we decided to play Sunday. So, I got 36 in over the weekend. Tee to green the course plays fair. My downfall was pulling the flat stick out of the bag. Holes 1-16 were lightning fast and then 17 & 18, I couldn’t seem to hit the putts hard enough.

Overall, great track with unbelievable views and changes in elevation. GPS on the cart was great and the yardages were spot on with my iPhone’s 18 Birdies app. Club selection and course management are a must with the elevation changes. I was going down a couple clubs compared to what I would normally hit.

I’ll be back to okay it again during my next visit to my hometown.

Fantastic

First time playing this course and it is beautiful. And you can’t beat the price. Will absolutely play again when I’m in town.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing StoneCrest Golf Course.

Best scenic view

The course was in amazing shape. The greens were fast and challenging. The views were breathtaking on top of the mountain!

Commented on 05/21/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Managing pace of play

This is a high volume course. I’ve played it many times. Today there was a college tournament, along with paying patrons. There are no course marshalls. We had a 4some cut in front of a slower twosome at the turn on 10... it could have been prevented. MANAGE THE COURSE!

Commented on 04/08/2019

Hello, we are extremely sorry to hear that the pace of play was not up to your standards. Your feedback is very important to us and we will be taking this and passing it along to our staff members. We hope that you will come back soon.

First round of the year

Overall the course is in good shape for this time of year. Bunkers were in bad shape. A few of them could be considered a hazard. But overall had a good time. Made a few birdies so that always helps. Will be back.

Commented on 04/02/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you found our course in good shape for the most part. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 04/02/2019

Wow - Thank you for the four star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

In great shape for this time of year

Played today course was in great shape. A few more pars would have been great. Lol. Course is always in top condition

Commented on 04/01/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon, and maybe next time we can get some of the pars!

Commented on 11/05/2019

Hello, Gurt. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at StoneCrest Golf Course!

Great course for the first week of October it was in great condition. Very friendly and courteous staff

Commented on 10/14/2019

Hi, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing StoneCrest Golf Course.

Great place to enjoy a wonderful round of Golf. People are GREAT THAT WORK THERE AS WELL!! Highly recommended

Commented on 06/20/2019

We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Commented on 05/21/2019

Hello, Mark. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Tough but gorgeous course

Amazing course spanning the crest of a mountain ridge apparently set on top of an old strip mine. Pain in the butt to travel there and it is in the middle of no where but it was worth the drive. Course was drenched when we went after a monsoon the day prior but still great condition considering. Can’t wait to see it in its peak. Warning to amateurs: this is a tough course - bring extra balls and consider the shorter tees. We had two with us that don't get out much and it was almost funny watching them attempt this course from the blues.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. StoneCrest Golf Course thanks you!

Prestonsburg, Kentucky