Woodlake Golf Club

1.6512000000 1.7 stars from 5 (43)

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Carts: Yes - included in green fee
GPS: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire is required. Collared Shirts required. No cutoff Jeans or tank tops allowed
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Off-Course Amenities: No ratings so far
Course Layout: No ratings so far

"Course is in really bad condition"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/26/2013

Greens aren't kept and watered. Location is behind an abandoned building. Has no paved parking lot and club house is a trailer. There was no sight of a permanent club house building. Course had a lot of weeds, sant traps were unkept, fairways were mowed but that's the only thing that was mowed. I'm not returning to this course.

"Shouldn't be open"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/13/2013

Course isn't maintained, lost many balls in tall grass. Greens are like playing on concrete. Two greens were on fairway.

"Course is in Chapter 11"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2013

The course manager was amazingly helpful and friendly and explained that the golf course was in chapter 11. The course is in unplayable shape however. Entire course is rough and greens are unputtable.

"Sad place"

Ghumphrey7321's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/6/2013

The course has filed bankruptcy. It has not seen water in months due to no funding. I wish I would have known this before I booked the tee time through golfnow.

"Worst condition course in Texas"

Frank4702950's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/6/2013

Worst condition course in all of Texas!! Maybe the worst in all the U.S., at any cost never ever play this unbelievable bad condition course. Horrible. They should plow this under and build condo's on it!!!! Golf Now needs to remove from directory!

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY HERE"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 7/4/2013

First of all when b you drive up the old club house is boarded up you have to drive around to the back where there is a trailer house that makes for the club house. The guy there is extremely friendly and let's is know that the course is I'm poor condition and that they have had issues keeping up with the course since it is in IBANKRUPTCY. ....the carts are in poor condition we had to ball and change one out by the 7th hole. You have to keep the balk in olay if not the 2foot high rough eats your ball and will never find ok t again.3 of the greens are make shift and are relocated from original location due to poor conditons of greens... the list goes on and on... Do NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THIS COURSE!!

"Great layout, not well maintained"

andrewcer2002's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 6/14/2013

You can tell the course was once beautiful. Now it looks like a shell of itself. Its layout is great, but it is not maintained at all. The greens are terrible.

"course was in very bad shape"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 6/2/2013

The greens were terrible, the fairways weren't cut I took my buddy who just started golfing and he wasn't impressed either I'm disappointed that this was my first tee time booking from this app and I played a horrible course I've played there before and it was no where near this bad we left after 14 holes. Putting was just ridiculous I will never play there again.

"Awe full!"

goldrunner72's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 6/1/2013

This course was nothing more than a cow pasture! In fact, they should get some goats to put on it! At least that way you could find your ball. Lost 4 balls! All in the fairways!

"WORST COURSE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD"

xumuskies10's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2013

This course is emabarrassing. The owner alerted us that they were going through chapter eleven bankruptcy, but this is just pathetic. Nothing is watered, the greens are not greens, they are meerly sand beaches with dirt surrounding it. If you hit a perfect drive, good luck finding it, because the ground is so hard there is no telling where it is. If you hit a perfect chip on the green it will bounce another 20 yards. This course is the worst course I have ever seen in my life. Absolutely pathetic, they should close it and sell it to a cattle rancher. No one should ever have to play here, it is frankly torturous. They should charge .50 cents to play there, because that is all it is worth. The course is just embarrassing.

"This course needs a lot of work."

jthompson3's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 5/11/2013

The greens at Woodlake are in very bad shape. The ones that have grass are not smooth at all. Most of our putts were knocked off line due to severe bumps and ridges all over. The others were mostly sand. The fairways are ok, but not great. The course needs renovating in every area.

"Bang for the buck"

asmisek's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 5/03/2013

Unless you're a pro golfer, the quality of the course ultimately has no effect on your game. A great course for beginning golfers, wide fairways and fairly easy greens. The course needs work, but I definitely will play this course again because of the price. I would not play the course if it was more than 15$.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Greens couldn't be worse"

ourhino73's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 4/29/2013

Not sure what's going on around here but I've played free courses that are in better shape than this one. We ended up having a rule that you couldn't have more than 3 putts because the greens were so rugged and sandy. Overall....Friendly staff, but horrible course.

"needs upkeep"

abrazo13's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 4/25/2013

Course layout is good. Golf Club is closed now operation is<br/> only golf course. Course is playable, Greens need work,<br/> fairways are not cut weekly. Was a great course when<br/> Club was very active.

"$25 is a steep price for this course."

bharrisontx's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 4/21/2013

I may play here again because of the fast play. I finished a round in under 3 hours. $25 is a high price for a course in this condition.

"The greens are TERRIBLE"

Mundos35's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 4/14/2013

I wish I could've played this course a couple years ago, I had heard it was amazing back then. Now, not so much... The staff is friendly and that was a plus but as for everything else, it was severely lacking! The cart I had ran out of power on the 16th, 17th, and 18th holes and the greens are really terrible. I had never seen sand on the green until I played this course. Maybe its because of the time of the year but I really expected more. Hope it gets better some day. But until then I will not be going back.

"Over priced and poorly maintained."

jsncmrls's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2013

I've only played three full rounds of golf as I am a beginner and of the three courses I have played this course is the poorest. Although the tall grass on the sides of the fairway is some what of a nuisance for someone like myself who has a hard time staying on the fairway the biggest problem by far are the greens. Because i'm not familiar with golf and many of its terms I don't know what the right method of describing the greens are so I'll put it to you this way, all 18 greens are under construction. Maybe they are being re-seeded or re-cultivated but for the course to still charge full price for the greens being in such bad condition to me is unforgiveable and I will not go back again. I would encourage anyone reading this to wait 3-4 weeks before visiting, maybe by then the grass will have sprouted and the golf ball will roll on the greens as intended instead of bouncing and hopping from side to side...good luck if you play this course....

"Don't bother"

ekhanster's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2013

Worst course I've ever played at. I paid 9$ and that was too much for this course.

"Great course gone to ruins..."

wengertd's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 3/31/2013

I have played this course about 5 times over the last 10 years, and this used to be an extremely beautiful and somewhat challenging course. However, due to recent financial troubles, even the $25 deal I got from golfnow was a waste of money. Just played it on 3-31-13, and the fairways were unidentifiable, the greens were terrible, and the overall experience was just brutal. It should not be possible to land a chip 5 yards into a green and still land in a bunker. Needles to say, we played the greens as an automatic two-putt. I really enjoyed this course in the past, but unless they invest some serious money to recover the green and actually try to plant some grass and learn how to mow the fairways, I will not be playing here again and would/could not recommend this course to anyone...

"One and Done"

bryblty's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 3/27/2013

I could not believe the condition of the greens. without a doubt the worst greens ever!! Most of the greens had just bare mud or sand as surface, the grass that was there was like shaved St. Augustine and was very bumpy and would knock a putt in several different directions before it got to the hole. Too bad too, the course had a neat layout with some very nice holes. With love and care this course could be a nice place to play, but not like this.