Style Parkland
Mottram Hall Golf Course

Year Built 1991
Architect Dave Thomas (1991)

Mottram Hall

Lovely day. Could not fault. Greens slightly slow due to early start (dew) and recovering from winter conditions. Same with tees and fairways but compared to other inland park courses plays really well. Always enjoyed playing there. Back nine a joy. Front 9 fairly flat and seemingly innocuous but you still have to be wary

Staff at club shop questioned wether I had reserved at the correct course

I have stayed and played at Mottram hall many times before, however this experience has made me rethink wether I would go back and also recommend the course to anyone. I had booked a tee off time and paid in advance I explained to the lad on the desk but felt as though I was somehow in the wrong, customer service isn’t their strongest point.

Nice round of golf

Friendly staff in Pro Shop and the starter was excellent. Whilst its winter conditions the course is still in good condition and on all normal greens.

The club house was closed for a private function which is a pity as we were looking forward to a drink, bar snack and the 6 Nations Rugby.

Slow pace of play ruined the round

The course is a really nice and in good condition but the pace of play was far too slow. As a 2 ball we were stuck behind members in a 3 ball from the 3rd hole who wouldn’t allow us play threw them even though it was clear in front of them and then on the 11th hole they were joined by a 4th player that made the pace even slower and we were lucky to finish the round whilst there was still some light.

Needs some TLC

Points club member for 2+ years (although same tee times for less on this site so not for much longer).Tee box areas in desperate need of attention (leveling out, re-grassing and smartening up). Greens just treated but still firm and fairly true despite the dimples and copious rainfall. Bunkers not raked every day and potentially too much sand in some. Q-Hotels have not invested much at all and it really shows now. New owners (Champneys) will hopefully breath some new life but will potentially price me out I fear.

Course was in good shape greens was excellent even though we had a lot of rain the day before

mottram hall

arrived 15 minutes before tee time had a few putts then proceeded to the first tee. from the first tee shot to the last the pace of play was shocking .it reminded me of playing at municipal courses at weekends and taking five and half hours to get round ,well this was was even worse i couldn't believe how slow it was and people were using ride on buggies.after five and half hours i reached the last and guess what yes you've guessed it waited another 10 minutes before teeing off.to cap it all was greeted on the last green by one of the most rude and disrespectfull pro shop worker i have ever met. will definitely not be going back and will warn people what to expect .things there need sorting out.because your better going to your local municipal.

Great back 9

Friendly welcome and good course overview from the starting hut chap. Back 9 are great golf holes whilest the front 9 are okay.

Double booked

Tee time doubled booked somehow, dissapointing. The young lad in the shop managed to just about sort it. Poor

Mottram st Andrew GC

Really good vfm, course in great condition considering the recent weather, would definitely recommend and would like to return when weather improves.

Great value

Despite the heavy rain in the week (and months) preceding, the course was more than playable with no temp. greens. Got a deal and it was more than worth it. Pace of play excellent as starter controlled groups well. Back 9 far harder than front!

Golf

Big course well laid out ,played on a very cold wet day would like to come back an d play the course in warmer conditions .

One of best maintained courses in the area

Despite the rain, snow & cold the course was in very good condition. Yes, a few greens showed signs of vertidraining and the odd bunker was worse for wear but overall it was, as usual, a pleasure to play.

Winter Special

Our course was snowed off so we paid a call to Mottram Hall, all Greens open and in great condition considering the weather

After the rain

The course played very well. There were some damp areas and one green with a soggy area but overall we were impressed with the course conditions. Definitely will return this winter.

Great course. Great staff.

I played here again after such a positive experience last month. The course conditions were good, we started in rain which cleared up after the third hole. The course was mostly dry aside from the 17th. My friend was delayed due to local traffic problems, not the only one. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating given the problem. I recommend this course.

Good course, great round of golf

I am a member of a nearby club and felt like a change. I played with another member of my club. We enjoyed our round and lunch afterwards in the club house. The course was for the most part well maintained and you could see work ongoing whilst we were playing. A nice course to play, very enjoyable. The halfway Cafe was closed but we got a coffee in the club house. If we had wanted to eat at that point there wasn't an option, we didn't so for us it wasn't important. Staff were very nice and helpful. We had people behind us in a buggie which made them very visible to us. I recommend it.

Torture

Lovely day, nice course, friendly and helpful staff. SLOW PLAY NIGHTMARE. Far too many novice players with no idea of 'playing through', all booked on at too short intervals. Came off after 6 holes and had to skip 5 holes and play 1 - 4 and 18th later to get the full 18 holes in. Even then got stuck behind slow fourball second time round. Very frustrating.

Woodford, Stockport