Woodlands Course at Chateau Elan Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Architect Denis Griffiths (1996)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Dave Pelz Golf School"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover Welcomed
Dress code No Denim; Collared shirt required for men.

Entertaining Clients 17

In good shape

This course for this time of year is in good shape. The pace of play was excellent and the greens were in very good shape.

Commented on 02/13/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Course in great condition Nice pace of play. Friendly staff

Commented on 02/06/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course!

Commented on 01/27/2020

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course.

Good course

My tee time was a bit early and it was chilly. and windy But all the staffs were very friendly. "Thank you all staffs". The course was in decent shape although we had lots of rain in the last couple of days. I highly recommend this course.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000007995126! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course!

An Interesting Day

Love this course. Practice area is top notch and course is always in great shape. As a frequent golfer I'm aware of how to handle a wet golf course. Unfortunately I drove the cart by mistake on the grass near a walking path close to the practice area but in now way doing damage to a critical part of the course. An employee came out and let us know that I needed to be mindful about it and I apologized and continued to practice for my round. A manager then came out and scolded me multiple times for it after I apologized twice. He asked us if we would like a refund to leave three times which was very upsetting considering my nearly hour drive. I did not purposely drive in the grass as I got confused on which route I needed to take to get to the practice area. After some back and forth we went about our way and had a fun round.

Commented on 02/04/2020

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize about the confusion you had while trying to find the route to the practice green. We're happy to hear you still enjoyed your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Chateau Elan Golf Club.

Once-great course working to return to former status

The course has been a favorite of mine for 20+ years. It is 36 miles from my house, but it is well worth the drive. There are obvious signs of intent and effort to upgrade cart paths and the overall look of things. The course continues to be a fun challenge...particularly for a 70 year-old guy. who shoots in the mid-80's. I would suggest that there is a strong need to replace the old bunker rakes (many of them are broken or warped) and would suggest long-handled ones . In my experience they make it easier and faster to smooth out the footprints, etc.

Commented on 12/09/2019

Hello. we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course!

Wouldn’t play again in fall/winter

Tons of leaves covering the rough, rough mostly dead grass and hard dirt. Some holes I hit into the rough and lost my ball under the leaves there were so many leaves on the ground. Course is long which I like and the lay out is challenging. It’s constant hills however which make frustrating second and third approach shots as you’re always shifting your weight to hit up or down a hill. I bet it’s a great course in the summer, all the leaves left me a little disappointed; you’d think they’d have blowers and get that off the course.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We have taken note of your feedback and will pass it along to our management staff. Thanks for playing and we hope you consider returning for another round soon.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Hi, Rdzuber. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/10/2019

A Golf Resort and Winery That Has It All!

Attention golf and wine aficionados: There’s a resort about 40 miles northeast of Atlanta, GA that is a full production winery with 45 holes of resort-style golf. With 3,500 acres of wine and golf, it’s sure to keep enthusiasts of both busy.

Chateau Elan is a both a luxurious golf resort and winery - the first winery of its kind in the region since Prohibition - a tennis center, equestrian show center, conference center, European-style health spa and residential community.

In addition to an award winning winery – with hundreds of national and international awards to its credit – it’s also home to 45 holes of golf. You’ll experience everything Georgia golf has to offer, serene valley lakes and rolling Georgia hills. The Woodlands is one of two championship 18-hole layouts and is considered by many to be the most challenging and scenic of the two. As you play your way around The Woodlands, you’ll be treated to stunning views of the north Georgia foothills. The course plays around several sparkling lakes and towering trees line the fairways of a few holes. There are plenty of elevation changes so be ready for a few blind shots and the rolling terrain makes for some interesting lies. From the back tees, Woodlands plays 6,725 yards, with a course rating of 73.1 and a slope of 135. At 6,355 yards (71.1/132), the Green tees provide most men all the golf they can handle while the ladies will find the Burgundy tees (4,850/69.2/129) a good test of their abilities. Four sets of tees make the Woodlands course enjoyable for golfers of all abilities.

One of the most memorable holes on the course is Number 8, a par 5 that plays 508 yards from the Green tees. Unless you’re a monster off the tee, it’s a three-shot hole, predominantly because of the large lake that fronts the green. The preferred shot off the tee on this dogleg right is down the right side of the fairway and is really your only hope at getting on in two. It also opens up your shot to the fairway on the other side of the lake. Most players will choose to layup in front of the lake, which still leaves a minimum of 150 yards, slightly downhill to the green. If you’re coming in from the left side as many will do, beware of the two large bunkers front left. Amazingly, this hole is handicapped 5th hardest.

Chateau Elan also boasts some pretty impressive practice facilities that are open to the public. Their full-length driving range is open during daylight hours. There are plenty of targets to dial in your distances and the Wee Links Practice Facility has a multi-tiered pitching station, practice bunkers, a Bentgrass and two TifEagle Bermuda practice greens.

Chateau Elan is known for its luxurious accommodations, whether it’s a room or suite at the Inn or a golf villa on the 15th fairway of the Chateau Course. The rooms at Château Élan are larger than those at most hotels. Each villa has an open floor plan with a kitchen, elegantly furnished living room with an LED fireplace and big screen TV.

Besides award-winning golf courses, Chateau Elan boasts a variety of health and fitness facilities, including a seasonal outdoor pool and a fitness room with free weight dumbbells, treadmills, elliptical trainers and stair masters. The Chateau Elan Racquet Club offers the best tennis programs in Braselton, Georgia.

Dining is a special treat at Chateau Elan, with 6 dining venues offering a variety of cuisines with award-winning dishes and ingredients. From regional Southern and All-American to Mediterranean, Irish, and healthful Spa Cuisine and settings from casual to intimate fine dining, Chateau Elan has something for everyone.

The Spa at Chateau Elan is a peaceful sanctuary and the perfect escape, whether you’re staying at Chateau Elan overnight or as a day guest.

Château Élan is the only certified Conference Center in America that has a full-production, working winery and vineyards. There are 30 meeting rooms, four ballrooms, 12 conference rooms, one boardroom, and a tiered auditorium with stage and fixed seating within the 40,000 sq. ft. conference center. In addition, there are numerous outdoor settings, including a 16th-century-style French Château that provide creative backgrounds for meetings, banquets and receptions.

Commented on 09/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us such a detailed review, TheGolfinGuy. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course thanks you!

Aeration- No warning, Range Problems

Book a hot deal via Golf Now. There was no alert that the greens had been aerated this week. The greens were awful. In addition went to range and ball machine was empty due to a tourney that was starting on other course and they had emptied machine. So a guy comes out after we waited 10 minutes and drives on range and gets us balls to hit. Then about 5 minutes later another guy comes up and tells us they are closing range for maintenance. What a joke. We hit about 10 balls each because they had no balls and then closed the range. No warning about this or aeration. Terrible experience.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Hello, ty1565. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback about the missing booking icons is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are informed about significant changes in course conditions before booking. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements and continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us eelink5. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course thanks you!

Excellent Staff

This was my second time playing at Chateau Elan. Both courses are in excellent shape. The staff here is amazing! Shout out to Brandon who makes you feel welcome.

Commented on 08/20/2019

Dhughes12, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course.

Excellent course

It had been 3 months since I last played the course. Had not seen it in such good shape.

Commented on 08/07/2019

Thank you for your review, drlove65. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Chateau Elan Golf Club - Woodlands Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for finding my no.7 iron.

Thank you for calling from club house due to my lost no. 7 iron.
I am very happy to find it.

Commented on 06/11/2019

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear we were able to find your lost 7 iron. We hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Chateau Elan Golf!

Commented on 05/20/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Chateau Elan. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

First time at Woodlaands

Great layout and challenging course. Course was in great shape for this time of year. Definitely will be looking to go back and play there again

Commented on 04/25/2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Chateau Elan Golf!

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.