Type Public/Municipal
Woodruff Golf Course
Scorecard for Woodruff Golf Course
Blue M: 66.1/114 352 348 306 202 371 259 157 293 385 2673 322 372 178 349 167 362 308 306 387 2751 5424
Gold W: 69.3/116 341 344 299 190 364 252 100 276 311 2477 313 368 163 339 147 353 296 227 376 2582 5059

Year Built 1926
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Larry Packard (1966)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Wonderful value

Second time playing this course and it was in pretty decent shape. The fun tho g about this course is the difference between front and back 9. Front plus like an average park district course : holes close to each other and not too many hazards. Then you get to the back 9 and it’s like you entered a private country club with beautiful hills and preserve. Makes this course a lot of fun to play. Only complaint was pace of play as there are a lot of beginners on course and they don’t move them along Other than that a great value for the money.

Nice shorter course; great shape

Nice little course with a blah front nine and a sporty back 9. No par 5’s, so just a par 68. Course in terrific shape! Good pace under 4 hours. Great day at the course and a Hot Deal price that can’t be beat!

One of the best muni courses in the southwest Chi suburbs

This course is fairly good condition, but a lot of repairs underway, and it will get better. The pace of play is usually less than 4 hours during the week. Do be mindful that there are poison ivy and poison oak growing inside the treelines along the roadways, so, if you drive one in there, let it go.

We play here often and enjoy it. Reviews are of course, from our point of view, so here it is. Now, as I know the course staff reads the reviews, I'll single out one of the rangers on duty today, specifically enough so he receives the feedback. Hopefully, others will find the story mildly amusing. In a very condescending manner, he pointed out that we did not have to wait for the group ahead to leave the green before teeing on on hole 10, only been playing for years at that never occurred to me, that I could hit when the group in front was out of range, DUH?? Had he actually been present long enough he would have realized that I had waited for the group from the 18th hole who had hit it into my landing zone to clear the area? Believe me, if I thought I could drive the green on # I0 wouldn't be playing Woodruff.

He also took issue with an extra ball hit by my partner after she'd put one into the trees on the right, and then her provisional when she put one in the creek area on the left. No one waiting at the tee while this was going on. In fact a different ranger, who knows how often we play said it was ok if we occasionally hit an extra ball as long as the pace of play was maintained.

All might have made some sense if we were behind pace of play, but we finished in under 3 /2 hours and arrived at virtually ever tee from # 8 onwards before the prior group had hit their 2nd shot.

Woodruff is a fun course, a great value, and we genuinely enjoy playing there, I do value the work the ranger do, and I'm not about to behave like a jerk, but it is a recreational course and I do expect mutual courtesy.

The last point to put it in context, in our twosome, we carded a 76, and an 84, so while we weren't scorching the course, we weren't hacking it up either. We'll be back!

Fun Thursday

Always enjoy this course! Love the challenging back nine!

Nice Public course

First time playing, Greens in great shape, second cut just right. Will play again.

Convenient local course

Enjoy playing here occasionally. Always in great shape. Pace of play good. Well run and friendly staff.

Neat course, friendly staff, back nine has target golf holes

Fun course. Short on the front nine and tight/target golf on back. No par 5’s so it looks like a short course but has some challenging par 4’s and long par 3’s.

Currently a little soggy but that’s all the rain we’ve gotten in Midwest. Still, carts are allowed and easy enough to ride around without major restrictions.

Will gladly play again. Round moved pretty good for a Friday morning/afternoon on a sunny and 75 degree day. I think we completed in 4 hours. Any golf course is going to be jammed packed on a nice Friday/weekend. So, twosomes/singles be aware and need to accept that there’s no flying through. I play as single occasionally on weekdays here and that’s when you are more able to fly through. :)

Fun, ego builder vourse

Planning this Golf Course is like playing two different nine’s. The front nine is pretty straightforward simple not too much trouble. The back nine however it’s like entering a different world. I would suggest if you play the back nine that you play it was someone that played the place before because there are some shots that you need to have some local knowledge . Great value for your money the staff is very friendly and helpful

Plays longer than you'd expect

Don't dismiss it because it's less than 6000 yards. Since it has no par 5's, the yardage is deceiving. It actually plays equivalent to a par 72 of 6200-6300 yards IMO.

Greens were excellent. Fairways too for the most part. There were some soggy areas due to the super wet spring. We played on a nice Saturday at mid day, and the pace of play was very good.

Short but plays hard

Course had a little water but still played great. A good value and not so crowded. The will be back.

Great round

The course was in great condition considering all the rain we had the previous week. All fairways clear and no issues getting around. The greens ran true and the cost was great. Book on line and get great rates.

Course is shaping up for a great 2019

Fairways are in very good shape, rough is still draining in many area.

Green are +90% recovered fron the spring aeration. Get out and enjoy the course!

Great value

Front nine, very forgiving and like the elevation changes. Back nine is really nice and worth it all as it brings in more hazards and narrow fairways and dog legs. If I lived in the area I would play this course over and over.

The course is ready to go!

The only thing that Woodruff lacks is a little more time for the trees to leaf out, as we played in early April. The tee boxes are well-prepared, the greens in good shap, and the fairways wide and welcoming. One of the best of the Joliet are municipal courses.

First time golfers

First time golfers were let tee off on a busy Saturday morning. Were hitting 20 yards per swing. A ranger should of moved them along.
We skipped over them and then all good.

Fantastic short track in Joliet. Front 9 has everything right in front of you with tree lined fairways that demand a solid tee shot, but not overly long to where you have to sacrifice accuracy. A couple driveable par 4's that everyone's a fan of. Back 9 is more demanding with a couple dog legs to the right, a par 3 from an elevated tee box, and some great bunkering and water hazards that will challenge your misses appropriately. Great staff and a well maintained course.

Lockport, Illinois