Type Public/Municipal
Woodruff Golf Course

Year Built 1926
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Larry Packard (1966)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

First time player

Very challenging course in spite of the par of 68. Course was in good condition except for the overgrown 5 inch rough. Started on back which is significantly more difficult than the front 9. Playable hilly layout in a secluded area.

Course is in fine shape, great for beginners to high intermediate golfers.

Always a pleasure to play, ourse is well kept for a municipal course. Pace of play is reasonable, but not hurried. Front 9 is walkable, back 9 is less friendly to walkers but some people do it.

Plenty of birdie opportunities!

Commented on 09/02/2019

We hope you give us another chance to improve our rating. Thank you for playing!

Commented on 09/02/2019

We hope you give us another chance to improve our rating. Thank you for playing.

Fun short track, lots of par 4s

Fun shorter course. Par 4s ranged from 250-390 yards. Most were right around 320 yards. Good to work on short irons with shorter distances coming in. Par 3s ranged from 130-200 yards. One of par 3 is 150 yards over water with most of that as carry distance. Front nine is more simple compared to back nine, which has lots of elevation and doglegs.

We were a foursome and played Friday 10am tee time and we finished at 1pm. Three hours is pretty good for a foursome on a Friday morning. We even caught a single walker on 17th hole so did really well and moving pace of play along.

Don’t Chase the Low Price Deals

Clear example oh how a low-price deal will attract a crowd. Took us over 2 1/2 hours to play first nine holes! Lots of hacks out there, too. Pay the price elsewhere where you can enjoy a nice pace of play.

Wonderful value

Second time playing this course and it was in pretty decent shape. The fun tho g about this course is the difference between front and back 9. Front plus like an average park district course : holes close to each other and not too many hazards. Then you get to the back 9 and it’s like you entered a private country club with beautiful hills and preserve. Makes this course a lot of fun to play. Only complaint was pace of play as there are a lot of beginners on course and they don’t move them along Other than that a great value for the money.

Commented on 09/02/2019

Nice shorter course; great shape

Nice little course with a blah front nine and a sporty back 9. No par 5’s, so just a par 68. Course in terrific shape! Good pace under 4 hours. Great day at the course and a Hot Deal price that can’t be beat!

Commented on 09/02/2019

One of the best muni courses in the southwest Chi suburbs

This course is fairly good condition, but a lot of repairs underway, and it will get better. The pace of play is usually less than 4 hours during the week. Do be mindful that there are poison ivy and poison oak growing inside the treelines along the roadways, so, if you drive one in there, let it go.

We play here often and enjoy it. Reviews are of course, from our point of view, so here it is. Now, as I know the course staff reads the reviews, I'll single out one of the rangers on duty today, specifically enough so he receives the feedback. Hopefully, others will find the story mildly amusing. In a very condescending manner, he pointed out that we did not have to wait for the group ahead to leave the green before teeing on on hole 10, only been playing for years at that never occurred to me, that I could hit when the group in front was out of range, DUH?? Had he actually been present long enough he would have realized that I had waited for the group from the 18th hole who had hit it into my landing zone to clear the area? Believe me, if I thought I could drive the green on # I0 wouldn't be playing Woodruff.

He also took issue with an extra ball hit by my partner after she'd put one into the trees on the right, and then her provisional when she put one in the creek area on the left. No one waiting at the tee while this was going on. In fact a different ranger, who knows how often we play said it was ok if we occasionally hit an extra ball as long as the pace of play was maintained.

All might have made some sense if we were behind pace of play, but we finished in under 3 /2 hours and arrived at virtually ever tee from # 8 onwards before the prior group had hit their 2nd shot.

Woodruff is a fun course, a great value, and we genuinely enjoy playing there, I do value the work the ranger do, and I'm not about to behave like a jerk, but it is a recreational course and I do expect mutual courtesy.

The last point to put it in context, in our twosome, we carded a 76, and an 84, so while we weren't scorching the course, we weren't hacking it up either. We'll be back!

Commented on 09/02/2019

We a apologize for your negative experience. Upon investigation we were unable to determine who caused this experience. Please reach out to management so we can take the appropriate steps. We expect more from our staff. Thank you.

Fun Thursday

Always enjoy this course! Love the challenging back nine!

Nice Public course

First time playing, Greens in great shape, second cut just right. Will play again.

Convenient local course

Enjoy playing here occasionally. Always in great shape. Pace of play good. Well run and friendly staff.

Commented on 09/02/2019

Neat course, friendly staff, back nine has target golf holes

Fun course. Short on the front nine and tight/target golf on back. No par 5’s so it looks like a short course but has some challenging par 4’s and long par 3’s.

Currently a little soggy but that’s all the rain we’ve gotten in Midwest. Still, carts are allowed and easy enough to ride around without major restrictions.

Will gladly play again. Round moved pretty good for a Friday morning/afternoon on a sunny and 75 degree day. I think we completed in 4 hours. Any golf course is going to be jammed packed on a nice Friday/weekend. So, twosomes/singles be aware and need to accept that there’s no flying through. I play as single occasionally on weekdays here and that’s when you are more able to fly through. :)

Fun, ego builder vourse

Planning this Golf Course is like playing two different nine’s. The front nine is pretty straightforward simple not too much trouble. The back nine however it’s like entering a different world. I would suggest if you play the back nine that you play it was someone that played the place before because there are some shots that you need to have some local knowledge . Great value for your money the staff is very friendly and helpful

Commented on 09/02/2019

Plays longer than you'd expect

Don't dismiss it because it's less than 6000 yards. Since it has no par 5's, the yardage is deceiving. It actually plays equivalent to a par 72 of 6200-6300 yards IMO.

Greens were excellent. Fairways too for the most part. There were some soggy areas due to the super wet spring. We played on a nice Saturday at mid day, and the pace of play was very good.

Short but plays hard

Course had a little water but still played great. A good value and not so crowded. The will be back.

Great round

The course was in great condition considering all the rain we had the previous week. All fairways clear and no issues getting around. The greens ran true and the cost was great. Book on line and get great rates.

Course is shaping up for a great 2019

Fairways are in very good shape, rough is still draining in many area.

Green are +90% recovered fron the spring aeration. Get out and enjoy the course!

Lockport, Illinois
New Lenox, Illinois
Joliet, Illinois
Crest Hill, Illinois
Homer Glen, Illinois
Lockport, Illinois

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.