2.3

University Park Golf Club (formerly known as University Golf Club & Conference Center) boasts one of the most popular championship courses in the Chicagoland area. The golf course has been a local favorite since it first opened in 1962. The original design by Lawrence Packard received an update in 2004 by Greg Martin, but the classic character of the layout still remains. The course wanders across gentle rolling terrain, providing elevated tees and undulating fairways. Water hazards come into play on half the holes, including on the 17th, University Park Golf Club's signature hole. This intimidating par 3 requires a tough carry over water to an elevated green. Miss it and you'll be faced with the nearly impossible task of getting up and down. The difficulty doesn't let up with the final hole, an uphill dogleg par 4 with a sloped, elevated green and water on the right.

University Park Golf Club

Year Built 1967
Architect Larry Packard Greg Martin (2004)

Plays Long 6

Don’t Buy Beer

I want to start off my review by saying I truly like playing here. Staff is awesome, course has come back nicely from when it was unkempt. I played today, and the greens were aerated, but that wasn’t even a big deal. I’m a business owner, so I take these reviews seriously. I checked in this morning and proceeded to the bar to get some beer and a hot dog. Was playing with my son and 2 friends. I ordered 6 Coronas and 2 hot dogs. The girl rang me up.. very nice girl, just doing her job. 51.60...51.60 for 6 beers and 2 hot dogs...an $8.90 service charge added to my cost. Now I’m not sure if this course pays their employees so horribly that they add a 20% tip to all bar orders, but this was a bit excessive. Will play here again, but will never patronize the bar.

Green conditions

We were warned about the aeration of the greens but you would think that they would have dropped the rates at least five dollars per person. They didn’t. Very disappointed.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thanks for your review. Hope to see you again soon!

There charging you good money, but nobody has even cleaned up branches or goose crap! I’ve played this course numerous times, it’s the worse I’ve ever seen it!

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We take customer feedback seriously and would like to continue this conversation. Please feel free to reach out to us at info@universityparkgolfclub.com.

Open Design with Plenty of Challenges

The course is maintained very well; the fairways were cut nicely and the rough was kept at around 2-3”. The fairways were open and forgiving but plenty of challenges to keep it interesting. The greens are well maintained also; no bare spots and the fringes were cut properly also. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful especially for first time visitors. The Golf Now pricing was an excellent value. This course will be in my rotation.

Horrible Pace of Play

Course is always the worst for place of play. Course isn’t in good shape either. Don’t waste your time.

Hidden Gem right off I-57

This course is relatively flat but the design and hole layouts give an opportunity to use every club in your bag. Large greens really make them easier to get, but make you really rely on your putting game. It was a little wet in early May with all the rain, but dryer then a lot of other courses in south suburbs... Drainage in the course is done well into well placed water hazards throughout the course.

5 Hour 40 Minute Round

Let me start off by saying that the employees in the pro shop & in the restaurant were very nice. Food was good also. The course itself was average to slightly above. Interesting layout that requires a fair amount of laying up. The greens were aerated a week ago so wasn’t ideal. I normally shoot in the low 90s, but seemed like every group in front of us was playing into the 150s. Hit, wait 10 minutes, hit, wait 10 minutes.... the entire day. No ranger ever came out to suggest anyone to speed up the pace. Because of the pace of play, I could never recommend this course.

Hidden Gem

I was staying 45 minutes south of Chicago, so I wanted a course that was closer to my hotel than traveling closer to downtown. University was directly west of my hotel, so I gave it a try. Glad I did. The staff was very friendly, and even gave a couple of tips on getting around the golf course (which I didn't follow on 10 and paid for it), and let you know it was wide open today. The layout has interesting doglegs, which give you some risk/reward options. The course is very flat, and is pretty open in case you spray a couple of shots. Greens were very receptive, and rolled nicely. I really enjoyed this track!!

Don't miss tis one

It was our first time here and we were very pleased with the whole experience. The staff at the course was very friendly and accommodating. The course was in great conditions and the greens were very true. Will definitely come back again.

Greens need some work

I always enjoy the course and play quite a few times each year as the prices through the various booking site are good. The greens are slow and a bit bumpy but better than many other heavily used courses. Just played a round in 3.25 hours with two others.

Great value!

Tyrone is the course manager and he is a great asset. Very personable, knowledgeable, and vey customer oriented. The course was wet but expected due to the time of year. Fun layout, great bargain and I will be back.

Great layout. Sand traps could use some real sand. Otherwise great experience.

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).