Painted Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1929
Fairways Bluegrass

Dress code No tank tops (sleeveless golf shirts are allowed for female golfers). No T-Shirts (must be a collared golf shirt).

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Really like the course layout

Very nice course, really enjoyed playing here. The staff is also very friendly

Plays Twice a year

Forgiving course

Nice course and layout. If you go right or left you can still play back into the fairway or have a shot at the green.

Disappointed

Greens were good, rest of the course has been let go. New Life has ruined a lot of courses in this area.

Not the best value for the price-

The fairways were really rough and not in good shape at all. The greens were good. The bunkers were more like dirt rather than sand. They had rakes so we felt like we were supposed to play out of them (during COVID) but they were not maintained well. The good news is 1 of our players got a hole in 1 on hole 13. The bad news is we had a twosome jump in front of us, cursed at us when we questioned their decision, and one of the two continued to heckle and taunt us throughout the remaining holes. I called the Pro Shop and they sent out a Marshal who talked to the guys but continued to let them play. We had not only kept up with the foursome in front of us but waited on them many holes prior to this incident. We then had to wait double time for both groups in front of us. I will never play this course again nor do I recommend it to others. There are too many other courses with better fairways for the price of the course and also have golfers who respect one another to make a much better experience.Never been treated so poorly on a course......

Rock Hard

The bunkers were concrete and the course was over grown and most of the fairways were like hitting off of a parking lot. Kind of sad since I was just here a month and a half ago and it was in 10x better condition. Turn the water on and soak the course! If it would of been better hitting conditions I would’ve given this course four stars. Been to cheaper courses with better fairways.

Very enjoyable and fulfilling round at Painted Hills

Happy with my decision to get a round in at Painted Hills. It had been almost 5 years since I had played it last and I can’t believe I took so long to make it back. Love the layout- tee’s aren’t quite the distance I’d usually play so it was a must that I play the blacks.. which sounds funny to say being that I tend to play the whites at longer courses or sometimes the blue’s at a more “typical” course. Anyway, despite the shorter yardage- the blacks were able to do the trick for me as I would imagine they would work for any blue/black golfer. I must say- the par 3’s are awesome! A coupe really cool layouts. The greens were looking FABULOUS and rolling true. Can’t wait to come back.

WORST COURSE IN KC AREA

How do these guys get away with charging $50 for 18 holes? That's a premium price for a F grade course. The fairway grass was so tall that I lost my ball on 4 different occasions. If you hit your ball in the rough or further off course, kiss your ball goodbye. They clearly do not take of this course as the rough was 3 feet tall. Tee boxes are dirt, no sand in the bunkers, carts look like they're from the 80's.....really guys? $50? Worst pace of play as well. They over book the crap out of this course. I had to wait 45 minutes after my tee time to play, because they were so backed up, due to over booking. No marshals to move people along either. Staff was rude and unfriendly, and I overheard them talking trash on how they hated the golfers that play there. Worst golf experience of my life. Will NEVER be returning to this course. STAY AWAY.

An course in the middle of town.

Painted hills gets a lot of play and therefore usually very busy. Biggest complaint is the ruff needs to be trimmed a little, no fun trying to find your balls when you are just off the fairway. I will be back in spite of this!

Another “Good Life” disappointment

A trend I see at all “Good Life” courses. Terrible tee boxes. Terrible bunkers. Fairways In desperate need of help. Old worn out carts. Only thing in good condition were the greens.

What have they done

I grew up playing this coarse and it was a great small coarse back in the 90’s. Great Life bought it and I must say it’s on its way down. I just can’t get behind a company that believes it’s okay to not maintain golf coarses. Another Great Life horror story.

Very fun course

I enjoyed the layout and there are many driveable par 4s which adds some fun to the overall short course. The greens were in great shape, fairways and tee boxes are a work in progress and you can tell they are trying to make these improvements. I will play again in the future.

Dream come true

So I grew up in KCK and always saw Painted Hills but not knowing how to play or having access to the game, I never got to play. Fast forward to my adult years, I finally got the chance to play there. Enough of the sappy stuff. The course plays short but it has a lot of character. The greens and fairway are in great shape for an older course. You can tell they put a lot of attention to detail in keeping the course beautiful. There is only one water way that plays to two holes. This is a fun course to play if you want longer par 3s that present a challenge.

DO NOT PLAY

This used to be a fun and fast course to play over the years but since new ownership it totally sucks. No sand in the sand trap, in between the holes and all over the course they let the roof grow to 2 feet and it slows the game and you lose balls. The golf holes in them selves are blocked so you cannot put the ball in the hole. Absolutely the worst course in Kansas City , save your money somewhere else

Lake Quivira, Kansas