Butternut Farm Golf Club

Year Built 1993
Architect Robert Page III Mark Mungeam (1993)

Carts Yes - $20

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Bar, Grill

Banquet Facilities

Beautiful Butternut

We’ve been playing courses all over New England this summer using golf now and Butternut is a favorite for sure.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, RGDA7BDB45767994EEA! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Friday of Golf

Course is in great shape. Staff is friendly and pace of play was good.

Commented on 09/14/2020

u000007425665, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Butternut Farm Golf Club.

I love Butternut Farms!

This is a great course. It is very tight but rewards good shots. Greens and tees are in hreat shape. Greens roll true! I would r3commend this fun 18 to anybody!

Tough course in great condition

Narrow tree-lined fairways with lots of bunkers, so it's definitely a challenge, but the course is in immaculate condition.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, zseeber88! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Butternut Farm Golf Club!

How NOT to treat a customer

Today my round was ruined by the worst experience I have ever encountered on a golf course. As my partner and I finished the 3rd hole we were told by the ranger that we would not be able to play 18 holes which we paid for (because of the golf league) we could only play 9. We called the pro shop after the next hole asking for a refund of the back 9, he said we could get a refund for the golf cart only. We had a 1:20 tee time. I will Never play here again. We were offered to play the front 9 again which we did. The entire golf experience wasn't fun. Very dissatisfied customer.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Butternut Farm Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/11/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u1267189! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Butternut Farm Golf Club!

Commented on 08/10/2020

Commented on 08/04/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Butternut Farm Golf Club!

Commented on 08/04/2020

Commented on 07/31/2020

Hi sleveroni. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Butternut Farm Golf Club.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi, u314160396767. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Butternut Farm Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hi, u762090036. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Butternut Farm Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/10/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating of us! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Butternut Farm Golf Club!

Had fun

Course is a little tight on some holes..some times difficult by enjoyed playing there.

Commented on 07/10/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Butternut Farm Golf Club.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Hello, wangell. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Excellent course

Really enjoyed this course. Conditions were excellent, from tee to green. Not terribly long even from the blues, with some tight fairways and trees lining every hole. It helps to focus on accuracy off the tee over distance. If you’re wild off the tee you will live in the trees and have a long round.

Can’t comment on clubhouse or pro shop as I just checked in and started my round. Starter was friendly and had friendly interactions with the Marshall.

I’ll definitely be back as I was most impressed with course conditions. A+

Commented on 07/08/2020

Be careful using Online booking

While the golf course is in very good shape particularly the greens, I had an issue with the matter of payment and was very disappointed in management's surly attitude, inflexibility and overall reaction to the situation.
Booked 2 foursomes on Friday June 12 for the following Thursday using their automated system. Although I was unable to get the system to book us at the Senior rate of $30 versus the regular $42 rate, I still made the reservation. The Automated system immediately charged my credit card at $42.00 each. I then called the Clubhouse and explained my situation. The person told me the charge was pending and it would be straightened out when we checked in.
That never happened and I was charged $336 versus $240. The course GM told me I should have originally called the Clubhouse to make the tee times and because I booked at the higher rate, nothing could be done. He also mentioned that we were free to leave but would not get any refund. What frustrates me is that their website offers online booking but does not mention that to get the Senior rate, I needed to call the Clubhouse. Had I been told of the limitations during my call, I would have cancelled the online reservation and made the tee times over the phone and made the tee times over the phone.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We are so sorry for the confusion and inconvenience that you experienced. This happened because you wanted to book two senior rate foursomes back to back online and that option not was not available online at the time you wanted to play. Instead, you booked two foursomes at our full price online. Once the tee times are booked through our online system it automatically charges your credit card for the price of those regular tee times. We were not able to credit you back the difference because you booked those full priced tee times & other customers willing to pay the full price were not able to book those times. The owner, Cole Page, explained this to you in detail and asked in the future for you to call the pro shop if you want to book something that is not available online. We always do our best to accommodate our customers. Cole also gave you four carts which cost $20 a piece, for your inconvenience, which saved you $80, this decreased the difference in the price that you paid from the senior rate from what you stated at $96 down to $16. Our goal is to always take care of our customers in any situation and we ask that you call the pro shop in the future if you cannot find the options you need online at 978-897-3400 X2.

Great

Greens are rolling true green fairways best course in the area

Commented on 06/19/2020

Hi sleveroni. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Butternut Farm Golf Club!

Hudson, Massachusetts