Butternut Farm Golf Club

Year Built 1993
Architect Robert Page III Mark Mungeam (1993)

Carts Yes - $20

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Cute little course!

Was in the area for work and played 9 with some coworkers after our day ended.

We walked 9 and finished in about 1:40. The course is reasonably well maintained. It is a very tight course and there are a LOT of trees to contend with. The greens were pretty slow as well.

We enjoyed the round and I'll return next time I'm in the area.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Thank you etakmit for the four star rating and review! We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to the area.

Too Close for Comfort

This is a nice, well laid out and maintained course, and the weekend fee is reasonable. My three complaints are: (1) the fairways are extremely tight, and the holes are so close together that you constantly hear shouts of "fore" from golfers on adjoining holes; (2) the pace of play on a Saturday morning was 5.25 hours; and (3) there is no water on the course, except the bottles you can purchase from the drink cart. If you hit it straight, don't mind a marathon round and pack your own water, you should love this place. I might give it another try mid-week during the shoulder seasons.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Thank you JoshBlack417 for the feedback and review from your recent visit earlier this season. We appreciate the feedback and will hope to see you again soon for a second chance on the greens.

Very tight off the tee

I listed narrow fairways as one of the "challenges", but this isn't entirely accurate. The real challenge is narrow alleyways from the tee box. Many tee boxes are surrounded by trees. The result is someone who plays a consistent shot shape really needs to pay attention to where they tee up as a push-draw or pull-fade could hit a tree before the draw or fade comes into play. These tight alleyways and a par four dogleg left that doesn't allow for a straight shot in the fairway are why I knocked the rating down for course layout.

Commented on 10/05/2016

Thanks for taking the time to review the course and share your player tip. We think the layout offers a challenging round, but we appreciate your feedback and your 4 stars. Hope to have you back again soon!

Boston Advisor

First Time at Butternut

My first time at Butternut Farms was great!! Golf course is really good. Plays shortish at 5755 from whites but is very narrow and tree lined. If you spray ur tee ball you will not be able to do nothing but pitch out and regroup. Some really memorable holes here. # 3 is a longest hole to a double green. # 8 is fantastic!! 268 yards over wetlands to narrow fairway w a small green. Beautiful hole. # 9 plays into a great clubhouse with a patio over the back. # 10 is a monster. 600 yards slight dogleg right w a narrow fairway. 3 or 4 shot hole with fairway ending at about 120 with pitch over a pond to a narrow green I actually hit pin on the fly and landed close for me to save par. # 5 plays long over a lake after going across a covered bridge. Really enjoyed 14. Drive over protected wetlands to a slight right dog leg. Overall course was in great shape. Bunkers. Greens and fairways. Only two complaints. Tee boxes were hard. Not forgiven for irons and tough to find a soft spot for tee. My main issue was customer service in grill. Girl didn't seem to want to be there. Outside smoking when we arrived. We only had time for a drink b4 our round but planned on coming in after round for drinks and a burger but when we asked her the hours she basically said that 5 pm was it. On a summer Sunday!?!? And sure enough with our 206 tee time we were done about 615 and it was locked and done. C"mon maybe 7 o'clock during the summer?!? Very disappointed. This was reason I couldn't give Butternut Farms five stars They have a amazing clubhouse. Keep it open so we can enjoy it. Definitely will be back. I shot a 76. So golf was excellent

Great golf

I really enjoy playing this course it is a very challenging course and it is 20 min from my house

Stow, Massachusetts
Bolton, Massachusetts
Bolton, Massachusetts
Concord, Massachusetts

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.