Melreese Golf Course at International Links

The Melreese golf course at International Links is where Tiger Woods made his first professional appearance in south Florida. The championship course, which has six sets of tees, features rolling fairways and large, undulating greens. It is a tight golf course featuring five lakes that come into play on 14 holes. To make up for the damages caused by Hurricane Andrew, the golf course has been outfitted with replanted tall live oak and palm trees that can affect shots. There are also nearly 100 sand bunkers present on the course. The Melreese course's signature hole is the par-4 14th, which is nicknamed "Heartbreak Ridge." It has water alongside the right side of the fairway all the way from the tee to the green, and it requires an approach shot past water to an island green. The International Links facility also offers a lighted driving range and putting green.
Miami International Links - Melreese Country Club
Blue (W) 71 6613 yards 74.9 131
Green (W) 71 3417 yards 59.7 94
Scorecard for Melreese
Black M: 74.4/128 436 176 451 608 213 410 595 192 452 3533 431 564 239 382 439 180 381 661 460 3737 7270
Gold M: 72.2/122 420 157 430 585 189 387 570 186 414 3338 413 542 216 362 424 162 376 602 442 3539 6877
Blue M: 71.3/121 408 148 413 574 178 374 555 179 388 3217 398 532 202 354 415 155 362 572 429 3419 6636
White M: 69.2/120 W: 75.3/130 374 126 380 536 140 334 521 167 379 2957 363 494 173 323 376 126 337 558 400 3150 6107
Red M: 66.5/115 W: 72.1/121 346 106 356 495 113 307 486 137 336 2682 330 462 151 296 342 101 304 493 373 2852 5534
Executive M: 59.2/97 W: 60.5/96 213 80 203 279 93 202 275 102 213 1660 192 269 131 190 203 72 193 290 217 1757 3417

Year Built 1961

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2015 #11)

Amazing Food 19
Instruction 11

Fantasy hideaway

Great course! Fairways were immaculate and the greens should match in a couple of weeks. Pace of play was a bit slow, but weather played a part, so understandable. The 19th hole was great and service was friendly. Wish I would have found this gem sooner.

Great Municipal

First time playing this course last weekend, it's probably my favorite municipal in the area now. The conditions were very good and I enjoyed the layout. Staff was super friendly. Overall, no complaints and I definitely recommend.

Paradise at the handle

If you’re in the area or a local you already know this course is fire. From the layout, staff to the scenery you will get what you’re looking for. Fairways are above well kept , Greens are fast and , have double reads (not common in Miami) for you low HC and staff is courteous. A+ the Convenience Cart comes around quite often.

Oh,,,,, Paradise at the handle = its your putter .

Play better than well!

Beautiful layout

Do not let D Beckham take over this pristine course.

We need green areas and not a jungle of cement.

No to soccer and yes to golf.

This is a beautiful course do not destroy our golf course.

Pace of play-Ranger

Played in a threesome behind a foursome of young men. They were decent players but incredibly slow particularly on the greens. By the turn they had a 2 hole gap in front of them. We waited on every shot. When asked they would not let us play through. Although we did see a ranger at the clubhouse, we never saw him on the course. I quit after 16 when they invited the cart girl to play the par 3 sixteenth hole with them. Their carts were stewn with beer cans. I spoke with the staff when done who justified their 4:45-4:50 round, saying they were regulars and it was the weekend. Not with a 2 hole gap in my book. The course was fine, but until they reel those guys and those like them in, it’s a bIg no go for me

Great condition, challenging and wonderful staff

This course just stays in great shape. From tee to green it is always like a private club. The course provides a great challenging with lots of water and sand and interesting holes. The staff are friendly and the food is worth trying.

First time experience non resident

starters were extremely rude, Course was fun to play and in great shape, we’ll worth it if you find a good deal (paid approx $80 for non resident on weekend).

Course did not honor Golf Now Rate

Confirmation #: 315084706. Course overcharged and refused to honor GN booked rate

Way better than expected!

I’ve seen the course 100 times and had low expectations based on the proximity to the airport was pleasantly surprised to play a championship golf course with perfect fairways and greens with lots of fun and challenging layout. I will certainly play against on my next visit. They also had some great deals on equipment/apparel in the pro shop.

internationallinks
Commented On 01/17/2018

Thanks for the review and we are glad to hear that you had a wonderful time at our course. We hope to see you again soon!

South Florida Favorite!

This is by far my favorite course in South Florida, and in my book this course is nicer than Doral Trump's Silver Fox and Red Tiger. I can definitely see why this was ranked as a top course in golfadvisor. It has a nice links feel to it but with the magic touch of South Florida. It's right next to the airport, and getting a chance to see jumbo jets take off right above your head is super cool. At first I was a little peev'ed that they put me in a tournament which I wasn't part of, which made the pace of play pretty slow, but then I realized I was playing with a great group of guys and the pace of play didn't matter at all. I'm glad they paired me up with locals and a staff member who knew the course layout to perfection and help me with my shot choices. The greens were immaculate and rolled true, though it felt impossible to sink putts. The fairways were in perfect shape and the tee boxes too. Overall this is a challenging yet beautiful course, thus probably why PGA Latinoamerica uses it as one its venues. I definitely recommend Melreese, and I definitely want to come back and play over and over again.

Terrible course

I got rained out after 3 holes and the terrible staff didnt provide a rain check!!! This is the worst course to play in sout florida with regards to staff. They said the course was in great shape but in fact was suuuper wet and by the time I requested a rain check they said good for you we are not giving you anything .

aorizondo15
Commented On 03/09/2018

I play International Links - Melreese on a regular basis. Seems to me your review was written out of anger. First and foremost, there is a large sign next to the cashier that says "No Rainchecks." Raincheck policies vary from course to course, but most in Miami do not issue rain checks given the suddenness and unpredictability of rain during the summer months. In addition, this golf course, like any other, will be wet when it rains, and nothing the staff does can correct wet conditions.

Melreese Rocks

Saved $60 on a weekend round through Golf Now. Don't let the price tag concern you--this course is extreme value for the money! Excellent practice facility with mats at one end and grass at the other. Realistic greens with pins on the range. Course is pretty straightforward and excellently maintained. Greens on the fast side for average player but fair. Speed of play was great this day in part because the carts are some of the fastest out there! Just an overall enjoyable experience and looking forward to playing there again..

Horrible experience

Online showed a bunch of afternoon tee times available however when we arrived there was a long line inside the shop. We had a tee time at 2 pm which turns out this course decided to have a tournament in the morning and the afternoon. Every hole was backed up with carts stopped all over every hole. We could not even finish our PAID 18 holes since when we finished the first 9 the starter told us that he's sorry but he had to put 2 foursomes in front of us that are part of the members tournament. Hole 10 was a circus with loud golfers cramming up the tbox. Biggest waste of money and a clueless staff ruined our afternoon. Won't be playing at this course again as this apparently is the norm!

First time player

Good experience. Well maintained. Excellent greens fir a public course

Not worth the money

My son and I paid $200 to play this course during twilight. We are not Florida residents. If you are not a Florida resident, I would not recommend you play this course, it is simply not worth the money and the course is not in the sort of shape you would expect for the money. The grass practice facility is barely average, but they gouge you on the price. The only good thing is has going for it is that it is located close to the airport. Save your money and play Crandon Park which is cheaper and a better course.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019