From the Steel City to the City of Brotherly Love, Golf Advisor raters played a lot of golf in Pennsylvania in 2014.
The top 15 courses in the state all earned scores of 4.25/5 or higher, and the top three made Golf Advisor's inaugural Top 50 U.S. courses in 2014, Jack Frost (no. 17), Quicksiliver (no. 35) and Champion Lakes (no. 37).
Jack Frost, located in the Poconos, earned high marks all year long, particularly in course conditions and staff friendliness, showing that management is firing on all cylinders at this scenic course set across 200 wooded, mountainous acres.
"Played for the first time two days earlier but enjoyed enough to go back again during our week in the Poconos," wrote Cam , a female golfer from the Boston area. "Wonderful mountain course that challenges but in a fair way."
You can view the rest of the state's best below, and click on each course to read specific comments on the experience.
Top 15 golf courses in Pennsylvania
Jack Frost National Golf Course
2. Quicksilver Golf Club , Midway
3. Champion Lakes Golf Club , Boliver
4. Links At Gettysburg , Gettysburg
5. Royal Manchester Golf Links , Mount Wolf
6. Golden Oaks Golf Club , Fleetwood
7. Pilgrim's Oak Golf Course , Peach Bottom
8. Wyncote Golf Club , Oxford
9. Lenape Heights Golf Course , Ford City
10. Bella Vista Golf Course , Gilbertsville
11. The Links At Spring Church , Apollo
12. Berkleigh Country Club , Kutztown
13. Warminster's Five Ponds Golf Course , Warminster
14. Galen Hall Golf Club , Wernersville
15. Hiland Golf Course , Butler