2.4

Olde Point Golf & Country Club sprawls across a rolling landscape covered with mature trees, sparkling blue lakes, and meandering streams. Native vegetation is abundant across the gentle hills. It is a course that is both scenic and challenging. Built in 1975, it opened to the public a year later although members enjoy guaranteed tee times. The many water features all over the course come into play frequently and there are also strategically placed bunkers lurking beside the greens. The doglegs are no easy feat either. From the championship tees, the golf course is a formidable test that requires well placed shots but the three other tees provide a gentler game that is more approachable for beginners. In addition to the golf course, Olde Point also has a grass driving range as well as chipping and putting greens.

Silver 72 5513 yards 67.8 118
Scorecard for Olde Point
Blue M: 74.2/136 400 196 364 560 394 372 446 504 167 3403 412 596 411 183 427 407 563 155 375 3529 6932
Gold M: 71.3/132 356 184 310 529 368 351 416 473 155 3142 394 583 350 134 373 373 534 143 360 3244 6386
White M: 69.6/127 347 169 288 500 354 339 390 454 142 2983 371 557 320 113 363 354 523 127 339 3067 6050
Silver M: 67.8/118 W: 72.8/127 317 169 288 433 354 276 331 454 142 2764 321 501 301 113 291 314 442 127 339 2749 5513
Red M: 65.6/111 W: 70.4/123 269 155 249 433 298 276 331 403 114 2528 321 501 221 98 291 314 442 116 273 2577 5105

Year Built 1975
Architect Jerry Turner (1975)

A great find

Very nice course. Greens were in great shape as well as the fairways. We had a foursome in front of us which slowed play a bit but finished in a good time. We decided about 3 holes in that we would most definitely play this course again.

Great Layout, Greens Need Work

The layout is fun and makes you choose the right club. You can not just pull a driver out on every hole but the par threes. The worst part of this course is their greens, BUT they are in the process of fixing the issue. I am not a member here, I just live close by and usually play this course once a month. (Side note)You can NOT walk the course unless you are a member.

Hot Round

First time on the course. Nice layout and good condition. Greens were good except for a few problem areas on a few greens. Little shaggy so very slow. Staff was very friendly. Enjoyed the day.

Best in Wilmington / Hampstead

Such a good course for the money. They have wonderful deals all the time. Green's have vastly improved over the last couple months. Great condition!! I wish they had better food options. But definitely a great course for anyone, local or visiting.

Thanks!
Dan

THIS IS A DO AGAIN

GREAT STAFF, COURSE IN GREAT SHAPE A COUPLE OF GREENS ON BACK NINE NEED REPAIR. VERY NICE FAIRWAYS. CANT WAIT TO PLAY ON NEXT TRIP TO BEACH.

Course is coming along

The front nine was in really good condition. A couple of greens and fairways on the back nine need some attention. I have play on this course a few times in the past year and I can see that work is being done. I really enjoyed my day playing golf.

Good

It was good course and I had fun. Pace of play was quite slow. Had already passed two groups of two by the time I had gotten to the 4th hole. Then I was stuck behind a foursome the rest of the time because they wouldn't let me play through. Over all it was a great course and beautiful day.

Poor weather

Winter Winds

Great course for the higher handicapers. Not easy [especially in the 20 mph+ wind I played in] but not overly challenging either. Wind really only effected about half the holes [other half sheltered]. Some water by very manageable; some sand but not overly trapped like some I have played in the area. I will definitely go back.

This course has great features

this course has great all around experiences from staff to course.

Nice layout. Some interesting holes

Even though the course was wet in some places due to rain the previous day, the fairways and greens were in very good condition.
We are planning to play the course again.

Fair

Was able to get 18 holes for $22. Was only able to play 16 before it got dark. Course was very wet, tee boxes were uneven, and good luck even trying to putt on those greens. It would be worth it for $18 for 18.

Good value, a little wet

Course is good shape for all the rain recently and was great value for the cost. Everybody there nice. Greens decent.

over charged

booked on line with golf now on line price was 24.00 per person got to course and they charged me 34.00 per person. when we got done with round pro shop was closed. not very pleased!!!!

Classic Course

The course has a great layout, very classic country club style course with tree lines and pretty views. It is evident that the condition of the course is a work in progress, and is being worked on, but I'm sure when all is finished the course will be in great shape. Staff was enthusiastic and friendly, the people in Hampstead in general are all friendly and helpful. Good experience overall.

Not bad

Before I played here the reviews were horrible, but I don't know what everyone was talking about. You can tell the course just had some construction with the greens. But for $20 you can't beat this course

Old World Charm

After reading the reviews on this course I was very hesitant to play it. I booked a hot deal for $21. Upon playing I was the only one (it seemed) to be on the course. Every one else was finished or on the back nine.
The greens were in fantastic shape. There were only 3 greens that were not in top shape, #9, #10, #11. That was easy to remember. The pin or cup location on these holes, made it easier, taking the bare spots out of line.
The old world charm of the trees, sand, and narrow fairways makes this course great. The friendly staff also helps... Definitely on my play it again list when I come to Topsail Island.
They are working on this course, 5 different mowers and 5 landscapers on my round. Everyone was friendly.

u000004596936
Commented On 04/20/2016

We play this course occasionally and for the past couple of years have come away, disappointed with the condition of the course. The greens were bumpy and infested with other grasses and the fairway;s were patchy and inconsistent. They always blame the weather or recent wind, rain or snow, but just down the road at Castle Bay the conditions are always great.

Not worth the money, even with "hot deal"

3 greens were under construction so they just killed some grass near the green and planted a flag in the dirt.

It was clear the entire course had not been mowed for a few days as the fairways were like the 1st cut of rough, the rough was inconsistent and deep in patches, and the greens were as easily navigated with an iron or wedge as the would be with a putter.

The guy at the golf counter was considering not letting us play because my playing partner didn't have a collared shirt which wouldn't have been so ridiculous had the course not been so poor. I considered leaving the course after the front nine and asking for my money back but as it was a golf now deal I figured I had no chance at that so we finished our extremely unsatisfactory 18.

Honestly the course should be $15.00 to be reasonable with the conditions and maintenence the course recieved.

Furthermore the clubhouse restaurant was not open when our round began after noon. All in all one of the most dissapointing Golf Now experiences I have ever had, and the most dissapointing "vacation golf" experience I have ever had.

Greens

Greens are in poor condition. Somewhat recovering.

Good old mature course

Good old mature course but the greens need a lot of work.

Hampstead, North Carolina