View from 18th at Harbour Town Golf Links at Sea Pines Resort

Style Links

The Harbor Town Golf Links is one of three 18-hole courses at the Sea Pines Resort. It is constantly ranked one of the best courses in the area and in the U.S. Pete Dye, with help from Jack Nicklaus, who designed the course and it is touted as one of his finest courses. The par-71 course covers 7,099 yards of flat terrain. Harbor Town's sloping greens are small and covered in Tif Eagle grass.

There are several challenging par 3s but the signature hole of the golf course is a tricky par 4. The infamous 18th hole is 458 yards that require a long tee shot towards the lighthouse. The breeze from the Calibogue Sound is definitely a factor in the difficulty of the hole.

The Sea Pines Resort - Harbour Town Golf Links

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Tennis

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 18

Great experience on a good course

Enjoyed getting to play a course I watch every year on TV but the conditions were only ok due to overseeding. Grass throughout the course was a little thick and putting was extremely slow. Obviously during regular conditions the course would be in top shape but during this time frame it not and the price should reflect that. Way to expensive during overseeding. The layout is fun but get able as long as you can stay out of the trees. Glad I played the course while in town but future trips I will skip it to play else where which are much cheaper.

What a great course and experience

Harbour Town lived up to its reputation- it was a fantastic course (for me #3 all time), challenging but fair, very scenic and each hole is a treat. One of the highlights of our trip was 3 rounds (also played the other 2 courses) with our caddie Rick P. I can’t say enough about how he enhanced our experience and enjoyment. When I go back to Harbour Town I definitely will request Rick for his reading of greens, course tips, but most importantly just being a great dude. Would recommend this course to everyone- has to be played.

Carts

For the money that we paid for our round, we would have expected a far superior cart fleet. The carts were no better than what you would find in a low end public course

Commented on 11/03/2020

I can understand your comment since I recently played the course as well. I had a similar thought but then asked myself, “Did you come for the golf or the golf carts?”
The carts are fine and do not disrupt the excellent experience of the course.

Required fore caddies

Our fore caddie was fine. Great guy, but I would have preferred that we had the option. He just showed up on the tee and we had to use him. To be honest, we did not need him and it was an additional $30 I did not want to spend.
Having said that, what a great experience. This would not keep me from coming back but should be by request.

Greens were in excellent condition, fairways only fair. Golf carts are pathetic for the price we paid, similar in to a cart you woul get at a second rate public course.

Great day, though it was cart path only. Tough course with excellent design.

What can I say, it’s HarbourTown

So this course did not disappoint me at all. Sure the weather was only in low to mid 50’s, but the sun was shining. Yes the cost to play here if you in fact pay full price, as I did, is high. I wasn’t disappointed and may play again if I can get a discounted rate. All said and done, you could spend just around $300 US with a forecaddie, per person. But it’s now off my bucket list and although I didn’t start off well, the day was all good. Pace of play was around 4-1/2 hrs for the first 16 holes, then it took almost 45 minutes to play the last two as it just got extremely slow (probably due to the photo opportunities). The course is tight in spots, but was in very good shape with the tourney only 6 weeks away.

First Time at Harbour Town

Our foursome really enjoyed our round here. We opted to walk and had two caddies that carried our bags for our group. If you're willing to pay the extra caddy tip money, walking is totally worth doing! I feel like we got to experience and enjoy the course more by walking. Note that if you have a big cart bag, the course will probably provide you a carry bag to borrow for the round so that caddies can carry it.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. They are there to make sure your experience is an enjoyable one!
The first 15 holes are a nice layout that culminates starting at 16 fairway with amazing views of the Sound. You'll want some pictures.
Fairways are narrow and tree lined and green complexes are tricky. The course is difficult, but we felt it was fair for all abilities. So bring a straight tee ball and your short game!

This course is amazing

First time playing at this course. I had a fantastic experience at this course. Great layout, challenging greens, and exceptional customer service. My forecaddie Randy gave helpful tips during my round and was a great guy to talk to. Unfortunately, the greens were just punched but they were still rolling pure. Even if your debating whether to play this because of the price, its totally worth it. This course is a must-play in Hilton Head and I plan on coming back in the future.

Worth the money

Although a little expensive, I found the experience well worth the cost. Very tight course with tree lined fairways, but fair. You just can’t hit a huge slice or hook. Greens were in great condition and rolling at around an 11 on the meter. Our caddie, Boyde (sp?), was great. Being a player himself, really helped us pick our clubs and areas to aim at. Very knowledgeable about the course. We didn’t get to use the clubhouse amenities due to the wives wanting to go out. Last four holes are beautifully designed and provide great views. I would totally recommend playing here and plan to return.

Wow.

The course was in absolutely pristine shape. The RBC Heritage took place a week earlier, which I'm sure helped.

Our family also received a discount by purchasing a "3-Pack" for all of the three courses at Sea Pines, which definitely helped with the high price tag that accompanies Harbour Town.

Our forecaddie helped, but the other players in our group complained that he didn't work very hard compared to other forecaddies. Regardless, having a forecaddie certainly helps with the pace-of-play.

The course is incredibly difficult, but it's hard not to enjoy playing such a beautiful and well-kept course.

Just a Joy

Only once before have I spent over $200 to play a golf course and that was Pebble Beach $500 10 years ago. Having watched the RBC Heritage on TV for many years I thought that $349 or $290 PM wasn't worth it but decided to bite the bullet and play. Good decision. TV does not do this place justice. Danny our fore caddie was excellent and really encouraged my wife. The course is immaculate and and the final 3 holes are well worth the wait but the rest of the course should not be underestimated. When you don't play that well but still fall in love with a course, you know it's special. Pete Dye Classic.

Simply the best on Hilton Head Island

The Harbour Town experience is top notch from the clubhouse to the first tee to the 18th hole with the famous red and white lighthouse in the background overlooking the sound. The course is known for its last couple of holes, but really the inland holes are just as interesting as they set up the fantastic finish. It has a great collection of par 3s, the par 5s are pretty good, too, and every par 4 is different. In other words, there's great variety. With greens on the smaller side, a good short game is a must, and you really do have to think your way around the golf course.

Awesome Experience

Playing at Harbour Town isn't just a round of golf but is an entire experience. Make sure you get there plenty early to walk around and take in the world class facilities (make sure to check out the locker room, coolest one I've been in).

You also can't beat the location, HHI and Sea Pines is one of the most special, beautiful, and peaceful settings you'll ever visit.

The course is beautiful, of course holes 17 and 18 are the most special but almost every hole is unique and memorable. Holes 13 and 14 are my other favorites. Best collection of Par 3's you can ever play. It is also the hardest course I've ever played because of the pinched holes with overhanging trees and the severeness of the bunkers, but it's all part of the experience. It's one of those courses that I'm more interested in taking in the scenery than worrying about my score, but getting a few pars and birdies is special there also.

Our caddy Zac was nice and knowledgeable and pleasant to be with. If given the option I'd pass on a caddy but I totally understand why they require them here, and it is a unique add-on to the experience. He was the best caddy we could have hoped for, keeping our round relaxed but moving us along at the same time.

This was my second time playing here. With the price point it's at, it's the kind of course I'd be willing to pay to play once every couple years. We paid $195 and I'm pretty sure that's the cheapest rate of the year. Please don't raise it much more because I'd love to play again in the future but not sure I'd pay much more.

Not worth the price

First, a beautiful course. Staff was very friendly. The problem is the caddie is not there so much to help you, but to get you off the course as fast as possible. It’s an easy course to walk but the pace the caddie pushed was too fast. He drug us along at 1.5 hours on the front nine. Play slowed on the back as we ran into other groups in the last two holes. Or pace was so fast that we waited for 30 minutes at the 17th tee and still no one behind us caught up. There was a youth tourney played on the back that day but if we had not been pushed at a 3 hour pace we would never of had to wait. Very disappointed that for that level of course and how much we paid to play it, that we were pushed that fast. Really didn’t get to enjoy the course as we should have. We also played the other sea pines courses. All staff very nice and Atlantic dunes was great, heron pointe had just been aerated but still a really nice course. I would play those two again but will not play harbor town again and would advise anyone going to Hilton Head to avoid harbor town. Many other great courses on Hilton Head less expensive and can play at a normal relaxed 4 hour pace.

Top 100

Pretty cool to play a course that is featured on the pga tour. Excellent design tight varied and hard! This is as challenging as it gets don’t let the lack of overall distance fool you. Lots of bunkers and trees. Top notch Dye design. Forecaddie was very good and fun. Knew the course well and excellent at reading outs which you will need. This course have almost 18 memorable holes not just hole 18 with the lighthouse

Nice course - over rated

The course was in great condition. The RBC heritage golf tournament was in two weeks. The setup for the tournament had a lot of stands around the greens, ruining what should have been nice views. Although caddies appear to be required, none were available (or wanted for the additional expense). A nice trek with only two possible water view holes. Narrow fairways and lots of sand. Nice course if money is no object.

Request A Vacation Quote From The Sea Pines Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at The Sea Pines Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Jan 01, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020