Style Links

The Harbor Town Golf Links is one of three 18-hole courses at the Sea Pines Resort. It is constantly ranked one of the best courses in the area and in the U.S. Pete Dye, with help from Jack Nicklaus, who designed the course and it is touted as one of his finest courses. The par-71 course covers 7,099 yards of flat terrain. Harbor Town's sloping greens are small and covered in Tif Eagle grass.

There are several challenging par 3s but the signature hole of the golf course is a tricky par 4. The infamous 18th hole is 458 yards that require a long tee shot towards the lighthouse. The breeze from the Calibogue Sound is definitely a factor in the difficulty of the hole.

The Sea Pines Resort - Harbour Town Golf Links

Year Built 1969
Fairways Celebration Bermuda Grass
Greens Tif-Eagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Pete Dye (1969) Jack Nicklaus (1969) Alice Dye (1969) MacCurrach Golf

Caddies Yes

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 18

First Time at Harbour Town

Our foursome really enjoyed our round here. We opted to walk and had two caddies that carried our bags for our group. If you're willing to pay the extra caddy tip money, walking is totally worth doing! I feel like we got to experience and enjoy the course more by walking. Note that if you have a big cart bag, the course will probably provide you a carry bag to borrow for the round so that caddies can carry it.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. They are there to make sure your experience is an enjoyable one!
The first 15 holes are a nice layout that culminates starting at 16 fairway with amazing views of the Sound. You'll want some pictures.
Fairways are narrow and tree lined and green complexes are tricky. The course is difficult, but we felt it was fair for all abilities. So bring a straight tee ball and your short game!

This course is amazing

First time playing at this course. I had a fantastic experience at this course. Great layout, challenging greens, and exceptional customer service. My forecaddie Randy gave helpful tips during my round and was a great guy to talk to. Unfortunately, the greens were just punched but they were still rolling pure. Even if your debating whether to play this because of the price, its totally worth it. This course is a must-play in Hilton Head and I plan on coming back in the future.

Worth the money

Although a little expensive, I found the experience well worth the cost. Very tight course with tree lined fairways, but fair. You just can’t hit a huge slice or hook. Greens were in great condition and rolling at around an 11 on the meter. Our caddie, Boyde (sp?), was great. Being a player himself, really helped us pick our clubs and areas to aim at. Very knowledgeable about the course. We didn’t get to use the clubhouse amenities due to the wives wanting to go out. Last four holes are beautifully designed and provide great views. I would totally recommend playing here and plan to return.

Wow.

The course was in absolutely pristine shape. The RBC Heritage took place a week earlier, which I'm sure helped.

Our family also received a discount by purchasing a "3-Pack" for all of the three courses at Sea Pines, which definitely helped with the high price tag that accompanies Harbour Town.

Our forecaddie helped, but the other players in our group complained that he didn't work very hard compared to other forecaddies. Regardless, having a forecaddie certainly helps with the pace-of-play.

The course is incredibly difficult, but it's hard not to enjoy playing such a beautiful and well-kept course.

Just a Joy

Only once before have I spent over $200 to play a golf course and that was Pebble Beach $500 10 years ago. Having watched the RBC Heritage on TV for many years I thought that $349 or $290 PM wasn't worth it but decided to bite the bullet and play. Good decision. TV does not do this place justice. Danny our fore caddie was excellent and really encouraged my wife. The course is immaculate and and the final 3 holes are well worth the wait but the rest of the course should not be underestimated. When you don't play that well but still fall in love with a course, you know it's special. Pete Dye Classic.

Simply the best on Hilton Head Island

The Harbour Town experience is top notch from the clubhouse to the first tee to the 18th hole with the famous red and white lighthouse in the background overlooking the sound. The course is known for its last couple of holes, but really the inland holes are just as interesting as they set up the fantastic finish. It has a great collection of par 3s, the par 5s are pretty good, too, and every par 4 is different. In other words, there's great variety. With greens on the smaller side, a good short game is a must, and you really do have to think your way around the golf course.

Awesome Experience

Playing at Harbour Town isn't just a round of golf but is an entire experience. Make sure you get there plenty early to walk around and take in the world class facilities (make sure to check out the locker room, coolest one I've been in).

You also can't beat the location, HHI and Sea Pines is one of the most special, beautiful, and peaceful settings you'll ever visit.

The course is beautiful, of course holes 17 and 18 are the most special but almost every hole is unique and memorable. Holes 13 and 14 are my other favorites. Best collection of Par 3's you can ever play. It is also the hardest course I've ever played because of the pinched holes with overhanging trees and the severeness of the bunkers, but it's all part of the experience. It's one of those courses that I'm more interested in taking in the scenery than worrying about my score, but getting a few pars and birdies is special there also.

Our caddy Zac was nice and knowledgeable and pleasant to be with. If given the option I'd pass on a caddy but I totally understand why they require them here, and it is a unique add-on to the experience. He was the best caddy we could have hoped for, keeping our round relaxed but moving us along at the same time.

This was my second time playing here. With the price point it's at, it's the kind of course I'd be willing to pay to play once every couple years. We paid $195 and I'm pretty sure that's the cheapest rate of the year. Please don't raise it much more because I'd love to play again in the future but not sure I'd pay much more.

Not worth the price

First, a beautiful course. Staff was very friendly. The problem is the caddie is not there so much to help you, but to get you off the course as fast as possible. It’s an easy course to walk but the pace the caddie pushed was too fast. He drug us along at 1.5 hours on the front nine. Play slowed on the back as we ran into other groups in the last two holes. Or pace was so fast that we waited for 30 minutes at the 17th tee and still no one behind us caught up. There was a youth tourney played on the back that day but if we had not been pushed at a 3 hour pace we would never of had to wait. Very disappointed that for that level of course and how much we paid to play it, that we were pushed that fast. Really didn’t get to enjoy the course as we should have. We also played the other sea pines courses. All staff very nice and Atlantic dunes was great, heron pointe had just been aerated but still a really nice course. I would play those two again but will not play harbor town again and would advise anyone going to Hilton Head to avoid harbor town. Many other great courses on Hilton Head less expensive and can play at a normal relaxed 4 hour pace.

Top 100

Pretty cool to play a course that is featured on the pga tour. Excellent design tight varied and hard! This is as challenging as it gets don’t let the lack of overall distance fool you. Lots of bunkers and trees. Top notch Dye design. Forecaddie was very good and fun. Knew the course well and excellent at reading outs which you will need. This course have almost 18 memorable holes not just hole 18 with the lighthouse

Nice course - over rated

The course was in great condition. The RBC heritage golf tournament was in two weeks. The setup for the tournament had a lot of stands around the greens, ruining what should have been nice views. Although caddies appear to be required, none were available (or wanted for the additional expense). A nice trek with only two possible water view holes. Narrow fairways and lots of sand. Nice course if money is no object.

Staff was wonderful, course was world class. Pace was a little slow, but not unexpected. Neil, our forecaddy was awesome. Read every putt he was asked to, located almost every errant drive (and there were plenty) and was very personable.
We got to play 2 days before the course was shut down ahead of the RBC Heritage, so it was in immaculate condition - greens were firm but read true.

Paid a premium, but got what we paid for.

Great Course - Memorable Day - High Cost

It’s always fun to play a tournament course....but at $290 a player, the cost is a bit steep. None the less, I wanted my son to have the experience. We were extremely lucky - weather looked a bit sketchy but it turned out to be 75 and sunny. As a result, we had the course to ourselves and played in 3.5 hours. Our forecaddie was great. Since we were not staying in a Sea Pines property, we paid full fare for the round. You can do better if you book a package but we only had one day. $175 - $200 a player would get the course more play. Conditions were great. Greens were fast and true. Having the course to ourselves made the round fantastic but if we had to experience the typical 5 hour resort corse round, my review would be a lot less favorable. Bottom line: Would I play again? Sure, but only if the rate was under $200.Any more than that and it’s not really worth it. By the way, it’s much better to walk here than ride in a cart - the course is flat and if you ride, it’s cart path only.

Grand Experience

Great time at Harbour Town, our forecaddie Andy from London was awesome....good company and a great help on the course with where to put the ball and in reading the exceptionally small, immaculate, fast and true greens. Trees come into play on every hole if you are not careful. A real golfing experience.

The Real Deal

We took a group of 16 to Harbour Town on our annual golf trip. The entire experience was first class! When we got there we had lunch in the clubhouse locker room overlooking the course. Food was really good. Practice facilities were great although I must admit first time I’ve ever seen a house within striking distance on a range.The course conditions were perfect 1 month before tournament. Also the stands were up which gave it a cool feel. It is a very tight course good layout with the last 6 holes being very memorable. Last two holes best on the course! My caddie Brock was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Rushed

I had a 1:30 tee time, I arrived at 12:50 so I would have time to warm up at the range, and putt on the putting green. I had hit about ten balls on the range when I heard someone calling my name. That’s when I was informed I’d be going off a lil early, and I asked when and the gentleman said “well actually now.” Which was around 1:15, I was informed my group was on the tee. Then I was notified we’d be playing the back first. I immediately left for the tee and the group had already left the tee and we’re in the 10th fairway, so I teed up and joined the group. I normally like to warm up, putt and make a bathroom run before I play, and I hate to be rushed in such a manner. The course was beautiful, Alex the fore caddie was great, and I’m not saying it ruined my round but, it was a little unnerving and thank God for the bathroom facilities on 13.

It's Harbourtown

Terrific course which ate me up due to extreme windy conditions. Course in excellent shape.

Great time at Harbor Town

My wife and I played Harbor Town while in the Savannah area. We looked at it as a once in a lifetime types opportunity. For the time of year, I thought the course was in great shape. The staff was very friendly all the way from the bag drop to after the round refreshments. The course is very difficult. It was made even more difficult by winds of 20-30 mph. The course demands precision with every shot. Each group goes out with a forecaddie, which is a big assist for finding balls, getting yardage’s, course tactics, etc. if you have the chance, it is worth playing at least once.

Request A Vacation Quote From The Sea Pines Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at The Sea Pines Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Feb 16, 2020