Smuggler's Glen Golf Course

Green (W) 72 4741 yards 66.3 124
Scorecard for Smuggler’s Glen Golf Course
Black M: 71.1/134 463 170 420 501 212 460 558 181 350 3315 149 426 259 549 409 450 128 310 608 3288 6603
White M: 69.5/126 W: 75.6/136 433 158 380 495 201 420 510 170 340 3107 138 414 240 526 362 416 128 305 565 3094 6201
Gold M: 66.8/121 W: 72.4/133 394 148 356 467 185 370 474 128 300 2822 130 396 219 503 349 385 110 294 492 2878 5700
Red M: 64.9/117 W: 70.0/129 386 121 342 420 150 345 436 107 288 2595 122 297 213 446 320 329 110 269 480 2586 5181
Green M: 63.2/109 W: 66.3/124 287 121 304 352 121 272 436 87 288 2268 122 297 183 446 290 329 88 269 449 2473 4741

Year Built 2005
Architect Boyd Barr (2005)

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Another great day

Day three. I cant get enough. Course conditions stay the same. Very consistent green speed three days in a row. Very seldom do i play the same course three times in a row. The course changed the pin positions and the tee blocks around nicely each day so the course played a little differently. I wish i was playing a fourth day. Good breeze each day. Some directional change but generally from the same direction. I realise that all golfers have course styles that they enjoy. For me. This style of course with no houses and mature trees separating most holes is what I like. If its what you like then Smugglers is a place.to play.

Eastern Ontario's Finest

Absolutely fantastic in all respects.

Ontario Advisor

Fun course in the Thousand Islands

I played this course on a frost delayed morning after Thanksgiving (Canadian). The staff were great at keeping us informed of the starting times and the free coffee helped keep me warm on the range, though did little to help my mediocre play.

Smuggler's is a lot of fun. Weaving its way around the Canadian shield, you get quite a Muskoka golf feel without the long drive up north and crazy prices. The rock and wetlands make for an interesting round as you have to play carefully to avoid bounces off the rocks and into the woods. The opening hole is a great example of the risk/reward of the course - hit it <210 off the tee to stay short of the rocks or try to carry it >235 to give yourself a short iron into the green on a par 5. Other great risk / reward holes include the par 5 4th, par 4 12th, and par 4 17th.

Conditioning was great - even late in the season. The range is ok - nothing special. The clubhouse is small, not grand, but provides a comfortable and friendly atmosphere. It's a walkable course - I did it without problem. There are some hills, but if you're used to walking, it won't be a problem - and it's far better than being stuck on cart path only.

This course belongs in the top 100 in Canada.

Cups at least 3 days old

I don't expect to pay over $80 and have cups that are at least 3 days old. Greens were okay except for damage caused by not changing hole locations often enough. This was once a well maintained course. There are too many well maintained courses in the area to have to put up with these conditions.

JasonSmugglersGlen
Commented On 09/06/2016

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience. I am not sure I can comment on the holes not being changed for three days. The issue may have been we topdressed that day and the lips were damaged. Staff is sent out to move holes the same day to correct this. Unfortunately we may have not caught up to you. Please feel free to email me at jason@smugglersglen.com to see if there is something I can do for you.

Great!

Great course! Love playing there. Definitely be back again.

Great view and design

If you want to golf a course with great views, an excellent design and great staff don't look any further. The first hole says it all with a great view of the St. Lawrence river as you are about to hit over a gorge that separates the tee blocks from the fairway. It is a challenging course but all abilities can enjoy this gem. The grounds crew keeps it in phenomenal condition and the staff are very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this course if you are in the gananoque area or are willing to travel. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Excellent course, great shape.

We loved this course but when we arrived at the 11th tee we found there was a 4 some and 2 2-somes ahead of us and people coming up behind us. We chose this time to quit. All well and good we had a great hot deal

Will definitely go back,

Amazing experience

This is by far the best course I've ever played. The course is challenging yet fun to play. Each hole is visually pleasing. The staff is very helpful and friendly. A must play!

Great course, great vistas

First time at Smuggler's and loved the course. Almost every hole was a delight to just look at and calculate your shot options, target etc, Opportunities for lay ups and going for it. In general, it is a target shot golf course but I did not find the fairways punishing narrow. Actually, many holes are quite open. Lots of exposed rock to see. I will play again for sure.

Good value

Course was in good shape ..we teed off at 720 in a twosome and we're done at 1030!!

Staff are accommodating, professional and easy going.

This was the 1st time for my friend, but I played here a couple times. I only get out a couple times a year. The course was in great condition for October. Staff are super cool, marshall's nice and friendly. Atmosphere provides the ultimate experience for the average golfer, to the seasoned golfer. Thank you Smuggler Glen for a fun day.

Not fun

No Rangers. Groups in front stuffed up every green near cup. Bunkers had many rocks in them and few were raked. It took 5 hrs to play which is not acceptable. Checked with starter before teeing off he said it was running at 4 hrs. We caught 4 groups of ladies on the third hole who should not have been out there. Best shot seen would have been less than 50 yes

JasonSmugglersGlen
Commented On 10/30/2015

Hi Larry, Sorry I am so late getting back to you. We do our best to keep pace of play moving however it was a very busy day as were sold out until your 1:20 Tee time. If you recall what traps you had issues with please email directly at jason@smugglersglen.com and we will do our best to correct the issue. Your feedback is appreciated and we can not correct any issues if we are not aware of them. Thank you. Jason Boyce Director of Golf Operations

awesome course

very impressed with course been a while since ive played there but has improved a lot since last time I played

Spectacular senery

Course meanders through the hills of bananaquit. Tight fairways require a straight shot off the tee. Greens rolled true not too undulating for straight putts. All in all an excellent experience. My only complaint was that I paid for a full cart even though I was a single rider. I defininetly will return.

Nice

A very nice course. Worth playing. You must drive the ball pretty straight off the tee. Lots of trouble all around. Not a walkable course. Too much up and down with elevated tees. Depending on where you are from it can be a long drive for one day.

Great Experience

Great experience. Worth the drive from Ottawa. We will go back.

Every hole is pretty

My favourite course in eastern ontario, well worth the drive fro ottawa

Best course in the area

Love this course - the setting and conditions are always amazing. Playing here just makes you feel good about life. One of the best features is the range of tee boxes - I am a 20 handicap player and played with my 12 year old son and we could both find suitable tee boxes. The course has enough challenges but if you can hit it straight then you can score well for sure. And if you can't, just enjoy the beauty of it and don't keep score :-)

Stunning

perfect in almost every way. I cannot think of a flaw. Perhaps a tad too difficult, but then again if played from the correct tee blocks, not too bad.

Not a walking course

I would not walk this course unless you are extremely fit! Lots of hills! A very picturesque course. A couple of tee boxes could have better direction and some paint to signify the Different tee boxes would help. Otherwise the course is fantastic.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019