Year Built 2012
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Architect Ben Crenshaw (2012) Bill Coore (2012) MacCurrach Golf (2012)

Caddies Yes

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Amazing Food 7
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 13

I had a complimentary round from my stay at the resort, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The course is amazing. Most every tee shot makes you have to think about what you want to do as there are hazards all over the place. The course conditions were perfect and I don't think a blade of grass was out of place. The greens were immaculate, and held every line. Some of the bunkers were a bit bare, but the reality is that you need to hit fairways if you want to score. I've played a bunch of really great courses, and I can't think of one that is better than this one in terms of design, set-up , and conditions. Just awesome.

Streamsong is highly recommended

We took a guys golf trip to Streamsong and played all three courses. This is a golf destination...and a great one at that! These courses provide a great variety of layouts with outstanding views and a challenge of your skills. I highly recommend a trip to this beautiful resort.

Unbelievable Experience

Just returned from a trip to Streamsong and played all the courses. We play red first. Staff and caddy were great. Course is unlike anything I ever played. Challenging but very fair. Pace of play was bit slow but not horrible. Caddie tried to talk us into the shorter tees, but once we all hit it about 270 plus from the black tees, he didn't say another word about tee boxes. Greens were fast. Coming from Michigan and not ever playing bermuda fairways, chipping and pitching took time to get used to. Overall, a great experience at Streamsong. But be prepared to do a lot of walking and be prepared for some hot temperatures, depending on when you play.

Hardest of the 3

I love the Red, and for me, it's the hardest of the 3 Streamsong courses. It's flatter than the Blue and the Black, and that includes the greeens. Crenshaw/Coore were dastardly in their design, however. While the other 2 have fairways that almost allow you to hit your tee shot anywhere, they placed fairway bunkers that force you to hit it on one side or the other. If you don't, you will probably end up in a bunker. Pick the wrong route and the hole plays harder than if you pick the correct one.

Wow!!

What a feast for the senses... all I can say. This is a true resort course with the player in mind. The layout, staff, conditions, all exceeded expectations. Shout out to Brian my caddie as he was invaluable in course knowledge and friendly banter throughout my round, my score would have easily been 10 strokes higher without him.

"Hey, Lama..."

Got a couple friends together to bite the bullet and play Streamsong Red on my birthday. Overall great!
We got there early to take in some of the amenities, but that was a mistake- if you're only going to play the course there's no reason to go any earlier than you would to your local spot. Pro shop, bar and restaurant, driving range, putting green. That's all there is.
The property is very unique. High dunes, high grass, lakes and wildlife. Very cool, especially if you like taking pictures.
Staff, at first, was very friendly- Carmen the starter was super cool and even made sure to run back to the clubhouse and get me a Happy Birthday coin.
Our forecaddie had great course knowledge, accurate yardage, and changed our minds on a few putts with the correct line. He gave me a tip on the Par 4 3rd hole and I holed out for my first Eagle on a par 4. -he knew his stuff.
Only problem I had was that he never asked if we wanted to pull the pin, he left us stranded a time or two 50yds away from the cart, and once or twice he'd walk out leaving us to rake a bunker. It was super hot out, so none of this was a huge deal until we got to the cart return.
Tipping the caddie is at the discretion of the players, and all over the place they suggest $100 tip for a 4some. We pulled cash together and on 18 we gave him $135. When we got in, he jumped off the cart and sat there watching us unload our gear and clean out our stuff. He didn't help. He didn't clean our clubs. But he did have the nerve to walk up to the other cart and ask the other guys "was the tip given for everyone?" suggesting that we stiffed him.
Maybe I'm wrong, but $135 was well over 20% of our round, and 35% more than suggested- plenty sufficient I think.

Overall the course is great and it is worth experiencing once. I think this course would be fairly priced at $80-$90 for Floridians (before the mandatory caddie fee) - All in all we payed $170 each, which according to our caddie must have been a good deal.

Georgia Advisor

Awesome Course - Beautiful setting and scenery.

This was my first time to Streamsong. It was an amazing place in the middle of nowhere with nothing close by.

I like when you pull up to the bag drop area, you can valet park your vehicle if you choose. All the facilities are top notch. Excellent practice area for all you clubs. Make sure to practice your short game and long putting.

The Red Course is one of the nicest links courses I have played. It was fantastic. As with a links course, there are tons of slopes, undulations, mounds and humps everywhere (greens, fairways, etc.) There terrain is very natural and amazing. The bunkers are a true challenge and the bunkers are everywhere.

I am sure you will love the Red course, just as I and many, many others who have written reviews. There is a reason it is rated in the top 100 courses in the U.S.

Streamsong Red was totally enjoyable. There is a wide variety of holes, beautiful scenery, and a wonderful layout. Course was in great shape.

Favorite Course at Streamsong

I had the chance to play Red again as part of the Golf Advisor Getaway, and this recent round confirmed my love for this course. In my opinion, Red is by far the most scenic course at the property, and the routing makes you think your way through each hole. Also, the greens are certainly not small or flat, but they're much easier to navigate than Blue & Black. Another Coore Crenshaw masterpiece!

Pennsylvania Advisor

A Fan Favorite

The Red Course was the third and final course we played as part of The Golf Advisory Golf Getaway. It was worth the wait. Our threesome was the first group out at 7:30, and we buzzed around in 3:50! This Core/Crenshaw design was my favorite (and most everyone I asked) of the three Streamsong. With picturesque vistas, the course was right in front us, with the exception of one par 5 guarded by a huge sand dune.

My only knock on the course (and on all the Streamsong courses) was the depth of sand in the traps. In most cases the sand was very deep and not well manicured. A few of the traps had been washed out by rain.

N Y N J Advisor

Outstanding golf holes that flow nicely in a great natural setting

I very much like and would recommend all three Streamsong courses, and I rank them: 1. Red, 2. Black, 3. Blue. The Red Course is one of the finest I have played. It is pitch perfect with its flow, setting, challenges, and variety. It feels like a great walk through a distinctively natural property with wonderful golf holes. It has excellent fairway movement with angles off the tee and bends and twists. Very fair width of the fairways, interesting green shapes and sizes, several beautifully nestled into dune settings. Great use of sand and brush as waste areas in certain parts of the property. Nice use of water in a way that is part of strategy without overwhelming any hole. Great mix of long and short holes, several blind shots, elevations. The bunkering is artistic yet natural-looking. Hazards are expertly placed to make you think through your shot selection. Greens are challenging to read but not tricky, with nice banks and rolls, some subtle and others more apparent, and several greens boomerang around a trap. The course has one outstanding hole after another. The Red is a strategic and visually memorable journey.

In my rankings of the on-course food shack options, the brisket sandwich on the Red is great and comes in second to the grouper taco on the Blue. But smelling the smoked brisket as you walk from tee to green on Red 8 adds to the experience!

Texas Advisor

Better Hope Your Driver Came to Play

The best putter in your foursome will likely favor the Black course while the precision driver will like the Red and the precision iron player will like the Blue.

This course off the tee is an absolute test of someone’s ability to keep the ball in play while hitting all 9 golf shots (draw, straight, fade and then high/normal/low for each). If you find the fairway off the tee then this course becomes much more manageable as Coore and Crenshaw leave a bailout option on every green (or at least near it). Such options do not exist off the tee. Pick a line you can make and then commit and execute off the tee.

This course is a phenomenal blend of architecture with birdie holes followed directly by absolute gut punches in the routing. Further, the back 9 is something like 600-700 yards longer than the front so get your birdies early and then hang on.

Tip: if you aren’t taking a caddie then bring a range finder because bunkers that look in play are easily carryable and those that appear out of reach can easily be found with a driver kicking off a downslope and then funneling into bunkers.

Golf Channel

Coore & Creshaw's Red

The Red Course was the last on the list of our "Streamsong Triple" weekend. It was described to me at the tightest driving course with the least severe greens of the trio. I would agree with all of those notes and would also include that I found it played the most difficult track from the black tees (one up from the back). The Red Course also sports some really difficult par 4 holes, including 6 holes over 400 years, most of which felt like they played uphill and into the wind.

The Red has a tremendous vistas overlooking the property. I haven’t played a lot of Coore & Crenshaw designs in the past, but I’ve read and listened to a lot of podcasts on the subject of golf course architecture. I would say that the Red would be the course that you would want to take the better player or golf architecture fan if you only had one round at Streamsong. The course shares similarities with Tom Doak’s Streamsong Blue in that the round begins in the natural areas including lakes, tall grass and massive dunes (from the phosphate mining) on the front 9 and more meadow-style open back 9.

This was a fitting finish to the our weekend. The course was in excellent shape and along with the Blue and the Black make for an wonderful experience and unlike anything you’ll find in Florida.

Great sense of a unique place

Amazing landforms, entirely unlike indigenous Florida,. Course starts out very interesting but only concern is string of long, receptive holes at start of back nine.

A scenic, entertaining walk

The course lives up to all the praise and high ratings it has received. It’s a challenging but not outrageous layout, that mixes the scenery, elevation changes and just good solid golf hole design. You’ll see elements of their work at Pinehurst #2 with the sandy edges of fairways and very puttable approach areas around the greens. Greens are more subtle than their Blue and Black cousins, but there are more forced carries. Highly recommend taking a caddie.

Golf Channel

After my second round on the Red Course, I am still looking for redemption. The course was in fantastic shape. I have never played in as much wind as I did that day. It was actually playing into the putts which made it difficult. I don't need any help missing putts! I always enjoy my experience at Streamsong as this was my fourth visit to the property. Hoping to play the Black course in the near future. Must see Resort! The rooms are phenomenal.

Great Golf Course with Scenic Views

I played all three golf courses at Streamsong and the Red course was my favorite. The layout and scenery is terrific and the greens are not as difficult to read compared to the Blue and Black greens. The course is a good challenge from the combination tees. Fore-caddie Bud was awesome. Highly recommend this golf resort which is out in the middle of nowhere.

Great Streamsong track

We played the Red course on Twice in our short trip. We chose the combo tees and weren’t disappointed. Even from the estimated 6300 yds it was a solid test. The architects used elevation changes and existing dunes to frame the holes and create target lines and depth. After playing the Blue and Black courses, we thought that the greens on Red were the most fair and least undulating. The nines are definitely different in their level of difficulty with the back nine being the more challenging. It was a course which, if played well, invites you back and if played poorly pulls you back for another try.
Kudos go to the golf staff, caddies, bag drop attendants, shuttle drivers(Mercedes vans-great touch), restaurant staff and the nicest front desk staff we have experienced. Everyone was personable and friendly and genuinely committed to serving their guests.

Virginia Advisor

C&C golf at its finest

The Red course at Streamsong by Coore & Crenshaw is subtly different than its sister (Blue). With generous fairways golfers of all abilities should enjoy making their way around the Red course. One key difference between the Red and Blue are on the greens. My personal opinion is the Red greens are more subtle in nature than most of the Blue allowing for a few more long putts to roll in...assuming you can find the right pace and line. There is plenty to admire on the course from the massive dunes to a few enormous bunkers.

The "signature" par 3 is number 16. A Biarritz green on steroids...easily 170 over water, the green is ~70 yards front to back with an equally enormous swale in the middle. Just an awesome hole.

Request A Vacation Quote From Streamsong Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Streamsong Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Bowling Green, Florida