Waverly Oaks Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect Brian Silva (1998)

Dress code Collared Shirts or turtlenecks are required, No jeans, No cutoffs, No tank tops. Shorts should be walking shorts, No gym shorts, No bermudas.

Best course around!

This course is elite in all the right ways. Make sure to warm up at the complimentary range and roll a few putts before heading out. Each hole presents a new challenge and will have you digging through the bag. Beautiful looks from the tee, plush fairways, and fast greens will remind you why you fell in love with this sport in the first place.

Commented on 10/17/2019

We know we have done our job at Waverly Oaks when the course reminds you why you fell in love with golf. Glad you had a great round with challenges along the way. We look forward to your return.

Great layout greens were in great shape and fast was a wet day but was a great and enjoyable day

Commented on 10/14/2019

We are thrilled you had a great first time experience at Waverly Oaks. Thank you for the 5 star review!

beautiful

Beautiful course in great condition. Love the layout rolling greens will definitely be back it was my first time in my playing partner’s first time loved it beautiful beautiful course

Commented on 10/14/2019

We look forward to having you back! Glad you enjoyed the course and its varied layout.

Beautiful Course

This is my favorite course in upper Cape Cod area.
It is really a joy to play. The grass is lush on the fairways and the greens are amazingly good.
Your fee for the round include all the extras you find at premium courses: arrival assistance, a bucket of balls, GPS on cart, snack bar on 7 and 14 (same snack bar) and water on many holes.
There is a restaurant upstairs in the club house and a well equipped snack bar downstairs, plus a big pro shop.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Thank you for the great review! Waverly Oaks works diligently to make every golfer's experience a great one. We look forward to having you for another round when you are in town.

Great golf course

had a great time playing this course in spite on a lite mist for 2 hours, just disapointed could only get a cold sandwich to eat after play

Commented on 10/14/2019

Glad that you could enjoy your round in spite of the weather conditions. We regret that you did not get experience the Waverly grille as it would have capped off your round. The grille is usually open unless course play is extremely light. Hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Thank you for recommending our course. We are glad you had a great day.

Great course, worst staff

This is the second time we’ve run into an issue with the staff here. We were in the first fairway when the starter skidded his cart between us and said “the rules here are that we don’t go off until the starter says so!” We sat in silent shock and had no idea what he was talking about. I offered that the starter did in fact tell us to go as someone did on the teebox. He responded that that person wasn’t the starter and that he’d been “reprimanded.” I suppose we were thrown off by the fact that the guy we thought to be the starter was dressed in a Waverly Oaks uniform and acting like a starter. If they’re having trouble making sure the proper person is at the proper post I don’t think we should have to deal with being yelled at. Those two things don’t seem to track. After we showed him our cart slips and tee time receipts, I think he realized that we were just doing what we thought we were supposed to do, but he never like apologized for the misunderstanding, which I found odd because we were apologizing profusely and hadn't done anything wrong. It's a great course, unreal layout and in great shape - greens were running like 10-11, it was magical. But definitely don't plan like an outing or anything like that here, any time that you have to deal with the course staff you're taking your life in your hands! Pinehills is right across the street and they always seem to value you over there so that'd be my recommendation.

Commented on 09/27/2019

We are glad that you felt our course was "magical" on your day of play. Waverly Oaks always strives to make everyone's golf day special. We do apologize for your experience on the day you played. We have discussed the situation with the appropriate employees. Although not communicated correctly to you the starter in the cart was concerned as you party teed off ahead of your scheduled tee time and he was working diligently to keep the pace of play on track as we had a very full tee sheet. We have received so many complements on our staff that we regret your situation did not live up to our standards. We would be glad to have you back again.

Windy and in the low 60’s

Staff was attentive and helpful. Course was in very good shape. Besides the weather the only other down side was that the snack shack was closed on this particular day.

Commented on 09/24/2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the day. Sorry that the snack shack was closed when you played. We always put a sign out in the golf shop when that happens so players can get drinks, snacks and sandwiches to take on the course. We look forward to your return for another round,

Hidden Gem

I have played most of the courses in and around Plymouth, so I had high expectations before arriving . From the starter to the pro shop, all staff are very attentive to you, and do all they can to make your day at Waverly Oaks enjoyable. The course has the rolling hills and well manicured greens I expected, fairways in great shape also. Well worth the ride to South Plymouth from greater Boston, a true “Hidden Gem”!

Commented on 09/10/2019

We are glad that you had high expectations before you played and that we were able to meet them! Waverly Oaks strives to make the golfers experience a memorable one on all levels. Our staff works diligently to make your time enjoyable so that you will be planning your next visit before you leave..

Commented on 09/10/2019

Thank you for the 5 stars. We hope to see you for another round soon.

Fun & challenging course.

Par 3 200+ yard & elevated green on the other side of mountain....
Par 5 17th hole called Infinity...
It was one of the best course I played!

Commented on 08/28/2019

We are thrilled you had a great first experience at Waverly Oaks. The course can challenge players on many levels yet be forgiving. We trust that you will join us again soon for another round.

Another fabulous time there...

Clubhouse staff was efficient and accommodating. Butch at the bag room ant Kathy at the bar were fabulous. Course is in great shape and super value for the money,

Commented on 08/28/2019

Michael, thank you for the great review and mentioning our staff. They strive to make sure each golfer feels special when they choose to play at Waverly Oaks. We will pass your comments on to them and look forward to your next visit.

Plays Twice a year
Commented on 08/28/2019

Thank you for the 5 stars and glad you enjoyed your day.

Nice Course. One of the Better Ones in MA

Ist time playing and it was a very good experience all around. Greeting staff, pro shop staff, and starter were all extremely friendly and welcoming.

Small bucket of balls with greens fee for driving range for warm up. Thumbs up here. Practice green right next to 1st tee, which is very convenient. Practice green also has some areas of elevation changes, which is good for practicing challenging putts. Thumbs up here too.

Tee boxes, fairways, and greens were in very good to excellent shape. the rough on the fridge of the fairway was a little high (5 in and thick). Balls were more difficult to get loft and distance, especially if the ball was buried. I wish it was cut about 1/2 inch or so shorter as I think that would have made it more fair.

Course has a lot of terrain and many holes require good club selection and thinking. All the holes have names, which is cool. Greens played true and somewhat fast but had subtle breaks in some directions. Challenging, but not unforgiving.

The course winds around and at holes 7 and 14 (where the front and back 9 intersect) there is a snack shack with food and drinks for purchase and bathrooms. Nice touch here.

Fairways rolled well, but it had rained recently and there were some damp/soft areas.

Course has electric carts with GPS. Plus here, but several times we were in what I thought was an okay area on or next to the fairway and the cart started buzz and go into limp mode telling us to return to the cart path. Frustrating sometimes. I don't think that the option of walking is permitted and you would be nuts if you tried with the course terrain.

Despite us going off relatively early (8:06 AM), we did 18 holes in 4 h 20 min with several minutes on many holes. Tee off times were 9 minutes apart. I will say the foursome in front of us got in the rough many times, so that may have had an influence. 4 h would be a decent pace of play for this course, with he terrain, and how it is spread out.

At $105/pp (full price at peak times) I think it is pricey. If you can play for less than $85, I think that is a very fair price and very much worth it.

The on complaint I have (minimal) was the lack of water coolers on the course. They had one I think at Hole #5, and I assume you can get water at the Snack Shack, (#7), the club house (after #9), again at the snack shack (#14) and then at #17. The problem with the clubhouse (after #9) is that you have to drive off of the course to get to it. Maybe a cooler at #11 or #10 would be better. Not a deal breaker, but something to be aware of if you play when it is hot.

OVERALL RECOMMEND as it is one of the better conditions courses in Eastern Mass and the Cape.

Commented on 08/28/2019

Thank you for a very in depth review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your first time out at Waverly Oaks. We work hard to make sure that every round is memorable for each guest and that they look forward to playing again. Hope to see you in the near future.

Commented on 08/28/2019

Dave, thank you for the 5 star review and we look forward to having you again for another great round.

Commented on 08/28/2019

We are glad that you came out to Waverly Oaks for the first time and enjoyed your experience. We look forward to your return visit for another round.

Commented on 07/17/2019

Glad you had a excellent day on the course. We look forward to your return for another great round.

Commented on 07/11/2019

We appreciate the 5 star review! We pride ourselves on making the best possible golf experience for your customers. Looking forward to your return for another round.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020