Waverly Oaks Golf Club
Green (W) 72 6182 yards 74.7 132
Scorecard for Championship Course
Black M: 74.0/129 339 427 234 529 531 445 434 207 369 3515 421 391 329 537 184 474 636 251 376 3599 7114
Gold M: 72.3/124 W: 76.9/137 325 394 191 502 515 432 410 184 353 3306 386 372 311 512 163 449 606 221 356 3376 6682
Green M: 69.4/121 W: 74.7/132 301 377 152 490 495 391 378 169 316 3069 358 336 294 502 139 413 577 161 333 3113 6182
White M: 65.3/113 W: 68.8/120 249 328 115 406 379 274 315 101 264 2431 264 271 238 401 117 339 473 139 257 2499 4930

Year Built 1998
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect Brian Silva (1998)

Dress code Collared Shirts or turtlenecks are required, No jeans, No cutoffs, No tank tops. Shorts should be walking shorts, No gym shorts, No bermudas.

Plays Twice a year

Nice Course. One of the Better Ones in MA

Ist time playing and it was a very good experience all around. Greeting staff, pro shop staff, and starter were all extremely friendly and welcoming.

Small bucket of balls with greens fee for driving range for warm up. Thumbs up here. Practice green right next to 1st tee, which is very convenient. Practice green also has some areas of elevation changes, which is good for practicing challenging putts. Thumbs up here too.

Tee boxes, fairways, and greens were in very good to excellent shape. the rough on the fridge of the fairway was a little high (5 in and thick). Balls were more difficult to get loft and distance, especially if the ball was buried. I wish it was cut about 1/2 inch or so shorter as I think that would have made it more fair.

Course has a lot of terrain and many holes require good club selection and thinking. All the holes have names, which is cool. Greens played true and somewhat fast but had subtle breaks in some directions. Challenging, but not unforgiving.

The course winds around and at holes 7 and 14 (where the front and back 9 intersect) there is a snack shack with food and drinks for purchase and bathrooms. Nice touch here.

Fairways rolled well, but it had rained recently and there were some damp/soft areas.

Course has electric carts with GPS. Plus here, but several times we were in what I thought was an okay area on or next to the fairway and the cart started buzz and go into limp mode telling us to return to the cart path. Frustrating sometimes. I don't think that the option of walking is permitted and you would be nuts if you tried with the course terrain.

Despite us going off relatively early (8:06 AM), we did 18 holes in 4 h 20 min with several minutes on many holes. Tee off times were 9 minutes apart. I will say the foursome in front of us got in the rough many times, so that may have had an influence. 4 h would be a decent pace of play for this course, with he terrain, and how it is spread out.

At $105/pp (full price at peak times) I think it is pricey. If you can play for less than $85, I think that is a very fair price and very much worth it.

The on complaint I have (minimal) was the lack of water coolers on the course. They had one I think at Hole #5, and I assume you can get water at the Snack Shack, (#7), the club house (after #9), again at the snack shack (#14) and then at #17. The problem with the clubhouse (after #9) is that you have to drive off of the course to get to it. Maybe a cooler at #11 or #10 would be better. Not a deal breaker, but something to be aware of if you play when it is hot.

OVERALL RECOMMEND as it is one of the better conditions courses in Eastern Mass and the Cape.

Commented On 07/17/2019

Glad you had a excellent day on the course. We look forward to your return for another great round.

Commented On 07/11/2019

We appreciate the 5 star review! We pride ourselves on making the best possible golf experience for your customers. Looking forward to your return for another round.

Commented On 07/11/2019

Thank you for your review and well look forward to your return for another round

Nice overall golf environment

The course is fun to play. Each hole is quite different and you can make it as easy or difficult as you want based on tee selection. Course is in very nice condition. Greens have improved very nicely since earlier in the year, except for the first hole, so don't let that hole make you assume the rest of the greens are that bumpy. Just about all the other greens are in great shape. Excellent pace of play. A great value in the Plymouth area.

Commented On 07/05/2019

Thank you for your review and your enjoyment of the diversity of play at Waverly Oaks. We appreciate your assessment of the improvement of our greens.
We look forward to your return for another round.

Frequent Player

Waverly Oaks is my go to golf course play there 20-25 times a year fairways and greens always in fantastic shape they had some minor issues with greens early in year but didn't really affect playability..

Commented On 06/28/2019

Thank you for making Waverly Oaks your go to course! We look forward to seeing you throughout the season.

Great course, greens are in rough shape.

Great course, greens are in rough shape. Apparently they had some type of frost problem over the winter but the green surfaces are putting like they have been aerated. Probably won’t go back until I know the greens are better

Commented On 06/27/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our course. Waverly did experience winter damage. We regret you were disappointed with the greens as many players have commented on the huge improvement over the last month. We hope you will be back in a couple weeks to give us another try.

One of the Top Courses in the Area

I love this golf course, I guess it just “suits my eye” but I find it to be a perfect blend of golf. Each hole is unique and has its own name which is pretty cool. Plenty of tee boxes and challenging shots but at the same time very fair golf that doesn’t punish good shots. Short and long par 5s, a drive-able par 4 12th, dangerous par 3s, lots of risk/rewards. Well maintained course, some of the greens are a little bumpy. The staff is very friendly and does a good job. Complimentary range balls, grass range, nice snack shack in the middle of the course that intersects 4 holes. The golf carts are so amazing, very comfortable leather sofa like seating, gps with scorekeeping and food/beverage ordering. I am so glad I finally got to play here and now I will be a regular because this is a great course where I play my best golf.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are looking forward to a great summer season at Waverly Oaks Golf Club and your return to play again.

Father Day Experience

Great layout good challenge super staff. FIRST TIME PLAYING the golf course would highly recommend it. I will definitely be back.

Commented On 06/25/2019

We are glad you have a great Father's Day at Waverly Oaks. We look forward to your return to enjoy the course again!

Greens were in terrible shape

For $95.00 I expected perfection the greens were bumping it was like playing winter golf. It’s ok to have problems but it should reflect in the price.

Commented On 06/25/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Waverly Oaks has been diligently working to improve the greens and we have made great progress in the last 10 days due to optimum growing conditions. We look forward to your turn in the future to experience the difference.

Great course, lousy greens

Beautiful course and layout.... greens were in very poor condition as the ball bounces on every put. Not worth $100

Commented On 06/25/2019

We are glad you enjoyed the course and the layout. We have gained significant improvement with our greens in the last 10 days due to perfect weather conditions for growing. We look forward to you joining us again to experience the difference.

Disappointed that I had to 25.00 pay for my husband to ride in the cart with me. He doesn’t golf. I’ve never heard of that before

Commented On 06/25/2019

We regret that you were disappointed with the fee for you husband to ride. Waverly Oaks has a no spectator policy that is listed on our website. As a courtesy we allowed your husband to ride and the fee covers not allowing another golfer to take the spot.

Lost Greens !!

Greens in poor condition. Tee Boxes fair Fairways very good. Starter said greens in bad shape because of winter???

Commented On 06/25/2019

Waverly's greens have improved dramatically since you played and we would like you to give us another try to see the difference

Commented On 05/29/2019

We appreciate your 5 star review and hope you will join us again.

Best Public Course On South Shore!

I have lived in area for over 20 years and Waverly Oaks is best public course available. Design is excellent with all holes being highly distinctive. Multiple tee boxes allow you to play it as easy or difficult as you want to. Great set of finishing holes as well (#14-#18) where a lot can happen. #17 Par 3 always fun as well as a challenge. For the money, I think it's the best value around this area. Restaurant is nice and serves good food and staff is always friendly. People compare it to Pine Hills but I think it is much better than those courses and less crowded..
- Dave

Commented On 05/14/2019

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are glad that you enjoy the diverse playing options at Waverly Oaks. Our goal is to make each players experience unique and enjoyable.

4.6190571429