Waverly Oaks Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect Brian Silva (1998)

Dress code Collared Shirts or turtlenecks are required, No jeans, No cutoffs, No tank tops. Shorts should be walking shorts, No gym shorts, No bermudas.

Windy and in the low 60’s

Staff was attentive and helpful. Course was in very good shape. Besides the weather the only other down side was that the snack shack was closed on this particular day.

Hidden Gem

I have played most of the courses in and around Plymouth, so I had high expectations before arriving . From the starter to the pro shop, all staff are very attentive to you, and do all they can to make your day at Waverly Oaks enjoyable. The course has the rolling hills and well manicured greens I expected, fairways in great shape also. Well worth the ride to South Plymouth from greater Boston, a true “Hidden Gem”!

Commented On 09/10/2019

We are glad that you had high expectations before you played and that we were able to meet them! Waverly Oaks strives to make the golfers experience a memorable one on all levels. Our staff works diligently to make your time enjoyable so that you will be planning your next visit before you leave..

Commented On 09/10/2019

Thank you for the 5 stars. We hope to see you for another round soon.

Fun & challenging course.

Par 3 200+ yard & elevated green on the other side of mountain....
Par 5 17th hole called Infinity...
It was one of the best course I played!

Commented On 08/28/2019

We are thrilled you had a great first experience at Waverly Oaks. The course can challenge players on many levels yet be forgiving. We trust that you will join us again soon for another round.

Another fabulous time there...

Clubhouse staff was efficient and accommodating. Butch at the bag room ant Kathy at the bar were fabulous. Course is in great shape and super value for the money,

Commented On 08/28/2019

Michael, thank you for the great review and mentioning our staff. They strive to make sure each golfer feels special when they choose to play at Waverly Oaks. We will pass your comments on to them and look forward to your next visit.

Plays Twice a year
Commented On 08/28/2019

Thank you for the 5 stars and glad you enjoyed your day.

Nice Course. One of the Better Ones in MA

Ist time playing and it was a very good experience all around. Greeting staff, pro shop staff, and starter were all extremely friendly and welcoming.

Small bucket of balls with greens fee for driving range for warm up. Thumbs up here. Practice green right next to 1st tee, which is very convenient. Practice green also has some areas of elevation changes, which is good for practicing challenging putts. Thumbs up here too.

Tee boxes, fairways, and greens were in very good to excellent shape. the rough on the fridge of the fairway was a little high (5 in and thick). Balls were more difficult to get loft and distance, especially if the ball was buried. I wish it was cut about 1/2 inch or so shorter as I think that would have made it more fair.

Course has a lot of terrain and many holes require good club selection and thinking. All the holes have names, which is cool. Greens played true and somewhat fast but had subtle breaks in some directions. Challenging, but not unforgiving.

The course winds around and at holes 7 and 14 (where the front and back 9 intersect) there is a snack shack with food and drinks for purchase and bathrooms. Nice touch here.

Fairways rolled well, but it had rained recently and there were some damp/soft areas.

Course has electric carts with GPS. Plus here, but several times we were in what I thought was an okay area on or next to the fairway and the cart started buzz and go into limp mode telling us to return to the cart path. Frustrating sometimes. I don't think that the option of walking is permitted and you would be nuts if you tried with the course terrain.

Despite us going off relatively early (8:06 AM), we did 18 holes in 4 h 20 min with several minutes on many holes. Tee off times were 9 minutes apart. I will say the foursome in front of us got in the rough many times, so that may have had an influence. 4 h would be a decent pace of play for this course, with he terrain, and how it is spread out.

At $105/pp (full price at peak times) I think it is pricey. If you can play for less than $85, I think that is a very fair price and very much worth it.

The on complaint I have (minimal) was the lack of water coolers on the course. They had one I think at Hole #5, and I assume you can get water at the Snack Shack, (#7), the club house (after #9), again at the snack shack (#14) and then at #17. The problem with the clubhouse (after #9) is that you have to drive off of the course to get to it. Maybe a cooler at #11 or #10 would be better. Not a deal breaker, but something to be aware of if you play when it is hot.

OVERALL RECOMMEND as it is one of the better conditions courses in Eastern Mass and the Cape.

Commented On 08/28/2019

Thank you for a very in depth review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your first time out at Waverly Oaks. We work hard to make sure that every round is memorable for each guest and that they look forward to playing again. Hope to see you in the near future.

Commented On 08/28/2019

Dave, thank you for the 5 star review and we look forward to having you again for another great round.

Commented On 08/28/2019

We are glad that you came out to Waverly Oaks for the first time and enjoyed your experience. We look forward to your return visit for another round.

Commented On 07/17/2019

Glad you had a excellent day on the course. We look forward to your return for another great round.

Commented On 07/11/2019

We appreciate the 5 star review! We pride ourselves on making the best possible golf experience for your customers. Looking forward to your return for another round.

Commented On 07/11/2019

Thank you for your review and well look forward to your return for another round

Nice overall golf environment

The course is fun to play. Each hole is quite different and you can make it as easy or difficult as you want based on tee selection. Course is in very nice condition. Greens have improved very nicely since earlier in the year, except for the first hole, so don't let that hole make you assume the rest of the greens are that bumpy. Just about all the other greens are in great shape. Excellent pace of play. A great value in the Plymouth area.

Commented On 07/05/2019

Thank you for your review and your enjoyment of the diversity of play at Waverly Oaks. We appreciate your assessment of the improvement of our greens.
We look forward to your return for another round.

Frequent Player

Waverly Oaks is my go to golf course play there 20-25 times a year fairways and greens always in fantastic shape they had some minor issues with greens early in year but didn't really affect playability..

Commented On 06/28/2019

Thank you for making Waverly Oaks your go to course! We look forward to seeing you throughout the season.

Great course, greens are in rough shape.

Great course, greens are in rough shape. Apparently they had some type of frost problem over the winter but the green surfaces are putting like they have been aerated. Probably won’t go back until I know the greens are better

Commented On 06/27/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our course. Waverly did experience winter damage. We regret you were disappointed with the greens as many players have commented on the huge improvement over the last month. We hope you will be back in a couple weeks to give us another try.

One of the Top Courses in the Area

I love this golf course, I guess it just “suits my eye” but I find it to be a perfect blend of golf. Each hole is unique and has its own name which is pretty cool. Plenty of tee boxes and challenging shots but at the same time very fair golf that doesn’t punish good shots. Short and long par 5s, a drive-able par 4 12th, dangerous par 3s, lots of risk/rewards. Well maintained course, some of the greens are a little bumpy. The staff is very friendly and does a good job. Complimentary range balls, grass range, nice snack shack in the middle of the course that intersects 4 holes. The golf carts are so amazing, very comfortable leather sofa like seating, gps with scorekeeping and food/beverage ordering. I am so glad I finally got to play here and now I will be a regular because this is a great course where I play my best golf.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are looking forward to a great summer season at Waverly Oaks Golf Club and your return to play again.

Father Day Experience

Great layout good challenge super staff. FIRST TIME PLAYING the golf course would highly recommend it. I will definitely be back.

Commented On 06/25/2019

We are glad you have a great Father's Day at Waverly Oaks. We look forward to your return to enjoy the course again!

Greens were in terrible shape

For $95.00 I expected perfection the greens were bumping it was like playing winter golf. It’s ok to have problems but it should reflect in the price.

Commented On 06/25/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Waverly Oaks has been diligently working to improve the greens and we have made great progress in the last 10 days due to optimum growing conditions. We look forward to your turn in the future to experience the difference.

Valid dates: Sep 16, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020