Year Built 1970
Architect Nicholas Psiahas

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2014 #3)

Junior Golfers 6

New York Advisor

A Great Place...

...for beginners. A short course with tight fairways. Long par 3's. It was fun. A great place to work on your game. The greens were the best part, smooth, well kept and just enough undulation to keep it interesting

Nice and easy course at Rolling Greens. The price is unbeatable. The fairways and greens are in pretty good shape. My only complaint was the hornets nest in one of the bunkers. Staff is nice.

A Fun Little Course

Only par 65 due to only 2 par 5's and 9 par 3's. Most of the par 3's are long though making it tougher than you might expect to score well in relation to the 7 strokes lower than average par.

Greens were in very good shape and ran remarkably true. Fairways are in better condition than most; many are very narrow. I used to live in the area, played this course 30 years ago, and the narrow fairways were no big deal as the trees lining them were saplings. Now, I am back for a visit, and they are fully grown and can make you pay for errant shots.

Pace of play is great.

A much better course than 30 years ago. I totally agree with what the guy in the pro shop told me, "It's a fun little course."

Tight fairways, fast greens and loads of Par 3's!

Well maintained course with small fast greens. No real rough but the narrow fairways require caution off the tee. Six par 3's on the back 9 slowed play but still finished the round in 3 1/2 hours. Great course for new golfers that may loose interest on a longer full length golf course. We will return again in the future.

Well maintained, great pace and inexpensive!!! A+

Hardly want to get the word out on this one. Should really just keep it to myself. This short 18 hole corse is an excellent find. Inexpensive, quick pace of play and well maintained. Greens are a little tricky and fairways somewhat tight but you usually have an option. I can usually get a full 18 completed in under 3 hours. Actually had a few 2 hour and 20 minute rounds. Really a good place to work on your game. I recommend a try.

good course for the price

The course is in good shape,bunker sand rather hard and the fairways are thin which make second shot diff icult,last 3 holes are par 3's. but for the 10 dollar fee it made for a nice round of 79.

Hot Deal gone great

Got this outing at a great hot deal. Staff didn't seem to happy about it and there wasn't much of a staff to begin with. Greens are fair. Maintenance people will proceed to work during play. Overall I would go again regardless of hot deal. Pretty good bang for your buck.

great value.

Tough to get to but worth the drive for the value.

Great greens and value

Great for beginner, very friendly and you are not rushing

Small course but fun.

Course was small 9 par threes but you use every club. Fairways and greens in good shape.

Good Value

Rolling Greens is significantly shorter than a lot of courses my group plays. With that being said it is a very good value and the course was in good shape. The pace of play is usually good which is tough on Sundays in North Jersey. Overall I would say it's a great course for the price but needs a better food and beverage service.

Nice value course, good for all levels

Let me start out by saying, I played this on Labor Day so I did not get a deal on my tee time. In my personal opinion, this course is only worth about 40 bucks max, including cart. If you can get a hold of a hot deal for 10-20 bucks, this place is 100% worth playing. It's pretty well kept but there's no drink cart and no food there other than chips and snacks.

As far as how the course played - it was not very challenging outside of a couple dog legged holes. The greens were well kept but pretty easy for the most part and the fairways were kept in nice shape. However, the sand traps were hard as could be and soaking wet. There was a lot of dew that moring so it's hard to say if they're always like that. A lot of the par 3s were long and pretty challenging, some over 200 yards.

This place is nice for beginners and intermediates because there's just not many places to lose a ball. I played solo but there was a foursome in front of me that was playing absurdly slow - no rangers in sight. I know it's supposed to be a longer game with 4 people but there people were taking over 20 minutes a hole so i skipped one hole and played through.

Good practice

This course is great if you want to work on your longer irons and woods from the tee. I wouldn't say it's an overly difficult course, but some long par 3s. The price is fantastic, but they over watered the greens and trying to play quickly before sprinklers get you isn't fun.

Great gem for beginners in North Jersey

This is a great course for someone begining golf and not looking to lose a bunch of balls in the process. Well manicured course, clear sights for the most part, not very hard to play on. Definitely going again possibly with the wife even.

Will be back!

This is a great course for practice play and to have a fun round of golf. I pull up and see the course empty! (6am Monday morning) but am greeted with a smile! I took the cart out by myself and enjoyed my round. It took me about 2 hours and 15 minutes to complete all 18! I would have finished faster but the sprinklers kept me from teeing off when I wanted to.

All in all the course is in pretty good shape. A few holes have the tee boxes chewed up, but the greens are great! I have not played this course before, but when I go back, and I will, I will know where to hit my shots and how long. I feel the yardage markers may be a bit off. (I doubt I can hit my 8 iron 170 yards, because it said the green was 140 and i put it over the green and into the water)

Not bad course. Tees are close to green so be careful, but a great place for beginners and intermediate players alike!

Great for the price

This course is a great value for the cost compared to other courses in the area. The fairways and greens are well kept and the pro was friendly. I'm going back again this week for another round.

There's some tricky par 3's that make this shorter course challenging.

Great Public Course!

I am still new to golfing, but this course was fantastic. In talking to the guys at the pro shop, they said that they recently took down over 100 trees and it really plays well, it's very open. They also recently redid their sand traps.The greens were pretty fast but i really loved this course, the fairways were a little more on the narrow side but I had an absolute blast playing this course. It was my 3rd time out and I only lost 5 balls. I'll call that a win, every day.

great time

don't let the par for the course fool you tight course long par 3's greens and fairways in good condition

Nice day

Great day nice family owned country course in nice shape greens well cared for very nice price

Nice value

Great short course. Able to hit many different clubs off each tee. Greens in great shape. Tight fairways which is expected with a shorter layout. Nice value.

Newton, New Jersey
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
Hamburg, New Jersey
Branchville, New Jersey

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.