A view of the 3rd green at Twelve Stones Golf Club.

Twelve Stones Golf Club (formerly known as Twelve Stones Crossing) sprawls across rolling hills, making the golf course known for its dramatic elevation changes. An even lie will be hard to find and golfers will also have a few blind shots in store for them. The undulating terrain makes for some difficult holes but it serves another, more player-friendly purpose of providing scenic respite with idyllic views of the surrounding countryside. The greens are lightning fast, but they roll true and there is rough bordering the well-manicured fairways. There are also several bunkers strategically placed throughout. It is a golf course that is challenging but still fun to play, a statement that holds true for a wide range of skill levels. Given the versatile design and affordable rates, Twelve Stones Golf Club is a popular venue for tournaments and outings.

Twelve Stones Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Bill Bergin

Carts Yes - included in green fee

If you haven't played it lately........

I was a little skeptical about 12 Stones from reading past reviews. But I took that the most recent reviews were on an upward trend to be a good sign and I'm so glad I did. Course is a very fun layout for all skill levels 5 different tee choices. Fairways are in great shape Greens are fast and undulating. No bunker play due to Covid Carts are like new with an excellent GPS monitor. Sandtraps, the club house tavern, is excellent. Had a great time. Will definitely be back!!

Beautiful course!

We were recommended to try out this course from a friend. We were very happy with our experience. Course was beautiful and very well kept. Highly recommend to others.

Impressed

I write a pretty critical review probably last summer after a really bad experience. I’m here to say that I played today and this course staff deserves a round of applause. This course really was unplayable last summer. I suggested they just close the course, let it heal, and try again. The fairways and rough were the same. The greens were cratered, bare in spots, tee boxes just mud, course was packed and took 6 hours to play.

Not today. Today, the fairways are beautiful. Greens are much better. Tee boxes, better. 15 minute tee time slots are HEAVEN. Please don’t be greedy and go back once this COVID quarantine is over. I’m a 5 handicap; I know the difference between playing a tough course and playing a course whose conditions make it tough. I used to think 12 Stones was the latter. This course is tough, and it was fun. Thank you!

Reviews were WAY off

This course is in EXCELLENT condition. The only green with any physical problem is the 18th. Every other green was as good as it gets. The fairways are enormous, each hole is challenging and unique, there are stunning views on most of them, there are great water features, the staff is wonderful, the carts are brand new with GPS, the driving range is great, I don’t have a single complaint about this place. I definitely need to get better but this is a great course. Give it another chance. The new owners have done a great job according to many of these other reviews that said this place is trash. It’s so not. We will play here again for sure.

Twelve Stones is back

Very good conditions. Friendly staff. Pace of play was decent. Greens were very fast and rolled nicely. I’ll definitely be back for more!!

In great condition

The current owners of this course have upgraded it dramatically. It is in the best condition of any course I have played this spring.

An intimidating visual gem!!

I’ve played this course for many years under a few different owners. The folks who are running the course now have done and are doing a phenomenal job of getting this course back to pristine condition. I’m a single digit handicap who enjoys having to play different shots!! This course requires fades, draws, high and low shots, and if you’re not careful you can definitely leave yourself the occasional chip out and take your medicine!! Course conditions for this time of year are phenomenal!! Definitely will be playing this course again soon!! We’re even looking into joining the place!! Keep up the good work 12Rocks!!!

The comeback kid

I normally do not write reviews however the super and his staff should be applauded bringing this place back to life. The course was rough several months ago but now the greens are smooth, all bare spots are gone and the fairways are striped. The carts even have gps now. Bunkers are still rough however that is a non issue to me.

First Time

Nice course that seems to have been upgraded over the treats. Not A long course but it does present some challenging shots.

Pace of Play

Course was in great shape for February. However, pace of play was absolutely horrific. Spread tee times out, and charge more if need be, will not return here unless this improves. My 3-some, which often can get in under 3 hours, took over 5 hours for this round. Horrible horrible horrible pacing.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Hello, Ben9020658. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

best layout in Nashville area

best layout in Nashville area - condition a lot better than the last time I went. traps need work. great value

Damp, but course was in decent condition

It was cart path only and damp/cold out. Taking that into consideration, it was still a fun round of golf. This course plays much different when its wet and plays much longer. We enjoyed the day and the course was in good shape.

Getting much better

Coming along nicely, rough conditions kept me away for most of the year. This will be a regular once again for me.

Commented on 01/16/2020

Thank you for the 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Plays Twice a year

First Time Playing - Great Course

This was my first time playing this course due to the poor reviews I’ve read over the years - but it’s clear that whoever has taken over has really turned things around. The others in my group who had played here before said this was the best they’ve ever seen it. Fairways were in great condition. Greens were great and extremely fast when compared to other courses in the Nashville area - my only complaint would be pin locations as some were cut in locations that would rival the US Open. Range and chipping area were great for warming up. Will definitely be playing again.

3.4208470588