Twelve Stones Golf Club

Twelve Stones Golf Club (formerly known as Twelve Stones Crossing) sprawls across rolling hills, making the golf course known for its dramatic elevation changes. An even lie will be hard to find and golfers will also have a few blind shots in store for them. The undulating terrain makes for some difficult holes but it serves another, more player-friendly purpose of providing scenic respite with idyllic views of the surrounding countryside. The greens are lightning fast, but they roll true and there is rough bordering the well-manicured fairways. There are also several bunkers strategically placed throughout. It is a golf course that is challenging but still fun to play, a statement that holds true for a wide range of skill levels. Given the versatile design and affordable rates, Twelve Stones Golf Club is a popular venue for tournaments and outings.
Red/Gold/Senior 72 5344 yards 66.1 111
Red/Gold/Senior (W) 72 5344 yards 67.1 113
Scorecard for Twelve Stones Crossing
Black M: 73.1/123 537 439 392 321 594 166 391 196 435 3471 427 206 538 379 347 198 534 365 400 3394 6865
White M: 70.7/121 W: 71.7/123 476 380 345 275 551 141 345 163 370 3046 365 157 463 329 295 164 497 318 378 2966 6012
Red/Gold/Senior M: 66.1/111 W: 67.1/113 447 334 324 214 499 109 304 146 343 2720 348 132 444 290 245 138 448 278 331 2654 5374

Year Built 1999
Architect Bill Bergin

Carts Yes - included in green fee

12 Stones

Good course with a great driving range. Nice restaurant with a good selection .

Fairways were in need of sunshine, but were well manicured.

Commented On 2019-02-04T21:05:05.000+00:00

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Commented On 2019-02-01T20:16:44.000+00:00

Thank you for the great feedback mettylite! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Solid

12 Stones greens are in the best condition I’ve seen them in awhile. The layout is always challenging and I love to play here. A few dislikes are the ball washers being busted and the lack of a practice putting green. Other than that, keep up the good work fellas.

Commented On 2018-12-28T18:34:23.000+00:00

Cool weather but an enjoyable outing

Nice driving and chipping area - needs practice putting green

Commented On 2018-11-27T21:18:54.000+00:00

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #TwelveStonesGolfClub. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

12 Stones

Beautiful day, course was in good shape considering the recent frost had knocked some of the luster off the greens and fairways. Still has some bare spots in some fairways but course has taken steps to improve this problem. Speed of greens was fast and you could let a putt get away from you if you did not factor this in. Played on Tuesday at 11:30 and course was not crowded. Never had to wait on any hole and people behind us were playing at the same pace we were so did not feel rushed. A very enjoyable day of golf. Would recommend this course if you like "mountain style" golf but if you are a flat land golfer, it can eat your breakfast. Beautiful views also.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 11/02/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving us a raving review. We're glad you had a great time out on our course. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Great bargain, people, and nice course

Second time we played this course in three years as we pass through the area. Start was delayed due to heavy frost, but all worked out and we were not rushed nor held up at all.

Challenging course for an 18 handicap, but fair.

Can’t beat the rates.

Will play here again.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 11/02/2018:
Hi David, Thank you for leaving Twelve Stones Golf Club a four-star rating. We're glad you had a great pace of play and look forward to you playing our course again.

Wife shot career best

Course isn't perfect, but neither is my game. Interesting layout, and good challenge.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 11/02/2018:
Hi George, Thank you for providing your feedback and would like to apologize for our course conditions. But glad you liked our course layout, value for the money and the pace of play. We glad you took on a challenge and applaud you for it!

Not Worth Your Time

Nice clubhouse and friendly staff. The course is in horrible condition. The height of the grass on the greens is what a fairway should be. Extremely patchy and lots of cut grass blown onto the greens, essentially creating speed bumps

The fairways were in poor condition as well. Can’t count how many times I had to move my ball to a decent area of grass to hit my shot because the fairways were blotchy

Luckily people let us play through, otherwise we were on pace for a 5 hour round

The houses on the course were gorgeous, thought that would translate to a course that parallels the real estate. Clearly not the case.

I should’ve taken my $45 and gone to the bar instead

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 11/02/2018:
Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We would like to apologize for fall short of your expectations and will address your comments with our management team. In order to make improvements. Please allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

Mjbeard - Twelve Stones

The greens and fairways were in very good conditions. Improvements to the cart paths are ongoing with new cement to improve the access to the tee boxes and greens. I would highly recommend this facility and return to play 18 holes again.

Commented On 2018-11-08T14:41:08.000+00:00

Hello, Thank you for leaving Twelve Stones Golf Club a 4-star rating. We are making improvements to the course. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented On 2018-11-08T14:41:38.000+00:00

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback.

Greens were, in a word, abysmal

First off: I know that keeping greens growing in this part of the country is difficult, but these were some of the WORST greens I've played. I can imagine that under better conditions, this course would be a solid round, as I've read the reviews, and talked to locals. So, this might be just temporary, but there's no way I'd pay to play on those greens again.

Having said that, I will say that the course staff was EXCELLENT. The range area was adequate, the track was fun/unique, and I can certainly imagine how with better course conditions, this would be a gem. We actually came off the course because of weather and the staff was excellent.

Wishing better things for this place as the staff certainly seems to deserve it and the course would probably be great with improved conditions!

Commented On 2018-11-08T14:43:45.000+00:00

Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We would like to apologize for course conditions and are taking steps to improve our course. Please allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

Challenging course - great staff -

Driving range is nice and the chipping green is a good addition. Practice putting is still a little rough - good to see a number of bunkers filled in - remaining bunkers need to have more sand and less dirt/rock or eliminated. Nice to see the improvements to the cart paths. Saw a good improvement to the conditions of fairways - the roped off areas to redirect cart traffic seems to be helping

Looking forward to the rumored sports bar to be added.

Thanks

Commented On 2018-11-08T14:45:29.000+00:00

Hello, We value your feedback and would like to apologize for our course conditions. Yes, we are making improvements to our course. Thank you for your business and allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

Poor Management

Checking in was great, at the first tee, we have four players??? playing out of three bags. Definitely slow but got better as we pushed them. We had three players. At the turn, you had to go through a construction area to get to bathrooms and up to the front desk to get a drink. The player we were with was purchasing a Beer from the cooler and the middle aged manager) ( pro ? ) would not sell it to him without him returning to his cart to get an ID, not an easy task,, and he is 65 ! I offered my ID and bought the beer for him. On the back side the groundskeeper on the mower offered no respect while we were hitting shots and at one point I am on the Tee box hitting my drive and he comes right over the Tee Box mowing it at the same time.Thumbs down to that and it all should go right back to the management.

Commented On 2018-11-08T14:47:35.000+00:00

Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback and would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations. Your comments will be addressed to our management team. Please allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

Disappointed

I’ve had several people tell me to play 13 stones. So I was kind of excited about playing it. Played on a Saturday and the course was busy. Now, I understand the marshal trying to get everyone Thru so they can play. But we hadn’t even located our ball from our first shot and they allowed the group behind us to tee off. Actually I’m pretty sure they made the guys tee off by the way we were told to, when it was our turn. However we didn’t. We waited and the marshal kind of got a little mad about it. So we took our time addressing the ball slowly. Anyway. For $45 you would think the greens would have been in MUCH better condition. The very first hole had a tire track ( of you picture the green as a clock) had a tire track at 7 o’clock stretching all the way to 10 o’clock. Had several sprigs of weeds in it making for a very rough line to the hole. There were about 12 holes with weeds and one hole didn’t have ANY “green” grass on it at all. It was dirt and sprigs of weeds. I believe that was hole 12 or 13. But can’t remember. It was by far the very worst hole on the course. Several other holes had bald spots and it looks as bad f no one repairs their divot made on the green. And at the counter they have a bowl with FREE divot tools. People were taking the tools but looks like no one was using them. I know I repaired about 50 divots thru out the game. Only about 4 were mine. The marshal came by telling us to speed up our game, but we were being held up by the group in front of us. So there was no way we could without hitting into them. EVERY single tee box you almost needed a drill to get your tee in the ground. It was so hard and compacted that it took at least 30-45 seconds to get your tee in the ground. I hate having to fight to get my tee in the ground. The cart we had, had it’s issues as well. The bag strap was so tattered I couldn’t get the latch to feed into the latch lock. My partners strap was the same way. Smelled gas the whole time, so I believe we were leaking gas for it to have been that strong of a smell. The course layout was a good design. And I really think if they were to close down for about a month and put a little money into the place it could be great. There was no snack bar. They only had pre-packaged cold sandwiches to eat $3.50 ea. And no beer allowed from what I understood. I don’t drink beer anyways but I know a lot of people do. The driving range needs a net on the right side because it’s right next to the first hole and there are several golf balls in the fairway. So you’d need a orange ball on the first hole so you can determine which ball is yours. They use yellow and white practice balls on the range. The range itself is deep and somewhat wide. But they really need a catch net on the right side. There were 2 holes that had very clumpy sand. So good luck hitting out of the sand on those two if your ball goes into the trap. The rest of the disaster was my faulty game. But mix it in with everything else and it just all added up to a very disappointing trip.

Commented On 2018-11-08T14:50:59.000+00:00

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take your feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback.

Fun course and improving

Fairways are great but some holes they are trying to fix dead spots. . A few holes greens are being enlarged which makes sense cause they are toughest. Once again fix your divots.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 08/01/2018:
Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We will address your comments with our management team. Please allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

Nice course for my location

Great layout. Great views. Good course for my location.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating. We are pleased to hear that you loved our course layout and awesome views. Book your next round with us soon.

I enjoyed the course very much, the greens could have been a bit better but overall I enjoyed the day.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We would like to apologize for our course conditions. Please allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

Good

They are working hard in bringing the course back. Greens in solid condition. Fairways are getting there. Sand traps have a lot to be desired. In 2 months this will be a steal for the price n

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 07/20/2018:
Hello Alladdin, Thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating. We are making improvements to our facility. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon.

Course was in good shape with some bare spots in fairways but signs were posted asking you to go around them while they were in the process of recovery. This was not an issue as they were small spots. Pace of play was excellent as we played in the afternoon and course was not crowded , All in all a very enjoyable course to play and we really enjoyed the round, It is a challenging course but very enjoyable to play. Hit good shots and you are rewarded, hit bad shots and it can bite you. A fair course to play.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 08/01/2018:
Hello, We are glad to hear that you had a great pace of play and enjoyed our friendly staff. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon.

Challenging

I love this course. Others may not but it is very challenging cant wait for new bar and dining area.

Response from Twelve Stones Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Hello, We applaud you for taking on a challenge. We're super excited about the bar and dining area as well. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon!
Hendersonville, Tennessee