Smyrna Golf Course - Regulation Course

Smyrna Golf Course
Orange 72 5283 yards 65.1 108
Orange (W) 72 5283 yards 69.7 115
Scorecard for Smyrna Golf Course
Blue M: 70.7/119 503 182 373 485 171 397 356 399 417 3283 304 542 329 519 187 401 432 143 361 3218 6501
White M: 68.6/117 482 167 349 469 153 380 341 384 346 3071 289 509 314 503 173 383 374 133 327 3005 6076
Orange M: 65.6/108 W: 75.7/128 466 156 274 459 124 307 328 329 295 2738 262 444 303 465 162 333 307 121 307 2704 5442
Red W: 66.0/110 426 109 200 380 118 257 304 223 259 2276 224 377 260 416 137 279 271 118 281 2363 4639

Year Built 1960

Clubs No

Slow play!

Staff thought they were doing me a favor by playing there.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 09/18/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on our pace of play and staff and we escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.

Staff is great greens & Fairways are good. Warning

Don't miss the fairway it will take a search party to find the ball and you odds of hitting it good luck. Rough is ridiculous .

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 09/07/2018:
Hello Dblbogie2, thank you for taking the time write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our fairways and found our staff friendly. We also appreciate your feedback on the length of the rough. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Smyrna 9/11/18after

After playing 18 holes with a time booked on GolfNow we inquired about playing an additional 9 and were told it is normally $11 but since we booked on GolfNow it would be the regular 9 hole rate of $20. A note to course manager/owners. If the business relationship between you and GolfNow is proving not to be beneficial then you might want to reconsider. I have met individuals that I continue to play with that have booked on GolfNow and we play several times a week While some of the discounted tee times at less busy hours may not be as lucrative as regularly booked rounds they serve an important function in building “course loyalty “. Making GolfNow customers feel less valued figures heavily into where I will book my foursome (or more) next time.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 09/18/2018:
Hello Wellsburg1, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback and we escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we value your feedback.

Needs Work

This course could be great but they always seem to cut the fairways to short. Greens are always in great shape. The staff is friendly but it is a little pricey for the course. The biggest complaint is the pace of play. It is slow so be prepared for a 5 hour round. They have a marshal but all he does is ride around looking for golf balls. He never tells the slow group to speed up. If you want to play in 4 hours or less do not play here.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 08/29/2018:
Hello TennesseeTbone, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the pace of play and we escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we value your feedback.

Course in great shape

As apparent in the title the course is in as good shape as I can remember. It’s not a hard course which suits be just fine sometimes. Keep up the good work!

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 08/01/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had a great golf experience. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Caters to Men

Been playing on a ladies league at Smyrna for 6 years. This year it seems to be a problem getting us out on the course. Example: letting public tee times go off too close to our appointed time. It has been frustrating and discouraging to me. I don’t feel welcome there. Did I say our league also puts on the largest ladies tournament in middle TN there every May, raising money for Rutherford county charities like Wounded Warriors. So long, farewell, I’ll go play somewhere else!!

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 07/16/2018:
Hello stwhaley, thank you for the three-star rating. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and found our staff friendly. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon.

This is what happens

I play this course every Tuesday morning in a senior golf men’s league. This course is in the worst shape i have ever seen in my 13 years of playing here. The cost is low but unfortunately they don’t have the staff onboard to keep it up. The greens are so-so and the fairways are green in some places. There is a lot of dirt and rock where there needs to be grass. As for off the fairway is cut grass clumped up everywhere. It’s awful and slows down pace of play. You can loose your ball in an instant. Everyone in my league has something bad to say about the shape it’s in. Smyrna needs to get a grip before it’s too late. I’d hate to see this old Air Forse course go from bad to worse.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 07/11/2018:
Hello rckldoit, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on our course conditions and we escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for your continued business and we value your feedback.

Great value

Great value! Course was in good shape tee boxes and greens were great. The rough and fairways could use some work. Overall great course...will play again

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 07/09/2018:
Hello wjh0923, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and tee boxes. We also appreciate your rating on our pace of play. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Smyrna, Tennessee