Smyrna Golf Course - Regulation Course

Smyrna Golf Course
Orange 72 5283 yards 65.1 108
Orange (W) 72 5283 yards 69.7 115
Scorecard for Smyrna Golf Course
Blue M: 70.7/119 503 182 373 485 171 397 356 399 417 3283 304 542 329 519 187 401 432 143 361 3218 6501
White M: 68.6/117 482 167 349 469 153 380 341 384 346 3071 289 509 314 503 173 383 374 133 327 3005 6076
Orange M: 65.6/108 W: 75.7/128 466 156 274 459 124 307 328 329 295 2738 262 444 303 465 162 333 307 121 307 2704 5442
Red W: 66.0/110 426 109 200 380 118 257 304 223 259 2276 224 377 260 416 137 279 271 118 281 2363 4639

Year Built 1960

Carts Yes - $12
Clubs No

We had some inexperienced golfers in front of us. That’s the reason we were slow. Staff was on key! Super polite.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 10/29/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and found our staff friendly. We also appreciate your feedback on the pace of play. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Slow play!

Staff thought they were doing me a favor by playing there.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 09/18/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on our pace of play and staff and we escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.

Staff is great greens & Fairways are good. Warning

Don't miss the fairway it will take a search party to find the ball and you odds of hitting it good luck. Rough is ridiculous .

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 09/07/2018:
Hello Dblbogie2, thank you for taking the time write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our fairways and found our staff friendly. We also appreciate your feedback on the length of the rough. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Smyrna 9/11/18after

After playing 18 holes with a time booked on GolfNow we inquired about playing an additional 9 and were told it is normally $11 but since we booked on GolfNow it would be the regular 9 hole rate of $20. A note to course manager/owners. If the business relationship between you and GolfNow is proving not to be beneficial then you might want to reconsider. I have met individuals that I continue to play with that have booked on GolfNow and we play several times a week While some of the discounted tee times at less busy hours may not be as lucrative as regularly booked rounds they serve an important function in building “course loyalty “. Making GolfNow customers feel less valued figures heavily into where I will book my foursome (or more) next time.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 09/18/2018:
Hello Wellsburg1, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback and we escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we value your feedback.

Needs Work

This course could be great but they always seem to cut the fairways to short. Greens are always in great shape. The staff is friendly but it is a little pricey for the course. The biggest complaint is the pace of play. It is slow so be prepared for a 5 hour round. They have a marshal but all he does is ride around looking for golf balls. He never tells the slow group to speed up. If you want to play in 4 hours or less do not play here.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 08/29/2018:
Hello TennesseeTbone, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the pace of play and we escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we value your feedback.

Course in great shape

As apparent in the title the course is in as good shape as I can remember. It’s not a hard course which suits be just fine sometimes. Keep up the good work!

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 08/01/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had a great golf experience. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Caters to Men

Been playing on a ladies league at Smyrna for 6 years. This year it seems to be a problem getting us out on the course. Example: letting public tee times go off too close to our appointed time. It has been frustrating and discouraging to me. I don’t feel welcome there. Did I say our league also puts on the largest ladies tournament in middle TN there every May, raising money for Rutherford county charities like Wounded Warriors. So long, farewell, I’ll go play somewhere else!!

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 07/16/2018:
Hello stwhaley, thank you for the three-star rating. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and found our staff friendly. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon.

This is what happens

I play this course every Tuesday morning in a senior golf men’s league. This course is in the worst shape i have ever seen in my 13 years of playing here. The cost is low but unfortunately they don’t have the staff onboard to keep it up. The greens are so-so and the fairways are green in some places. There is a lot of dirt and rock where there needs to be grass. As for off the fairway is cut grass clumped up everywhere. It’s awful and slows down pace of play. You can loose your ball in an instant. Everyone in my league has something bad to say about the shape it’s in. Smyrna needs to get a grip before it’s too late. I’d hate to see this old Air Forse course go from bad to worse.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 07/11/2018:
Hello rckldoit, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on our course conditions and we escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for your continued business and we value your feedback.

Great value

Great value! Course was in good shape tee boxes and greens were great. The rough and fairways could use some work. Overall great course...will play again

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 07/09/2018:
Hello wjh0923, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and tee boxes. We also appreciate your rating on our pace of play. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Course worth playing

I was told, when moving to the area, that this was not a good course. I beg to differ. Greens were in great shape. Fairways had a few small weeds growing, but really didn’t effect the shots. A few real challenging tee shots make it a solid course to play.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 07/02/2018:
Hello skteach27, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and had a great golf experience. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 06/27/2018:
Hello barryengland, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Smyrna Golf Course. We also appreciate your ratings on our pace of play and off-course amenities. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 06/27/2018:
Hello Taylor5123833, thank you for taking the time to rate our course. We are sorry to hear that you had a sub par experience at our course. We appreciate your ratings and have escalated them to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.

Smyrna Golf Course

Good layout. Course in very good condition. Greens were mafnificent.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 06/13/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our layout and course conditions. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Awful

This was the first time playing Smyrna in 2018. It will also be the last, unless it’s free. I walked up to the counter, and the guy checking me in just stared at me. I broke the ice first, with, how are you. I told him we had a tee time for 12:30. He asked, what’s your name. I told him, and he said he didn’t have anyone at 12:30, luckily it’s open. I told him I called on Friday evening and he said they must have booked me on Saturday instead of Sunday. Strike 1 and 2, and I haven’t even paid yet. Strike 3 came, when I realized I was playing on a dirt path for $42.00 per person. My wife and I were trying to enjoy Mother’s Day golfing, the course conditions were awful. The pace of play was great. Only because, nobody wants to play the course. Do not waste your money.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 05/16/2018:
Hello John7915016, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are sorry for the miscommunication of the scheduling of your tee time and we appreciate your feedback on our staff friendliness. We also appreciate your feedback on the course conditions, the turf conditions recently were negatively affected by the abnormally cold winter and we are currently in the healing process. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments and we hope to earn your business again.

Fairways are Dirt

The fairways barely have any grass. Majority of approach shots are off of hard dirt and almost impossible to find a reasonable lie throughout the whole course. Also, the only course I’ve seen in the area that is still hitting on mats on the range. Extremely overpriced for the lack of effort going into taking care of the course. The greens have improved since the last time I’ve played there which is the only reason the rating is not 1 Star but still feel 2 stars is a little generous.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 05/16/2018:
Hello Jordan9774942, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the course conditions, the turf conditions recently were negatively affected by the abnormally cold winter and we are currently in the healing process. We also appreciate your feedback on the mats on the driving range and on the rates. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.

Staff and other players were extremely nice. Greens were in good shape. Some tight lies but will definitely go back.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 05/08/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and staff friendliness. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Nice staff & greens, terrible fairways

I have hit on the range a bunch & the putting green but never played until today. The staff is friendly as always & the putting green was also in good shape like normal. Got on the 1st tee & then found the fairway. The fairway on number 1 was very bare, as was almost every hole on the entire course. Most of the time is was better to be in the rough so you can find some grass to hit off of. The greens were in great shape, just as the putting green led on. It'll be a while before I pay to play this course again, not until the fairways have grass growing.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 05/04/2018:
Hello ShortKnocker1, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and found our staff friendly. We also appreciate your feedback on the fairways. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.

Better than expected.

Few things: I played with a beginner woman. We played scramble style from the red tees, together. I'm typically a not-quite-tips player, but I'm comfortable up to 6600-6800 yards. These red tees were incredibly short - even for red tees. While this inhibits my review a little in that I didn't play the course the way I normally would, I think it's a good thing overall . She loved that she/we had the chance to make par on just about every hole with an ok drive and an ok 2nd shot. There wasn't much around as far as water or hazards. Simple, straight forward, no frills. Some negatives. GPS takes you miles out of the way and it's a bit confusing. The layout seems very basic. The fairways are pretty beat up even for this time of year. Some real positives though. The greens were in awesome shape. Bunkers too. The people were nice. The pace was Amazing. We played midday on a beautiful Saturday and expected logjam, but it was incredibly smooth. I think overall, it was an awesome experience for a beginner and a really good value. If you're after something fancy and pretty - Smyrna's not where it's at. But for fun, low pressure value? We'll definitely be coming back.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 05/01/2018:
Hello Matthew8647788, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our greens, bunkers, affordable rates, and the pace of play. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Smyrna, Tennessee