Type Municipal
Smyrna Golf Course
Orange 72 5283 yards 65.1 108
Orange (W) 72 5283 yards 69.7 115
Scorecard for Smyrna Golf Course
Blue M: 70.7/119 503 182 373 485 171 397 356 382 417 3266 304 542 329 519 187 401 432 143 330 3187 6453
White M: 68.6/117 471 167 349 462 153 380 341 373 346 3042 289 509 308 503 173 383 374 130 314 2983 6025
Orange M: 65.6/108 426 156 274 388 124 307 328 329 295 2627 262 444 262 465 162 333 307 121 300 2656 5283
Red M: 62.4/99 W: 66.0/110 387 109 200 355 118 257 304 223 259 2212 224 377 211 416 137 279 271 118 281 2314 4526

Year Built 1960

Carts Yes - $12
Clubs No

The municipal course I've been looking for!

This was my first time here, having played a boatload of municipal courses, I have been looking for one that is rather easy to get to, low barrier for entry with a high handicap, and staff that are welcoming. This place checked all the boxes! Easily walkable and fairly forgiving, I can actually see playing many rounds here with a decent view to match!

Also one of the only courses I've ever played that hasn't given me any trouble for playing as a single, which was a godsend!

Decent Condition

We got a hot deal to play this course. The greens were in good shape but very slow. The fairways had been sprigged and there was not much grass to hit off of. In a few months, the course will improve, but it is rough right now. For the cost, it was a good value.

Commented On 05/13/2019

Hello Rowland. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Very slow

Play was slow all day, started on back. Two Marshals were out there and they did nothing to help speed of play. Fairways were punched and no notice of that was given. Greens are in good shape, but slow and need to be cut

Commented On 05/09/2019

Hello, we are sorry to hear about the pace of play not being up to your standards, this is something that we take very seriously. Please come out and see us again very soon and hope that you see improvements.

Cow Pasture

This course is not worth $5.00 green fees! It is pitiful that is in such poor condition and a municipal course! The fairways and greens had leaves on them. The staff didn't seem to care. I was paired up with a threesome who only played nine holes and it left min a bind so decided to call it a day! What a waste of time and money!

Commented On 04/29/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will allow us another chance to WOW you with a future visit. Until then, take care!

Commented On 04/15/2019

Hi Nathan, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 3 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course.

Just Ok.

Course was not in the best shape. I’m sure we can blame some of this on recent weather. Let’s start with the greens very slow and choppy, the fairways well what fairways the grass was very limited and everywhere was like hitting off hard dirt. The tee boxes weren’t bad very even and well cut. Now for pace of play was average. I think there needs to be a marshal or starter though. All the 2 sums would go out and not get paired up making it a long wait at most holes. Overall disappointed this course is usually better. Will return and give it another shot, however doesn’t compare to old fort or Indian hills.

Commented On 04/01/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Smyrna Golf Course. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Par 3&4

Great lil course to work on short game.

I usually play with a 7,9,W & Putter
Just a heads up, some of the par 3’s are really short. Less than120 yds.

Only down sides are the ball washers are empty most of the time and some of the greens in the middle get leaves and small sticks on them from the trees. It also has a foothold course within it, some of those players have no edicate for golf.
I play it 2-3 times a week.
You can play 9 holes in about an hour if no one in front of you..

Smyrna golf course

Overall the course was ok. We did just have a lot of rain.

Commented On 02/28/2019

Hi Mickey, thank you for the five stars! We are glad that you had a good time despite the rain. Thanks for your feedback!

Commented On 03/20/2019

Hi, thank you for the three stars. We hope that you had a good round of golf with us the other day. See you out there!

Court is in good shape for middle of winter. Afew spits of standing water but not bad.

Commented On 03/07/2019

Hi Rich, thank you for the four stars! We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented On 03/04/2019

Hi Ryan, thank you for the four stars! We are happy that you had a good time with us the other day. Come back again soon.

Very true greens

Putts rolled very well. Made 3 long ones over 20 feet. The sand bunkers were all in good shape with enough sand and well groomed. Pace was surprisingly good for as busy as it was (4 hrs). Layout is ok for muni. Practice facilities are top notch. Good pro shop and snack bar.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 12/31/2018:
Hello cottonpick, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you had a great experience at Smyrna Golf Course. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Little Gem

Course has a great layout, not extremely challenging, very flat but fun to play. Greens were in excellent condition for this time of year, rolled true and just the right speed. Pace of play was excellent until the last 3 or 4 holes. Nice driving range and putting green and staff is always friendly and helpful. I play here 2 to 3 times a month and highly recommend the course to all levels of players. Prices great!

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 11/19/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had a great golf experience. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

We had some inexperienced golfers in front of us. That’s the reason we were slow. Staff was on key! Super polite.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 10/29/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and found our staff friendly. We also appreciate your feedback on the pace of play. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Slow play!

Staff thought they were doing me a favor by playing there.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 09/18/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on our pace of play and staff and we escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.

Staff is great greens & Fairways are good. Warning
Don't miss the fairway it will take a search party to find the ball and you odds of hitting it good luck. Rough is ridiculous .

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 09/07/2018:
Hello Dblbogie2, thank you for taking the time write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our fairways and found our staff friendly. We also appreciate your feedback on the length of the rough. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Smyrna 9/11/18after

After playing 18 holes with a time booked on GolfNow we inquired about playing an additional 9 and were told it is normally $11 but since we booked on GolfNow it would be the regular 9 hole rate of $20. A note to course manager/owners. If the business relationship between you and GolfNow is proving not to be beneficial then you might want to reconsider. I have met individuals that I continue to play with that have booked on GolfNow and we play several times a week While some of the discounted tee times at less busy hours may not be as lucrative as regularly booked rounds they serve an important function in building “course loyalty “. Making GolfNow customers feel less valued figures heavily into where I will book my foursome (or more) next time.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 09/18/2018:
Hello Wellsburg1, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback and we escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we value your feedback.

Needs Work

This course could be great but they always seem to cut the fairways to short. Greens are always in great shape. The staff is friendly but it is a little pricey for the course. The biggest complaint is the pace of play. It is slow so be prepared for a 5 hour round. They have a marshal but all he does is ride around looking for golf balls. He never tells the slow group to speed up. If you want to play in 4 hours or less do not play here.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 08/29/2018:
Hello TennesseeTbone, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the pace of play and we escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we value your feedback.

Course in great shape

As apparent in the title the course is in as good shape as I can remember. It’s not a hard course which suits be just fine sometimes. Keep up the good work!

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 08/01/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had a great golf experience. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Caters to Men

Been playing on a ladies league at Smyrna for 6 years. This year it seems to be a problem getting us out on the course. Example: letting public tee times go off too close to our appointed time. It has been frustrating and discouraging to me. I don’t feel welcome there. Did I say our league also puts on the largest ladies tournament in middle TN there every May, raising money for Rutherford county charities like Wounded Warriors. So long, farewell, I’ll go play somewhere else!!

Smyrna, Tennessee
College Grove, Tennessee
Brentwood, Tennessee
Nashville, Tennessee

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC