ShadowGlen Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Fairways TifSport Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Roy Bechtol (2003) Randolph P. Russell (2003)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

No Marshal's

The last 3 times I've played at Shadow Glen there were no Marshals on the 1st tee box. With out someone policing The first tee box everyone just goes up there when they're ready to tee off. This creates a bottleneck and nobody honoring their designated tee times. When I approached the first tee box this Sunday there were two groups ahead of me waiting to tee off and got there with about 5 minutes to spare. When I asked when their tee times were they went on to say nobody was here so we just decided to tee off and in the pro shop when I checked in I asked if there was another twosome that they paired us up with. The attendant said no it was just going to be me and my buddy. But when I got up to the tee box there was a threesome who had the same tee time as us so that left me scratching my head. Our tee time was at 7:23 a.m. and we didn't get the tee off after 7:45 a.m. The staff at Shadow Glen needs to respect the clock. If pace of play is messed up on the first tee box the whole round can suffer.

Commented on 10/31/2019

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing ShadowGlen Golf Club.

Great course for the money

Really enjoyed our round at Shadow Glen. Lots of blind tee shots and no gps on the carts so take a gps or use app. Greens were very nice and consistent. Fairways were in great shape. 4 1/2 hr round but it was a Saturday 9am tee time so we knew we might wait a bit. Can’t wait to go back.
There’s a great Mexican restaurant just outside the course that’s open at 7 for breakfast.

Commented on 10/29/2019

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing ShadowGlen Golf Club.

Nice layout but the greens could use some TLC

First time playing the course and really liked the layout. The greens weren't bad but I am probably spoiled on some of the places I have played recently. We were a 4 some and there was a group a few ahead of us that really backed things up so we were waiting on every shot. Ended up being a little over 4.5 hours which is a really slow round to me.

Commented on 10/22/2019

Awesome! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your first time at ShadowGlen Golf Club. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to seeing you at the course again soon!

Commented on 10/22/2019

Great! Thank you for visiting us at ShadowGlen Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Don't schedule a round here if they have a tournament

Excellent golf course, but the pace of play was severely compromised by a scramble golf tournament that teed off right before us. Was a 3 hour front 9 and the back 9 was about 2 1/2 hours. This is a course that could really use a GPS system. A whole lot of blind shots. Would definitely like to play it again when I get back to Austin; but not when they have a tournament happening.

Commented on 10/22/2019

I really enjoy playing on this course

Went I travel to the Austin, Texas area, one of my 'must do's' is to book a round or 2 at Shadow Glen. The Staff is great, very cordial, helpful and friendly. I always say that the courses quality starts with it staff and this course has a great staff. Some say the course is easy, for me as a senior and not that great of golfer anymore, the course has it challenges for sure. Some of the sand traps need TLC, fairways are in good shape, rough is 'really' rough as one would expect. Today, the greens were a bit long, but appears they did aeriate them a while back. I am lucky to be here for a few days so I have booked 2 additional tee times.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Shadow Glen-Course Good, the Rest Just Okay

I love Shadow Glen, the front nine kicks your butt and then the back nine flattens out. The carts were absolutely filthy and I am not that much of a stickler. Range balls looked like they were twice passed down. One of our carts broke down and we had to push it with the other. We called the Pro shop and they said they would send one out. An hour later we called again and from the response from the girl answering the phone I think they forgot about us. They did eventually send out a golf cart. They did not offer any kind of compensation like a free round for our trouble.
There are no bathrooms on the course, not even porta potties. I don’t know what women do.

Maybe they’re running out of money. It’s a shame, because it’s one of my favorite courses.

Commented on 11/04/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 10/09/2019

No staff?

The course is eh? Then greens are nice but still coming out from being punched. They do over water the course in general. It’s always so wet there. The staff inside was no where to be found for quite sometime. I ate my hot dog before paying bc I was tired of waiting, the lady finally came and let me pay for it. Just a little disorganized. Cool course though

Commented on 09/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Love this course

challenging yet fun to play. Friendly staff and very reasonably priced.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Good course Good location

The course layout was great. They have a tremendous variation in tee boxes which definitely helps if you’re a lower skilled golfer as I am. It also provides a great challenge if that’s what you’re seeking. It did get a little congested as far as the pace of play goes but I was able to play through without much hassle. Considering how hot the summer has been the course was in great condition. I don’t know how the traps truly play because it had rained leading up to my round. The course is fairly close to downtown, and is relatively cheap as far as Austin golf courses go.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at ShadowGlen Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

5+ hour round and terrible service

Tee time was early and they had us start on the back 9. No problem. Pace - slow. Fine...as we round the turn there are 4 sets of FOURSOMES waiting to tee off on #1. 2 groups that were ahead of us and 2 that had 10 am tee times who also said they were delayed. So we went into the clubhouse and asked if we could just get a raincheck for 9 holes. They said absolutely not...this was normal. I'm sorry this is NOT normal. Almost turned into a 6 hour round. I wouldn't play here again if they gave me a free round. Save your cash and play somewhere else, especially if you are under a time crunch. Ohh wait where was the marshall...ohh they left at 9 am. Unbelievable.

Commented on 10/17/2019

Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate hearing about our golfer's experiences. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing ShadowGlen Golf Club.

40 minute wait on the turn

Tee'd off at 7:36. They said you will tee off from 10. When we came around to 10 there were 4 groups waiting on the tee box 2 teeing off at what was supposed to be 10 am (it was 10:30) at this point and another 2 groups right behind us. No Marshall or starter insight. We went in to ask for a rain check on 9 hole since it was obviously gonna be over a 5 hour round (on a sub-par course) and the guy said sorry....can't help you and you just have to wait. I asked for a manager and he said...he would say the same thing. Customer service at its finest.
DO NOT PLAY THIS COURSE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TO.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing ShadowGlen Golf Club.

Greens punched

Course was is good shape. Greens had been punched a few days before. Greens were very soft, and fairways were good. Enjoyed layout. will play again.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Awesome! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing ShadowGlen Golf Club.

Play At Your Own Risk

The greens had just been punched but that is expected periodically so that was not the issue. It would have been nice to have been told that when I booked the tee time but I can get past that. The problem was they had no water in the coolers on the back nine. It was a mid 90's day and there was no beverage cart. A lack of water available is dangerous and there is no excuse for that.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Those greens

It would be nice to know when booking if a course has recently aerated their greens. Had I known that they did I probably would not have played here. Those sanded and aerated greens unreliable and untrue, maybe that’s why they don’t alert you to that, then i guess most people would choose another course. Usually a great place to play.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you weren't informed of the aerification. We appreciate your review and will use it to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Punch Sand Greens

This round was advertised as Hot Deal! GolfNow did NOT advertise the greens had just been punched and sand. Rip off!

Commented on 09/05/2019

Thank you for your review! We are deeply sorry for the miscommunication regarding our course conditions. It is never our intention to rip anyone off. We strive to provide our golfers with a great experience and we apologize that we didn't give that to you. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you again for your review and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Commented on 09/04/2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing ShadowGlen Golf Club.

Arizona Advisor

Club does not want to inform Golfnow of aerated greens for fear of losing business.

I booked my tee time thru Golfnow based on the reviews before my 8/26/19 booking for a twosome at 7:05am on our National Holiday Labor Day. I trust Golfnow when they post a warning hazard sign for a course being overseeded, aerated, flooded or under repair. I RELY ON THAT WARNING TO MAKE MY TEE TIME CHOICES. Just as the two "suckers" like me who posted 8/30/19 I arrived to find the greens aerated to the size of a nickle, heavily sanded such that our early morning putts had rooster tails of debris from even inside two feet. THE GREENS WERE UNPUTTABLE. As a 4 hdcp half my game is using the flat stick. Our group of four, handicaps from 1 to 8, had no birdies yet nine approach shots to within six feet, two inside two feet. Ben Crenshaw in his prime could not make a putt on these minefields. I'm certain the normal plan is the Club informs Golfnow of their repair and seasonal maintenance. As these dates often change due to weather patterns no way can a course inform Golfnow months in advance. The course must inform Golfnow, not Golfnow investigating when. Those irrefutable facts lead to only one conclusion: ShadowGlen intentionally failed to inform Golfnow of their aeration. Why? The almighty buck. Really what do they care if tourists, let alone locals, ever come back. The place was packed. On a National Holiday are you going to abruptly leave the parking lot and try to find an honest course that's got a similar tee time. You won't find it on such short notice. No, they got you, and your money, and too bad for you "sucker". And so help me if these thieves reply "We appreciate your review and will use it to help us improve moving forward." You get the idea. Too bad as the course layout is better than most, the staff very friendly, but obviously the management who chose to RIP US ALL OFF...

Commented on 09/05/2019

Woulda been good to know they punched the greens

I was in town with a bachelor party group and we booked the round after reading some reviews - this course fit in our price/quality range. When we arrived at the course, the pro shop told us they punched the greens last week.

Really would've been nice to know this before we booked the course because, well, we would've played somewhere else. Greens were still recovering and you couldn't read a putt from any distance. It basically made it un-playable. They gave us a slight discount but honestly, it wasn't worth much more than like 20 bucks in the condition it was in.

Commented on 10/16/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.