ShadowGlen Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Fairways TifSport Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Roy Bechtol (2003) Randolph P. Russell (2003)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Slow front 9 but had a beer or 3 and it was fine

New to area and first time here. The front 9 took close to 3 hours and 15 minutes but overall it was still fun, it's a beautiful course and you're out there with your buddies. I came into the pro shop after 9 to ask for a raincheck since we ran out of time to finish 18 but they could not have been nicer about it. Some of the courses I've been the staff were a******* about it and wouldn't believe me but this guy remembered my tee time and acknowledged that pace of play is something they are working hard to improve.

Always improving

Course looked very green after all the rain this past week. Pace of play was not an issue at all, the marshall out there was very hands on.. Staff was super nice, went out of there way to make sure we had a nice afternoon

Can't wait for next weekend

Challenging walk on a challenging course

The front nine is hilly with some blind shots that could be better played with experience. On #4 aim right as very steep slopes, out of sight, will take the ball to the left. On #7 from the fairway aim for the church steeple to find the green. Course was in good condition for time of year.

Lives up to the hype

Everyone that plays here raves about it; now I see why. Course is really green for this time of year and was in overall great shape. The members I was paired up with were gentleman and staff was helpful and friendly.

I see myself playing here over Star Ranch from now on

Pace of play issues but all in all a great value

I became a member before the end of last year and have really enjoyed seeing the changes they've made out there. Every weekend I come out something is new and improved and the staff really seems to care about the place.

Play has been painfully slow the past few weekends but it's also the busiest this place has ever been as far as I've heard. With how much of a commitment they've shown to improving the place I'm sure they'll solve the slow play issue. And as this course becomes more premium hopefully it will keep out some of the types of golfers that cause issues on the weekends.

Nice course, but not well managed that day

The course has an interesting/challenging layout and was in pretty good shape for early February. Unfortunately, the outing was less enjoyable by the lack of staff attention. There was no starter to join me with the group to which I was assigned. I teed off alone at the appointed time and joined another single. Pace of play was not monitored and we waited for as long as 15 minutes for some shots. The round took almost 5 hours and we finished just before it got too dark to play. I'll go back, but not on a weekend (unless the course makes a concerted effort to staff better).

Best back 9 in ATX

Course was in really good shape, and a really cool layout. Greens were rolling well and not as painfully slow as some other courses in the area, Staff was friendly and just a nice overall vibe out there. Pace of play got a bit slow but that's kind of to be expected at noon on a Saturday.

Can't wait to come back

Fun Course, Ridiculously Slow Play

I've been playing at Shadow Glenn off and on for the last 15 years, or so. I like to play different courses and I play SG a couple of times a year. I appreciate the improvements they've made lately as well The course is usually in good shape, fast greens fun and challenging. The front 9 is especially a challenge. My only gripe is the slow play I've experience the last 3 times I've played the course. All within the last 6 weeks on a Saturday. I realize that Saturdays are crowded on many courses and it can be slower, however 5 hour play is ridiculous. There were groups spending 15 minutes on the greens, taking several mulligans on the tee box without regard for other groups being them. This has been typical each time I've played. There are no marshals on the course and when you call the clubhouse nothing is done about it. I know for sure I'm not the only one frustrated with this issue; I hope that someone will pay attention to this and solve the problem by implementing marshals on the course and promoting faster play. I really like the course but I'll spend my time and money elsewhere until it's fixed.

Challenging Course

For winter conditions was pretty good. Pace of play was slow. Five hour round. But not as bad as some have played, was the weekend. If they work on beautification on this course this would be a awesome track. Great varied terrain and greens were above average. Enjoyable round of golf all around would play again for sure. I would really like to see it in the spring.

God awful time today

No Marshall at all, we never saw anyone maintaining pace of play. We made the turn in 2 hours and 47 minutes, went to get something at the turn and the golf shop was closed and no one in the grill.
We got thru hole 13 and had to finish because it had already been 4 hours and we have lives to get to. I like the course and it was in pretty decent condition, but the golf staff and lack of monitoring pace of play is an absolute joke. We were on pace for a 5 1/2-6 hour round of golf. I play 2-3 rounds a week and this is the slowest and least policed golf course I’ve played in the last year and a half. I want my money back.

Good Greens

Beautiful day and a beautiful course. The bunkers were a bit shallow and grainy, my foursome played in four hours and twenty-five minuets.

Impressive

Hands down the best value golf course in Austin. There is nowhere else you are playing for under $60 on a weekend that even compares to this. Greens were better than courses in the area I've payed over a hundred to play.

This course is highly underrated; I love that it's a full layout and not some rinky dink 6200 yard course with slow greens and wide fairways. This is a REAL golf course but on the other hand with 5 tee boxes anyone can play it. You will elevate your game playing and practicing here. It's also beautiful and surrounded by woods and untouched land

Will be back for sure

Exceeded Expectations

I've been coming out here for years but I don't play much golf during the winter months so I hadn't been here since October and was very pleasantly surprised at all the changes taking place.

Pro shop and clubhouse look as clean and tidy as they have ever been, and the new staff is awesome. They also just got new carts for this year and on the course they have cut down numerous trees and also added another tee box. Holes like #9 play way differently now and the greens are in ridiculously good shape for this time of year. Overall just everything appears to be getting better

The course layout has always been extraordinary for a course in this price range, but in the past it never lived up to its potential in terms of course conditions or overall amenities and service. Not sure if it's due to Bluebonnet closing but this place appears to be absolutely booming. Never in a million years did I think the parking lot would be packed before 10AM in the winter.

Excited to see what this year holds in store for ShadowGlen

Deluxe

Busiest I had ever seen ShadowGlen, so not too surprised my round took about 5 hours. But all things considered it’s a weekend at a public course, people need to stop expecting to play a 4 hour round at 10am on a Saturday. There is no other place you are gonna play in the Austin area for this price that has a layout and course conditions like this. The clubhouse is the coolest I’ve seen in a long time too; deer mounts everywhere, dogs napping in the pro shop, and awesome staff. Just an overall great vibe there, refreshing change from some of the other courses around. Memberships out there are also a great value, do the math on it there’s nothing out there even close to as good of a deal

Definitely will be back, hopefully on a weekday though when I can get done in 3 and a half hours

Slow pace of play

Playing a 5 1/2 hour round is not fun. The marshalls did not enforce any pace of play as far as we could tell. Golf is not fun when it’s required to wait for 10 minutes before every tee off. It’s a shame because it’s a fun, challenging course in decent condition.

Thoroughly impressed

Had not played here before and was not expecting all that this course had to offer for the price. I've been playing Star Ranch and Avery Ranch and paying the full $79 green fee and thought I was getting more for that price, i could not have been more wrong. Brand new carts at ShadowGlen, course looks awesome and greens were rolling very well. The young and vibrant staff is refreshing change from many of the stuffy uptight pros at these so called higher quality courses. Just love the vibe here it's casual and laid back but for the serious golfer. And the layout is awesome, can be an ultra challenging test for better player from the tips but a fun round for a mid handicapped senior. Will be coming back

Challenging Course, need to try it again in the spring

Summary, nice course in winter conditions,, needs a bit of TLC, great consistent greens, smallish clubhouse, I though it was over priced with a bucket of balls at $61.

Pro shop staff were more interested in their phones than customers. General manager was unfriendly and cold. Snack bar staff was nice and good service.
Golf course layout was good. Conditions were mediocre at best. Bunkers were terrible. Greens hold nicely but cups were worn out (must have been there for days). Lots of weeds around the greens and collars. Fairways had large muddy areas even though it had not rained.

Excellence

Love this course, such a great layout compared to other public courses in the area and challenging too which I love to see. Greens are rolling perfectly as well, course conditions were surprisingly good for this time of the year. Pace of play can get slow on weekends but what do you expect at a public course on weekends

Pflugerville, Texas
Hutto, Texas
Round Rock, Texas

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.