ShadowGlen Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Fairways TifSport Bermuda Grass
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Roy Bechtol (2003) Randolph P. Russell (2003)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Big Fan

Championship caliber golf at a decent price. 7200 yards from the tips presented a challenge, but plenty of scoring opportunities depending on where wind is coming from. I've played all around the world and this is really a good golf course. Play in the early morning and pace of play is always great. Staff is intelligent and hardworking.

Poor, Poor Service

We have played this course multiple times- the condition of the course was decent. Unfortunately, that is where it ended. I arrived for my tee time 30 minutes early and got the LAST available cart. My playing partners arrived shortly after me but didn’t get a cart until 8 minutes before our scheduled time, even worse a player from the group in front us got his at the same time- so we were already behind to start the day. There were no available baskets in the range area...To top it all off, our round finished at sundown and my wife (one of the four playing in our group) asked to use the restroom before we left. They had locked the clubhouse at sundown and the bartender was in the bar counting money, looked right at my wife hoping to get inside, then returned to counting money completely ignoring her. Like I said, I typically hold this course in high regard, however I will give this course some time before coming back in hopes they correct all the issues.

Commented on 11/26/2020

How did your wife ask to use restroom if clubhouse was locked and the staff was inside?

Fantastic Greens

Shadowglen is always in great shape and the greens are on point.

Outstanding

First time playing here and it was absolutely outstanding! Course is in great condition and the greens were on point. For me there isn’t much worse than slow greens and these were perfect. Pretty tough course but plenty of holes to score on. I will most definitely be back to play there!

I’m an average golfer so was a challenging course but every hole was different and great fun. I ended up playing with two other guys, one of which was a member. Had a great afternoons golf in an absolutely beautiful estate. The assistant general manager Mason was helpful and barmaids were friendly. Will be back for sure

Shadow Glenn

Traps are rocky but overall in good shape. Excellent staff, enjoy rounds here. Pricey if your just a casual golfer. Good test for better players.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Thanks for the review! One of our winter projects is to renovate all of our bunkers.

Beautiful course in great condition. Staff was great. Pace of play was almost unbearable. We couldn’t finish the last 6 holes which are the best part of the course, because of darkness. Stuck behind slow play all afternoon. It’s a problem for golf in general I don’t blame the course. It’s an awesome golf course just go early so you can complete your round and expect a 5 hr round.

Please pay a marshal

Love this course, but today was an overwhelming disappointment. Our round took an excruciating 5+ hours - literally waiting on every single shot. I get that COVID has increased the number of weekend golfers but Shadow Glen appears to overbook their tee sheet and has no starter and no marshal to keep things moving. You've raised prices, now can you please pay someone to monitor pace? Otherwise, things were ok with exception of the fairways which looked like they hadn't been mowed since Thursday or Friday.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Thank you for your feedback, and apologies that you did not have a better experience. We are aware that pace of play has been inconsistent and we are committed to solving this problem. Due to it being cart path only yesterday morning this had a negative impact on pace of play. We are ALWAYS trying to improve and we hope to see you out again soon!

No marshall/starter. Get ready for 5+ hours on a poorly maintained course.

Very unfortunate what has become of this course. No starter, no marshalls. A round takes 5 hours, and they don't appear to care. Three guys behind the counter, nobody out on the course.

Maintenance of the course is poor. Greens are very bumpy and slow. Need rolling at least. Many places on the course either flooded, or need to be mowed.

Too many better options. Won't be back.

Worst of all, probably, they argue with honest reviews and tell them that they won't be missed, and/or don't know what they're talking about. Wow.

Mismanaged. WAS a good course. No longer.

Commented on 11/12/2020

You’re right, you won’t be missed. You had a 1:58 tee time on a Saturday when the sun sets at 5:38. You were irate before you even teed off. We offered to make it right but you didn’t care. Saying the greens were in bad shape shows you just were in a bad mood that day.

No more. Course used to be in good shape.

Commented on 11/12/2020

We played until 30 minutes after sunset. Still had 4 holes to play even playing after 6. I wasn't really upset until I was told "We're not on the tee box, so we don't know how far behind we are." You offered 'maybe we could give you a 9 hole voucher.' That would be great for a course worth playing.

Used to come out all the time, playing Thursday skins every week.

Guy above me said virtually the same thing I did, and you (shocker) apologized. Which is it? I'm just irate, or we're both right? This is sad.

Vice President

The course is challenging, which always makes it fun. It is a good test, each time you go out. The only negative was they reversed the front 9 and back 9.

I preferred the other set up better, because one nine (now the back) is definitely more challenging.

Same ol slow play

As always, Shadowglen refuses to use course marshals to speed up play. Another 5 hour round and no marshal seen on a Saturday. Multiple times we had to wait as the group in front of us teed off

I dont often rate courses. Very average course for the money. Not in good condition like advertised unfortunately

Horrible staff

A cart was not provided until 45 minutes AFTER we were scheduled to tee off. When we called the club house to figure out why half our group was waiting on the tee box for 30-45 min on the other half to be provided a cart, they had no answer. We requested to speak with management and they advised us the manager wasn't answering the phone and we would need to call back later. We requested a call back directly from management but was told management does not call out and only option was to call back. They then decided it would be a good time to just hang up on us.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Sounds like GolfNow answering service was on other line of call not their staff. SG isn't perfect but in my experience staff has always gone out of their way to be accomodating

Pflugerville, Texas